InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hey Shed, plants are looking great especially the Trainwreck Wow!! More horizontal buds then vertical they must be heavy💪

To bad about the bud rot on the Urkel but it looks pretty minimal from the pics so she should still fill quite a few jars when it’s all said and done!

They are! I :bump:ed myself in the forehead with a bud when watering this morning and was surprised by its density.

Thanks BL! I've been spraying it with BT every 3 days or so in an attempt to get it to harvest without too much new rot. :nervous-guy:
Looking good even with the b.r. hoping yer yield is super 👍

Thanks Carcass! Some of my biggest harvests were on plants with the most botrytis. :hmmmm:
Hey Shed I got a question for you, I checked out your thread about supercropping. What I’m wondering was if it’s too late once flowering begins? Maybe you could look at my Temple Kush give me your thoughts. Thanks CL🍀

Hey Shed, plants are looking great especially the Trainwreck Wow!! More horizontal buds then vertical they must be heavy
To bad about the bud rot on the Urkel but it looks pretty minimal from the pics so she should still fill quite a few jars when it’s all said and done!
Thanks N! One of the biggest flowers on the TW actually supercropped the stem. :eek:
Looking good even with the b.r. hoping yer yield is super
Thank you Captain!
Hey Shed I got a question for you, I checked out your thread about supercropping. What I’m wondering was if it’s too late once flowering begins? Maybe you could look at my Temple Kush give me your thoughts. Thanks CL
I'd need a link to spot your Temple Kush, but I will generally supercrop all the way up to the end of stretch.

Monday greetings all! Not much happening here and I'm not one to post daily updates on the same plants, but it's been a while so I thought I'd do an update on the Summer grow, flip day 55.

I've been giving them each a gallon/day pretty much all through flower, and I wanted to see what would happen if I waited for the pots to feel light again. So I watered on Friday afternoon and then skipped Saturday and Sunday.

I didn't do a measured leaf wilt angle (LWA) test, but I can tell you just from looking at them that they are beyond a 50% change in LWA and it hasn't even been that hot. So much for trying to reach 11 days outside!

Here is the Purple Urkle looking thirsty:

And one of the top flowers:

Here is the Trainwreck looking thirsty:

And one of its top flowers:

They each got 1.5 gallons this morning so I'll see how the recovery goes, and I'll get an idea of how quickly they're drinking in terms of harvest timing. Also, the heat is supposed to be ratcheting back up later this week, which should make them thirstier.

And interestingly enough, even though they're both in the early indoor harvest window (@Weed Seeds Express has the Trainwreck at 56 - 63 days and the Purple Urkle seems to be 55 - 60 days), I'm not tired of looking at them yet!

Thanks for coming by for a visit. :ciao:

Monday greetings all! Not much happening here and I'm not one to post daily updates on the same plants, but it's been a while so I thought I'd do an update on the Summer grow, flip day 55.

I've been giving them each a gallon/day pretty much all through flower, and I wanted to see what would happen if I waited for the pots to feel light again. So I watered on Friday afternoon and then skipped Saturday and Sunday.

I didn't do a measured leaf wilt angle (LWA) test, but I can tell you just from looking at them that they are beyond a 50% change in LWA and it hasn't even been that hot. So much for trying to reach 11 days outside!

Here is the Purple Urkle looking thirsty:

And one of the top flowers:

Here is the Trainwreck looking thirsty:

And one of its top flowers:

They each got 1.5 gallons this morning so I'll see how the recovery goes, and I'll get an idea of how quickly they're drinking in terms of harvest timing. Also, the heat is supposed to be ratcheting back up later this week, which should make them thirstier.

And interestingly enough, even though they're both in the early indoor harvest window (@Weed Seeds Express has the Trainwreck at 56 - 63 days and the Purple Urkle seems to be 55 - 60 days), I'm not tired of looking at them yet!

Thanks for coming by for a visit. :ciao:
Wow 2 days only, how hot is it where your growing? Looking very nice 👀👍

Looking GREAT!
Thanks Grateful! Considering the root aphids and the heat and the possible overabundance of magnesium, they don't look anywhere near as awful as they could. :)
I never grow tired of looking at them. It’s the work involved that tires me out.
The work is just part of my morning routine since I've done it practically 365 days a year for the past 4+ years. But at some point I just get sick of looking at them! Maybe when I start up outside again in the spring I'll do a shorter veg and turn them over a bit faster. :hmmmm:
Such pretty buds Shed. You're almost there now
Thank you Carmen! I want to spread it over two different weekends so I wonder if this weekend one of them will tell me it's done.
Wow 2 days only, how hot is it where your growing? Looking very nice
Thanks Captain! It wasn't that hot this past weekend, highs in the high 70s maybe? They are probably close to rootbound though after 153 days above ground and in these 7 gallon pots for close to 100 days. I want to do a rootopsy after harvest to see if I can spot aphid damage, so I'll know then.

Thank you Carmen! I want to spread it over two different weekends so I wonder if this weekend one of them will tell me it's done.
That makes sense. Let's hope you have one ready to get the chop this weekend. Do yours hang for about a week before jarring, Shed?
I want to do a rootopsy after harvest to see if I can spot aphid damage
That should be interesting. Good plan!

Do yours hang for about a week before jarring, Shed?
I try to hang for as close to 7 days as the weather will allow. But when the stems almost snap when they bend I cut the buds off and put them in turkey roasting bags for burping. I don't usually jar for the cure until 21 days post chop to allow for as much chlorophyll to "burn off" as possible.

I'll do a better job of journaling my post-harvest routine for these since I'm sure it's been a long time since I did it last.

I try to hang for as close to 7 days as the weather will allow. But when the stems almost snap when they bend I cut the buds off and put them in turkey roasting bags for burping. I don't usually jar for the cure until 21 days post chop to allow for as much chlorophyll to "burn off" as possible.

I'll do a better job of journaling my post-harvest routine for these since I'm sure it's been a long time since I did it last.
Why do they burp better in turkey bags than jars, Shed? Yes, I'd be very interested to see your journal of the post-harvest stuff.

Back
Top Bottom