JBC Pineapple Chunk - Tangerine Dream - Barneys Farm

Hi 420, just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem I got. My pineapple chunk is really healthy and everything is goin to plan. But at the top of my 4 arms on the PC the very top leaves are curling under like birds claws.

I know with most other plants it is a sign of being rootbound. And seen as the beast is as tall as me at 5ft10 with four big arms but only growing in a 3 gallon bucket.

To me its too small and maybe rootbound. Just wondering if my diagnosis correct and if so if I do it carefully could I repot to a 5 gallon pot at this stage?? As being rootbound in flower is only going to affect my harvest weight.

Or maybe an abundance of N as it quite dark green..HELP PLEASE!

Any help greatly appreciated!!!:peace:

DSC002523.JPG

Hey bro have you taken her out her pot to check her roots? dont be scared only takes a min and its all over. Over feeding nitrogen can can cause the claw so if your experiencing a dark shade of green that doesn’t seem normal this would be my first concern and alteration if roots are not bound.

As your the second stretch on your pineapple it could be from a little stress from were the lights was out, its not a problem having the lights out for that amount of time if its only once, but you have to remember about temperatures getting to low over this time, oh iv had it were my bulb has blown at lights on used to runn them at 9pm - 9am..... AHHHHHHH no weres open at that time, anyways used a few cfl's just to stop the flower hormone and a few heaters intill i could get my hands on a hps.

looking fantastic still keep up the good work!

:goodjob:

I'm not sure whether re-potting and trim the roots would affect your yeild, most likely though. Could just get her out of the 3 gallon and put her straight into a five gallon without cutting any roots. Seems safe to me

Thanks godspeed and Mr.M.
Yeah think I'll get a 5 gallon soon as, got a massive mixing bucket I could use. Not going to cut any roots no need just get some more coco, soil and perlite mixed and throw it in, sort of.
Yeah temps are a bit low at the min, but just thrown another light in there and the dehumidifier warms the place when its on. F in Winter weather!!

I'l get some more pics on tomorrow as things are fattening up.:morenutes:

Wow wow personaly i wouldnt re- pot ... just check the roots to eliminate this as the cause of the claw, in flower roots dont spread much so you want to switch when the pots is nicely rooted this way you get optimum yeild and super dense buds, always pot up in veg and root out so her roots have settled in, 3 gallon pot is about 12 litres , i only every grow my girls in 9 litre pots unless they have excessive vegitation.

Just whip her out to see how the roots look but dont re - pott, its up to you brother but i would not recomend doing it.

:peace::circle-of-love:

Will do mate nice one, whats the best way you reckon, I think if its dry enough it'l lift out with the stalk, or should I get my hands in the side, can't be turnign the beast upside down.

Yeah id do it wile your medium is dryer, grab the bucket either size and pull each hand parallel to each other to try and unstick off the side of the bucket it should then pull out fairly easy dont be to rough, try ligting by the stem and if its dry enough it will just slide straight out.

Day 39 Flower

Watered the pineapple today, just water. The Tangerine didn't need any as it doesn't drink as fast as the pineapple. All is looking good and things have popped now and the buds are taking shape!

Just making sure the room is always warm enough as its really cold at the min. They have both gone really cristaly since the humidity has been dropped. Or they are liking the blue light mixed with the red. Either way they both really happy, an i've never smelt haze that smells as good as the tangerine does at the min, its chronic!!!
DSC002994.JPG
DSC002972.JPG
DSC002941.JPG
DSC002953.JPG
DSC002932.JPG
DSC002922.JPG
DSC002911.JPG
DSC002904.JPG
DSC002895.JPG

Thanks Taylormade, the smell on the tangerine (smaller one on the right) is amazing, really the best smelling haze i've ever had!! Had some G13 a couple of week back and it smells like that but a lot sweeter!

The pineapple comes and goes, but I could smell the cheese on that when it was a seedling so I reckon it will be very cheesy.

Thanks again man, this is the time when yours looked like that I was mega jealous hhaa!! My time has come now lol!!!:cheer::peace:

Nice work so far jbc. Yo are.you counting your days from the switch to 12/12? The actual flower time starts when they start throwing pistils n develop little tiny baby calyxes(pics on day 13 look like day 1 to me)...ijs. Also I see a.couple fan leaves with yellow tips which is a sign they may be at their threshold.of how much nutes they can take

Nice work so far jbc. Yo are.you counting your days from the switch to 12/12? The actual flower time starts when they start throwing pistils n develop little tiny baby calyxes(pics on day 13 look like day 1 to me)...ijs. Also I see a.couple fan leaves with yellow tips which is a sign they may be at their threshold.of how much nutes they can take

Thanks GimmeTheGoods,

The yellowing on the edge of the TD is from an old iron(Fe) deff, don't think them leaves recovered fully. Its looking really good to what it did during the deff.
Yeah it may be day 26 of flower then, looks more like that day to me as the buds aren't big enough for 39days.

Ill count 26 from today then, thanks.

They do look good tho man great job!:high-five: Nothing like smelling some sweet funky dank everyday, except of course smoking said dank:)

They do look good tho man great job!:high-five: Nothing like smelling some sweet funky dank everyday, except of course smoking said dank:)

Thanks Voltron man!
Yeah they looking good now, think the pineaapple is my favorite as i've never had a plant so big, bud if its down to buds its the Tangerine coz it smells peng!!

Massive plants man they look like their going to go through you ceiling anytime. But seriously nice lookin plants im impressed with this one. The color looks great and the trics are frosty. Good job bud

Easy 253Chiefin, Thanks man, yeah liking them both. Its amazing what you can do with the knowledge off 420Magazine. Just got a new camera so should be testing for some better pictures.

Think the stretch has finished on the pineapple finally! The TD is still growing so all is good, thanks for stopping by.:peace:

RUST/ROT ON TANGERINE DREAM. HELP PLEASE.
i have just noticed a small area of rust/ rot orange spots/ smudges!
i removed the effected area which was on one of the very bottom small popcorn buds and surrounding leaves, this particular stem was in a very early stage of flowering. so i thought it best to remove it before it spreads.
I have a "bud rot stop" organic spray, should i use this or does any body have any other tried and tested suggestions please? i have never before had problems with this type of orange rust rot before! i need to stop it now before it contaminates the rest of the plant and also the pineapple chunk as they are in the same room!! please help if you can . thanks

Back
Top Bottom