InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That first one definitely maybe.
Second probably not maybe.
Third certainly kind of but maybe not.
Forth absolutely probably not.
LMAO! :laugh:

Golfer to Caddie: How do you see this putt?
Caddie: It's nearly straight.

ahoy there,
aint this a witch, always behind the curve i says, you boyz an girls are lookin to make seeds while the ol captain still is lookin fer no seeds. must be the lack of wind in me sails keepin me back from the fresh adventures. i says the fresh adventures are the kind.

I will provide a proper essay on Rezination for you this weekend as you indicated your intention to take actual leaf wilt measurements.

Not sure how the lack of mechanical support will play out for you in drought. My colas are always on yo-yo hangers.

:ciao: Plants are looking lovely Shed.
:ciao: Boo! We miss you and your plants and your banter. :love: I'm sure the last couple of months took the wind out of your sails, but we have a few blowhards here who might get you moving again! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I concur but hope you might be surprised.
I am very willing to be surprised...thanks!
And that’s exactly why I love this guy, even after back to back colonoscopies he’s still so positive!
I know right? I chalk it up to the flush. Oh, and naps two days running!
I know you have been waiting for my professional opinion on this, and just to be clear I'm not under the influence.
1 thru 5 are aliens.
Buttercup would be proud of me.
Thank you. I feel more complete now.
I bet your going to find some seeds when it’s all said and done.
So much positivity here it's invigorating! Thanks for stopping by (and for the vote of confidence) Caddie. :ciao:
That first one definitely maybe.
Second probably not maybe.
Third certainly kind of but maybe not.
Forth absolutely probably not.
:thanks: Otter...I've entered your responses in the spreadsheet, I think.
must be the lack of wind in me sails keepin me back from the fresh adventures.
You have so much R&D and altruism going on I can't see you having time for fresh adventures at the moment!
I will provide a proper essay on Rezination for you this weekend as you indicated your intention to take actual leaf wilt measurements.
I'm looking forward to that. Thanks Maritimer!
Not sure how the lack of mechanical support will play out for you in drought. My colas are always on yo-yo hangers.
I tie my branches to bamboo stakes in the pot. I'm more worried about the whole thing tipping over in a breeze. :eek:

They do that if I go one extra day without watering!
Sorry shed , see no seeds , but can't see past the resin into the abliss. where is the sticky fingers emoji .
I know sb! I may not end up with seeds but I've got some damn sparkly flowers. :stickyfingers:

Hi @InTheShed i was told I needed to be here. I believe you are doing a soil less run at the moment would love to learn :)

I should say also I'd normally go through a post and give everyone's comment a like. But seeing how this post has over 10k comment I'm just going to like this page and every post from now on lol. Sorry I love you all but even I have limits :)

Hi @InTheShed i was told I needed to be here. I believe you are doing a soil less run at the moment would love to learn. I should say also I'd normally go through a post and give everyone's comment a like. But seeing how this post has over 10k comment I'm just going to like this page and every post from now on lol. Sorry I love you all but even I have limits
Howdy Moony and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! I would never expect anyone to read through more than a few pages here (hence the "jump in any time" in the title :cheesygrinsmiley: ) but I'm glad you could join in starting...now.

I run my plants in ProMix HP (soilless) and have been for close to four years now, so feel free to ask any questions that you have.

Thanks for signing up for the show!

Howdy Moony and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! I would never expect anyone to read through more than a few pages here (hence the "jump in any time" in the title :cheesygrinsmiley: ) but I'm glad you could join in starting...now.

I run my plants in ProMix HP (soilless) and have been for close to four years now, so feel free to ask any questions that you have.

Thanks for signing up for the show!
Thank you very much for the welcome :)
I'm always impressed about anyone running full hydroponics. I've seen the results of @West Hippie and I'm thinking of dipping my toe in the water (Completely on purpose pun lol) next summer when temps get high. I'd be starting small at first maybe 4 or 6 plants in a 1.5m but it's far off yet. I'll make sure I'm here and learning for the next 4 or 5 months :) I've a large soil/coco run between now and then so I'll have my hands full in between and hopefully time to learn from you seasoned professionals :)

Glad to be here for the ride. :Rasta:

Just stopping by to say “wassup”?

NTH
Hiya NTH! Nice to have you here and :welcome: . "Wassup" any time you're in the neighborhood. :)
I'm always impressed about anyone running full hydroponics.
Me too! I don't think I'd ever run hydro since the sun is my main source of light, and my plants get moved in and out twice a day. Hard to do with water and power. ;)
I've seen the results of @West Hippie and I'm thinking of dipping my toe in the water (Completely on purpose pun lol)
I send anyone looking to do hydro to West Hippie. He knocks it out of the park time after time and keeps detailed records that make it easy to see what and how he does it.
I've a large soil/coco run between now and then so I'll have my hands full in between and hopefully time to learn from you seasoned professionals
Is that a blend of soil and coco or are different plants in different media? BTW...I'm married to a Brit!

I'm starting out in a pro mix pre fertilised soil then moving to premium coco and perlite 70/30. Will probably do the seed pots (0.5 litre) and the next stage pots 3 litre. Then when I move to the 10 litre I'll mix what's left of my 50 litre bag with the coco perlite. Then for the 26 litre cloth big boys ill have the coco perlite. At each stage plenty of mycorrhiza on the roots and in the new hole.

I'm starting out in a pro mix pre fertilised soil then moving to premium coco and perlite 70/30. Will probably do the seed pots (0.5 litre) and the next stage pots 3 litre. Then when I move to the 10 litre I'll mix what's left of my 50 litre bag with the coco perlite. Then for the 26 litre cloth big boys ill have the coco perlite. At each stage plenty of mycorrhiza on the roots and in the new hole.
Sounds like a plan! Make sure you drop a link here when you get that journal up and running. :thumb:

Sounds like a plan! Make sure you drop a link here when you get that journal up and running. :thumb:
Will do buddy! I think by Monday I'll have finalised the details of my next run and be able to announce/start journal :) I'm very excited and a little nervous but mainly excited. I tend to overplan things but times like this it seems useful lol.

A short essay on droughting cannabis.

I first observed the application of drought on cannabis around 1980. A group of Apache Indians was living in the hills about a half hour south of the US border. These folks were putting out some top-notch results for the times. Anyhow one night as a rare storm was approaching the Indians rolled out big tarps to cover patches of plants telling us this makes the smoke stronger. Okay.

Flash to 2017 when a young Canadian (Kaplan et al 2017) conducted an empirical study with suitable statistical modeling that proved cannabis subjected to a significant drought will produce more THC and CBD. His doctoral thesis examined early, late and multiple droughts determining the best approach is one drought beginning the seventh week of flower. The drought should be applied until a 50% change in LWA (leaf wilt angle) has been observed, then fertigate. LWA is the angle formed between the branch and the petiole. This does not include the lamina blades of the leaf, only the petiole. Kaplans test results using all the fancy instruments concluded the following.

Doctor Kaplan et al 2017
Cannabinoid concentration and yield in the dry floral material of cannabis exposed to drought stress at week seven in the flowering stage. T
Conclusions
This study suggested that controlled drought stress can increase the concentration of major cannabinoids THCA, CBDA and the yield of THCA, CBDA, THC, and CBD in chemovar II cannabis without reducing dry floral weight (yield) and irrespective of decreased Pn. These results were achieved by gradually drying the substrate over eleven days until plant WP reached around -1.5 MPa during week seven in the flowering stage. Comparable results can be expected using leaf wilting as a drought stress indicator with fertigation triggered at a leaf angle 50% higher than in its turgid state. This method for administering drought-stress and the results of this study should be applicable for similar varieties of chemovar II cannabis; however, other chemovars or varieties may respond differently.
Yield in the control was 178 ± 9.4 g·m-2 and was 232 ± 18.5 g·m-2 in the drought treatment but yield did not differ statistically between the two treatments (P = 0.06; n = 3). The moisture content of the dried and cured floral material was 8 ± 0.1 % in the control, 11% lower than that in the drought treatment, at 9 ± 0.1 % (P = 0.01; n = 3). Henceforward, the floral dry weight and cannabinoid contents are corrected to zero percent moisture.
Of the analyzed cannabinoids, all were detected in at least one sample, these included: THC, THCA, CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBGA, and CBN. In the drought treatment, only one sample had a detectable concentration of CBG and CBN, and in the control there were no samples with detectable CBN; therefore, comparisons could not be made for these cannabinoids, and the means for CBN were not presented.
“The drought treatment elicited a 12% increase in THCA concentration and a 13% increase in CBDA concentration but had no effect on the concentrations of the other detected cannabinoids Drought had substantial effects on cannabinoid yield, expressed as grams of cannabinoid from floral material per unit growing area (g·m-2). In the drought treatment, THC yield was 50% higher, THCA yield was 43% higher, CBD yield was 67% higher, and CBDA yield was 47% higher than in the control.”

I hope this helps. I will be here if you have any questions. I will bore you with all the hows and whys if you like the science.
:hookah:

A short essay on droughting cannabis.

I first observed the application of drought on cannabis around 1980. A group of Apache Indians was living in the hills about a half hour south of the US border. These folks were putting out some top-notch results for the times. Anyhow one night as a rare storm was approaching the Indians rolled out big tarps to cover patches of plants telling us this makes the smoke stronger. Okay.

Flash to 2017 when a young Canadian (Kaplan et al 2017) conducted an empirical study with suitable statistical modeling that proved cannabis subjected to a significant drought will produce more THC and CBD. His doctoral thesis examined early, late and multiple droughts determining the best approach is one drought beginning the seventh week of flower. The drought should be applied until a 50% change in LWA (leaf wilt angle) has been observed, then fertigate. LWA is the angle formed between the branch and the petiole. This does not include the lamina blades of the leaf, only the petiole. Kaplans test results using all the fancy instruments concluded the following.

Doctor Kaplan et al 2017
Cannabinoid concentration and yield in the dry floral material of cannabis exposed to drought stress at week seven in the flowering stage. T
Conclusions
This study suggested that controlled drought stress can increase the concentration of major cannabinoids THCA, CBDA and the yield of THCA, CBDA, THC, and CBD in chemovar II cannabis without reducing dry floral weight (yield) and irrespective of decreased Pn. These results were achieved by gradually drying the substrate over eleven days until plant WP reached around -1.5 MPa during week seven in the flowering stage. Comparable results can be expected using leaf wilting as a drought stress indicator with fertigation triggered at a leaf angle 50% higher than in its turgid state. This method for administering drought-stress and the results of this study should be applicable for similar varieties of chemovar II cannabis; however, other chemovars or varieties may respond differently.
Yield in the control was 178 ± 9.4 g·m-2 and was 232 ± 18.5 g·m-2 in the drought treatment but yield did not differ statistically between the two treatments (P = 0.06; n = 3). The moisture content of the dried and cured floral material was 8 ± 0.1 % in the control, 11% lower than that in the drought treatment, at 9 ± 0.1 % (P = 0.01; n = 3). Henceforward, the floral dry weight and cannabinoid contents are corrected to zero percent moisture.
Of the analyzed cannabinoids, all were detected in at least one sample, these included: THC, THCA, CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBGA, and CBN. In the drought treatment, only one sample had a detectable concentration of CBG and CBN, and in the control there were no samples with detectable CBN; therefore, comparisons could not be made for these cannabinoids, and the means for CBN were not presented.
“The drought treatment elicited a 12% increase in THCA concentration and a 13% increase in CBDA concentration but had no effect on the concentrations of the other detected cannabinoids Drought had substantial effects on cannabinoid yield, expressed as grams of cannabinoid from floral material per unit growing area (g·m-2). In the drought treatment, THC yield was 50% higher, THCA yield was 43% higher, CBD yield was 67% higher, and CBDA yield was 47% higher than in the control.”

I hope this helps. I will be here if you have any questions. I will bore you with all the hows and whys if you like the science.
:hookah:
BOOKMARKED

Back
Top Bottom