InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks TU and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! Always nice to see new faces here. And Stunger must have a lot of those cobs left since every time he mentions them he's just noshing on a tiny bit. :)
That's true Shed, I haven't used much of my cobs as I mostly forget I have them such is my dry herb vaping habit.

My cobs were made from hybrids whereas cobs made from sativas are usually said to be the best.

I find cobs to be very impressive that with no purposeful prior decarbing that just chewing a little bit results in a nice long stone. They can also be vaped or smoked too, but I generally never intentionally combust these days.

Another thing about storing the cobs, they can be hidden away a lot more easily than jars of cured herb. In fact if I am ever in an old folks home I will look for a hollow walking stick and stuff it full of cobs before I go in! Unless the dumb law has changed by that point and I can bring in a box of jarred bud!

That's true Shed, I haven't used much of my cobs as I mostly forget I have them such is my dry herb vaping habit.

My cobs were made from hybrids whereas cobs made from sativas are usually said to be the best.

I find cobs to be very impressive that with no purposeful prior decarbing that just chewing a little bit results in a nice long stone. They can also be vaped or smoked too, but I generally never intentionally combust these days.

Another thing about storing the cobs, they can be hidden away a lot more easily than jars of cured herb. In fact if I am ever in an old folks home I will look for a hollow walking stick and stuff it full of cobs before I go in! Unless the dumb law has changed by that point and I can bring in a box of jarred bud!
I’m hoping to try doing one cob out of my current grow but I’m not sure yet which strain I’ll use. CL🍀

Are these the Malawian Cobs? (Malawi is awesome as a place but didn’t smoke any) wrapped in Banana leaves with goat pee on them and stuff orginally?

🤦🏻‍♂️

My desk looks out on 10 of our* banana trees.

Never want for a banana in our house.

Feels like some stitch up. Oh Nick’s got banana leaves to hand. Lets nudge him there. 😂

Can I use Chihuahua pee? I seem to have gained one of them today as & Co stitched me me as well. But looks fun. Malawi is such a nice place too.

🤣

Nick

* our not legally on our land but we have verbal scrumping rights on the bananas, the whole street knows this, while we negotiate over a deal to buy the little 30x60’ plot of land. Its probably a tax dodge for them having her pick the bananas. & Co likes the bananas and I think they look pretty!

Are these the Malawian Cobs? (Malawi is awesome as a place but didn’t smoke any) wrapped in Banana leaves with goat pee on them and stuff orginally?

🤦🏻‍♂️

My desk looks out on 10 of our* banana trees.

Never want for a banana in our house.

Feels like some stitch up. Oh Nick’s got banana leaves to hand. Lets nudge him there. 😂

Can I use Chihuahua pee? I seem to have gained one of them today as & Co stitched me me as well. But looks fun. Malawi is such a nice place too.

🤣

Nick

* our not legally on our land but we have verbal scrumping rights on the bananas, the whole street knows this, while we negotiate over a deal to buy the little 30x60’ plot of land. Its probably a tax dodge for them having her pick the bananas. & Co likes the bananas and I think they look pretty!
Hey there Mate, I reckon you being a fellow Irishman you could use any pee you want. And don’t forget the Shedster says it’s in yer pool. Lmao 😂 CL🍀

Hey there Mate, I reckon you being a fellow Irishman you could use any pee you want. And don’t forget the Shedster says it’s in yer pool. Lmao 😂 CL🍀
The pool water? It passed me by!

😅

Nick (Enjoying Hank Scorpio on Neville’s Haze 🤣)

No, unfortunately not Nick. I only had hybrid buds on hand at the time, but I still wanted to have a go at making some cobs to get the experience so I just used what I had. But you've nailed it, by all accounts Malawi cobs are superb or else cobs made from pure sativas. But I still marvel at how chewing just a little bit of my 2 year old hybrid sourced buds (Godfather OG, Mango Sherbert) can send me on a good long buzz.

I don't know about the goat pee, but I understand that traditionally made cobs in Africa may be buried in a 'poo pile' to utilise the heat, it would be a bit crappy unwrapping them afterwards. However, in saying that, I initially had planned to fit my cobs into a large thermos flask for the initial 24 - 36 hour ferment period, but when I went to do it I realised I couldn't fit them through the neck of the flask (I had made 6 of them with 2oz each). As a plan B, I ended up heating a big pot of water and immersing them in it, then reheating and repeating every couple of hours, which wasn't ideal. Next time I may seriously consider putting them in a plastic bag and burying them in the garden compost bin if I have fresh grass clippings in there as then it gets nicely hot and would be perfect, and like authentic traditional if it wasn't for the vac sealing.

No, unfortunately not Nick. I only had hybrid buds on hand at the time, but I still wanted to have a go at making some cobs to get the experience so I just used what I had. But you've nailed it, by all accounts Malawi cobs are superb or else cobs made from pure sativas. But I still marvel at how chewing just a little bit of my 2 year old hybrid sourced buds (Godfather OG, Mango Sherbert) can send me on a good long buzz.

I don't know about the goat pee, but I understand that traditionally made cobs in Africa may be buried in a 'poo pile' to utilise the heat, it would be a bit crappy unwrapping them afterwards. However, in saying that, I initially had planned to fit my cobs into a large thermos flask for the initial 24 - 36 hour ferment period, but when I went to do it I realised I couldn't fit them through the neck of the flask (I had made 6 of them with 2oz each). As a plan B, I ended up heating a big pot of water and immersing them in it, then reheating and repeating every couple of hours, which wasn't ideal. Next time I may seriously consider putting them in a plastic bag and burying them in the garden compost bin if I have fresh grass clippings in there as then it gets nicely hot and would be perfect, and like authentic traditional if it wasn't for the vac sealing.
I wonder if the yoghurt function on an instant pot is the right temp for that?

Rice cookers are mega cheap here. I was going to buy a nice one for my parents for Christmas and then saw what was $100 in Asia, same model was $400 in the UK. Bought them books instead 🤣

But a cheap bigger one like the one that runs basically 18 hours a day in my house is $25 tops. Less for a smaller one. I’ll take a look a bit more at the process. The engineer guy is starting the butane/oil extraction this week. There’s some bubble being made. Meh, cobs why not!

Nick

I don't know if i can link this but here is some more about the cobs and where you can get the seed for ass kicking cobs > Malawi Cob - traditional fermented cannabis alot of country's they Don't sell to !
Yep I read the same link last night - why I asked about that Malawian style.

Weird I basically backpacked (but we drove a Land Rover) through the whole length of Malawi and stayed in backpackers hostels, got messed up with the locals and the expats for maybe 3 weeks? I don’t remember ever being offered any weed, we were with 20 year old, gap year people and normally you’d think they’s be in to it but nothing. I wasn’t looking but in the circles we were in it would have come up in conversation. Wveryone was mashed on something at every hour of the day 🤣

Nick

I don't know if i can link this but here is some more about the cobs and where you can get the seed for ass kicking cobs > Malawi Cob - traditional fermented cannabis alot of country's they Don't sell to !
Yeah that’s just what I want,Smh my cob pissed n shit on by a goat. That also includes Tom Brady. 🤪 Lmfao Wonder how many will understand the connection? CL🍀

Then you if you can just get Tom Brady to piss n shit on the pile you’ll be set. Lmao 😜 CL🍀

I wonder if the yoghurt function on an instant pot is the right temp for that?
Rice cookers are mega cheap here. I was going to buy a nice one for my parents for Christmas and then saw what was $100 in Asia, same model was $400 in the UK. Bought them books instead 🤣
I imagine either of these could work well. For me, I don't have family 'approval' so using the oven or rice cooker for 24-36 hours is not going to work for me.

Then you if you can just get Tom Brady to piss n shit on the pile you’ll be set. Lmao 😜 CL🍀
I’m more a fan of Gisele, who I understand is a free agent right now

🤕

How did & Co hear me write that 🤣

I imagine either of these could work well. For me, I don't have family 'approval' so using the oven or rice cooker for 24-36 hours is not going to work for me.

Yeah other way here. Its her biz and she’s been using a rice cooker for 30 years plus!

Nick

The instant pot doesn't require a stovetop or oven. You can also use it to infuse oil, decarbing it during the infusion in the pot. Eliminates the smell of decarbing in your oven.
Makes excellent beef ribs too.

Welcome to page 1601 of my perpetual journal! I forgot to note the 1600 milestone yesterday so this will have to do. :)

Here's a Tuesday update with some more prizes from 420mag sponsors, specifically the folks at Left Coast Wholesale who bring you such products as @GeoPot, @GeoFlora Nutrients, Terpinator, and Purpinator.

They combined my MOTY and MOTM prizes and sent me a bunch of 5 gallon GeoPot grow bags with handles:

Along with 8lb bags of GeoFlora Veg and Bloom:

And for some unknown reason, a vinyl banner (about 4' square) for GeoFlora:

which I have no idea what to do with. :hmmmm:

Big :thanks: to the folks over at Left Coast for their long-time and continued sponsorship of the site and contests. They make great products, and now banners it seems!
Im sure you will put it to good use Shed

Back
Top Bottom