First Grow - Pineapple Chunk/Tangerine Dream

I sent you a message but I decided to post this here so other's can check this guy out. This guy is a little winded but he brings up a lot of good techniques. His philosophy is to grow fewer plants but bigger to stay under the plant limit. If you can get over him putting down other grow techniques and some of his rambling... there is some good info. He also does a Miracle grow fertilizer comparison, watering straight from tap and some other things that I found interesting.

search:
Training 1+ POUND Cannabis Plants by "HygroHybrid"

Cool I'll have to check that out Scar, Thanks!

Sounds like its gonna be an awesome setup! I love the whole "donations" concept. It reminds me of the women on Craigslist who accept donations or the illegal garage Texas Hold'em Tournaments :D The government is so stupid lol

I have a similar plan of eventually filling a basement. In the meantime ill be taking small donations as well lol. Looking forward to seeing you get all the tents setup. Are you going to piggy back the ventilation on any of them or separate for each?

Yhea the whole donation thing is kinda stupid, but its the way we gotta follow the law around here. Alot of the local dispensary's have "donations" that are way to high. It does not take 260 dollars to grow an ounce of weed when your harvesting pounds.

Not going to hook the vents all up together. My flower tent is going to stay in my garage by itself, and I have a pretty big walk in closet downstairs that I plan to keep my veg and mother tent's in (if they end up fitting) as well as use that room as my drying room. Once I get the tents all set up (when they get here) I'll post up some photos so you can see how I have it all set up.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Happy growing!

Wow, look at you with all your new toys....things look like they are going nicely. :peace:

Thanks Cranky!

Just checked out your grow for the first time but looks very nice backpackin420.:bravo:
I'm keeping my eye on it now, +reps for first grow.
:rollit:

Welcome and thanks for the feedback!

Just thought I would update you guys on my cherry pie clones. I rearranged my closet for now putting the hydro table inside until my tents come. I actually think I am just going to leave it the way it is and hand water them until my harvest is finished before moving the whole thing over into the flower tent. Then I will go about setting the other tents up.

I hooked up my t5 lighting to check it out, I am going to leave it the way it is and wait to use the LED in the tent once that is all set up. The LED was just way to bright and when my closet door was closed it looked like it was a gateway to hell with all the red showing through the cracks.

Rapid Rooter plugs are long as shit! I had to push down on my rock wool to make the hole a little deeper because the plug would not even go halfway in the pre-cut hole. Anyways I got them all situated in their cubes. I have some covers for the top of the cubes coming in the mail, but think I am just going to swing through the hydro store tommarow and pick some up that way I dont have to wait.

20130725_222956.jpg
20130725_223002.jpg

I hooked up my t5 lighting to check it out, I am going to leave it the way it is and wait to use the LED in the tent once that is all set up. The LED was just way to bright and when my closet door was closed it looked like it was a gateway to hell with all the red showing through the cracks.

ROFL :laughtwo::rofl: thanks, I needed a good laugh... seriously, seeing it on journals, it always looks to me like some kind of gateway or weird wormhole behind the door... I can't wait until I see that in my grow area :) Your new setup does look good, I can't wait to see how it goes :Namaste:

Backpackin, as I learned the other day, you might want to bring your T-5's down closer to the plant, 3-6 inches away, so they get the full effect of the light.

That made me laugh so hard for some reason...Been enjoying some nice bud tonight....I needed that..thanks..
your grow area looks so modern and sophisticated...so cool...
:peace:

Thanks Cranky!

ROFL :laughtwo::rofl: thanks, I needed a good laugh... seriously, seeing it on journals, it always looks to me like some kind of gateway or weird wormhole behind the door... I can't wait until I see that in my grow area :) Your new setup does look good, I can't wait to see how it goes :Namaste:

Thanks Rune!

Backpackin, as I learned the other day, you might want to bring your T-5's down closer to the plant, 3-6 inches away, so they get the full effect of the light.

They are at about 6 inches away right now, its just hard to tell from the photo. That t5 is giving me some heat issues, temp is at around 85. It's not that big of a deal for me and I am sure the plants will veg fine.

Dharma did you t'5 heat up your tent at all?

Yes it does a little, when temps here got in the high 70's to 80 degrees F. The tent was at about 79-80 degrees with the fan. I am also right next to the water heater. As winter comes though, I will have my 42watt CFL's and that will keep it at about the same temps.

Man Backpackin, I havent checked in on you in a while and you have expanded quite a bit since I last looked lol. Your Tangerine's look awesome my friend. I just put 3 Tangerines into flower a few weeks ago and yours look the same as mine. Yours are super healthy, I wouldnt change a thing. Good to see another fellow Washington grower.

I bet those cherry pie turn out bad ass. I am definitely curious with your hydro adventures. Good job, man!!

Man Backpackin, I havent checked in on you in a while and you have expanded quite a bit since I last looked lol. Your Tangerine's look awesome my friend. I just put 3 Tangerines into flower a few weeks ago and yours look the same as mine. Yours are super healthy, I wouldnt change a thing. Good to see another fellow Washington grower.

I bet those cherry pie turn out bad ass. I am definitely curious with your hydro adventures. Good job, man!!

Thanks alot man! I am interested to see how the Tangerines turn out because they smell incredibly sweet right now.

Was doing some normal maintenance in the flower tent like trimming off damaged leaves etc.. Soil was looking really dry so I mixed up my nutes and gave them a drink :morenutes:. Anyways I have a quick question, the majority of my nutes are organic based besides a few that I have in my mix. I busted out my fancy meter and decided to check the PPM on my nute solution after it is all mixed up. 1800ppm !!! I know this is kind of high, but how do you gauge this correctly when using a majority of organic based nutes. My plants have absolutely no signs of nute burn or stunted grown and I cant remember if I read somewhere that you cannot go by PPM's when using organic based fertilizers.

I have been following Botanicares feeding schedule for their nutes, but I have substituted for a couple of their products; for example, Big Bud instead of hydroplex, Bud Candy instead of their Molasses crap also have been using Roots excelurator. I am stopping big bud at week 6 and this was the last feeding with roots excelurator, so I am sure my PPMs will drop a bit. Also I am using Tap water that comes standard with 170PPM to begin with, so its about 1625ppm of nutes.

Just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone has any feedback about this?

Thanks guys! Happy Growin!

Was doing some normal maintenance in the flower tent like trimming off damaged leaves etc.. Soil was looking really dry so I mixed up my nutes and gave them a drink :morenutes:. Anyways I have a quick question, the majority of my nutes are organic based besides a few that I have in my mix. I busted out my fancy meter and decided to check the PPM on my nute solution after it is all mixed up. 1800ppm !!! I know this is kind of high, but how do you gauge this correctly when using a majority of organic based nutes. My plants have absolutely no signs of nute burn or stunted grown and I cant remember if I read somewhere that you cannot go by PPM's when using organic based fertilizers.

I have been following Botanicares feeding schedule for their nutes, but I have substituted for a couple of their products; for example, Big Bud instead of hydroplex, Bud Candy instead of their Molasses crap also have been using Roots excelurator. I am stopping big bud at week 6 and this was the last feeding with roots excelurator, so I am sure my PPMs will drop a bit. Also I am using Tap water that comes standard with 170PPM to begin with, so its about 1625ppm of nutes.

Just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone has any feedback about this?

Thanks guys! Happy Growin!

I am using general organics full bio line with the exception of the bio marine.I also used mollasas I tested my runoff at over 3000ppm the mollasas has never burned my plants at a rate of 1-2 tablespoons per gallon, I've noticed it can really raise the ppm very high if your using it at all. And with the organic nutrients I'm not sure if I can rely on a tds meter anyway my thoughts are that because they are going off of the electrical conductivity or ec some organics compounds do not conduct electricity and so the meter isn't picking it up. I've been pushing all my plants as far as I could with this line and only burnt my purple cheese. I've found these nutes to be pretty forgiving. And the plant I read over 3000 ppm is my largest yielding and healthiest wit. The strongest aroma. Just slowly increase feed until you see the results you want. Just make sure you have a very healthy myco population in the root zone they help regulate EVERYTHING pretty much. That's why organics is the shit imho

I am using general organics full bio line with the exception of the bio marine.I also used mollasas I tested my runoff at over 3000ppm the mollasas has never burned my plants at a rate of 1-2 tablespoons per gallon, I've noticed it can really raise the ppm very high if your using it at all. And with the organic nutrients I'm not sure if I can rely on a tds meter anyway my thoughts are that because they are going off of the electrical conductivity or ec some organics compounds do not conduct electricity and so the meter isn't picking it up. I've been pushing all my plants as far as I could with this line and only burnt my purple cheese. I've found these nutes to be pretty forgiving. And the plant I read over 3000 ppm is my largest yielding and healthiest wit. The strongest aroma. Just slowly increase feed until you see the results you want. Just make sure you have a very healthy myco population in the root zone they help regulate EVERYTHING pretty much. That's why organics is the shit imho

Thanks for the feedback! That is interesting to know. I'm just gonna continue to do what I do unless my plants show me otherwise. BTW my nugs are starting to get really frosty and putting on some size as well. Ill upload some more pics here soon maby tommarow!

Update: 31 days flower. Pineapples were having some type of nute deficiency, so I chalked it up as nute lockout and went ahead and flushed the plants yesterday then re watered with a 1/2 strength nute solution. Other then that the buds are packing on weight/smell/stickiness relatively quick.

My clones are also starting to explode pretty fast oh and BTW I have mites NOOOOOOO!!! They must have came from those damn clones that I bought. Nothing to serious as of right now but I went ahead and applied a good spraying of Spinosad to all my plants and will keep an eye on them.

20130801_092208.jpg
20130801_091253.jpg
20130801_091239.jpg
20130801_091233.jpg
20130801_091229.jpg
20130801_091223.jpg
20130801_091217_-_Copy.jpg
20130801_091217.jpg

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies313.jpg

I just realized that this doesn't have calcium deficiency on this chart
But there some calcium issues I see from some leaf structure. A table spoon of dolomite in a gallon of water mixed well would improve it quickly or do a flush with a table spoon of Dolomite Lime mixed well throughout the top 2 inches of soil. I was in heaven when I discovered Dolomite lol provides good safe magnesium*** and calcium

Back
Top Bottom