Pineapple Chunk - Bag Seed Grow

Re: Barneys Farm - Pineapple Chunk - Bag Seed Grow

yeah man they looking good, but likt gimmiethegoods said, re-pot, today! They drooping leaves will be from being root bound. They will shoot up when you re-pot.

Pineapple chunk is chronz mate!!! Ive just finished mine, the plant ended up stressed at the end and bit stretched buds, but it is absolute chronic!! Really fruity and mega strong!!

Lower light to 24” above.canopy asap also. the ones in the 4 corners of last pic GOTTA be root bound! Also those same four should be ok with 5ml of whatever ur feeding if 5ml is the reg. recommended dose.

nah at this stage recommended is 15 ml per gal. but i went half strength and they seem to be loving it.

no way! lol, there not even close to root bound. you dont need to trans plant until you got root tips barely showing out sring holes.. I got made drain holes and not a single root tip. there good! I've seen a few people have little 8" tall bean stalks in dixie cups.. they still got some time, but you are right its getting close to that time =) YEAH BUDDY, haha I love it!! the beginning of a beautiful life cycle has begun.. these ladies should make fine mothers..

Yeah light was moved down today and i finally have the power all the up to 600 watt now, it was 400 in the last pics, before that 300, i wanted to fully acclimate the plants to the 600 watts before I dropped it, I'll let you guys know whats good in the am when I get home from work.

Dont worry guys I plan on transplanting ASAP, but honestly ive checked the roots on the larger b.s. (biggest plant out of all 5) and it wasnt even close to root bound. were good ;)

@JBC420 I'll have to hit up your journal to get some tips, its always nice seeing a strain grown before you grow it yourself. how ong did your plant take to ripen off?

@cross1420 yeah they are still coming back from nutrient shock also, but there headed on the right path. I appreciate you guys stopping in and keeping this shit in check haha, sometime we just need that outside perspective to help us see whats in front of our noses.

I'll def be keeping you guys posted, if plants look better in am from more nutes/ more light, I'll hit you guys up!

Honestly been throwing around the idea of posting video updates, just seems easier then fucking with all those pics and shit.. idk yet, still not sure how I feel about youtube. Allot of great content but just seems like allot of exposure.

p.s. Its time to purchase a new HPS bulb, this one is on its third grow.. anyone know where to purchase digilux HO for a good price online?? anyone?, anyone?, bueller?

Thought I would stop in and have a look. Honestly, I thought they were root bound too..lol..but if you say they're not then they're not. I am on the outside looking in. I never had pineapple chunk but I hear mad raves about it. I'll put that on my wish list for the future.

Hey queentoke =),
yeah the plants themselves look stout, but I checked the root zone on my largest plant and they arent root bound, they doo have nice root structure bot not bound by any means, plenty of soil left to pay in haha.. I do plan on transplanting soon though! just getting my ducks in a line.. or more or less getting my founds to pick up the right supplys.

yeah man they looking good, but likt gimmiethegoods said, re-pot, today! They drooping leaves will be from being root bound. They will shoot up when you re-pot.

Pineapple chunk is chronz mate!!! Ive just finished mine, the plant ended up stressed at the end and bit stretched buds, but it is absolute chronic!! Really fruity and mega strong!!

I havr an opinion to throw in on that..even though its never too early to transplant, i dont think amd truely doubt their root bound just yet. The collective gardens around here sell up to 16" clones in party cups(first page of my afgooey grow has a pic of the clones i moved) those 14"&16" clone were taken from similar party cups and were in complete health and wernt root bound and were a bit bigger than yours.

I mean i guess they could be root bound but id put my money on p.h. when my plants ph got too high they looked just like yours do now. I mean hell root rot is always an option too.

Oh man sorry. I should have read more before posting. I saw your pics then saw a few comments about root bound and started typing lol. Okbat least your getting things narrowed down bud. Good luck i hope you can bring them up to speed man.

hey chiefin!

Yeah man, I think it really all just boils done to getting everything dialed in... I went allot slower then usual with acclimating my plants to the HPS, and I think i babied them a little too much. but the hight of light has been corrected.

plant is already bouncing back from the over fert. (burnt leaves) now plant was showing lazy leaves that i feel will be corrected from the light issue.

I think the slight yellowing of leaves is just the nitrogen def which was caused from me feeding nothing but water for so long. I wanted to make sure that the soil was completely flushed before i started feeding them again.

last thing i wanted was to assume it was a def when it was actually a lock out (which might have been the case, not sure but better safe then sorry)

Ill be able to give you guys an update later today.

like i said they got there first dose of nutes in a while yesterday, light level was fixed yesterday, temps have always been good, PH has always been kept in check, I was going full strength when i fed originally and plants didnt like that because they already had fertz from happy frog soil + earth worm castings haha.. yeah my fault 100%! but im new to soil so im still learning haha..

a part of me still wants to use DWC because I love it! but I really really want organics!!

supposedly there is a newish "Organic" product that is made to be used in hydro systems. DWC, DRIP, FLOOD N DRAIN, AEROPONICS.. because they found organics that were water soluble. this never worked in the past because most organic compounds aren't soluble.

Im def gonna test this stuff on one of my future grows! I'm just hoping its a grow sooner then later.

thanks for stopping in! hopefully ill have more pics for you guys soon, I know thats why I spend hours in these forums, the bud pron, grow rm pron and any and all knowledge I can soak up =)

piece out family!

Yeh man pre prodigy, its an amazing nice strain. Yeh lol I wouldn't go by my current journal on the pineapple to much as I over fed and has in a cold environment so was hard to pull through on over feed in that environment. Just DON'T OVERFEED, they don't need all this extra super foods that the shops say you need. Or even the dose they state. Giving them loads of food doesn't make them bigger, better environment and care does.

Well my gf got a clone of my pineapple now to re do, hope your and mine work good. But one thing, however it goes the weed is SICK!!

Whats going on guys, I just got home from work and checked in on the ladies, they are looking allot perkier today then two days ago, still slightly yellow but that usually takes a few days to correct itself once issues are corrected. I plan on hitting up a grow shop thats prob an hr drive to get some 1 gal smart pots for these mothers to live in, was going to order to save money but seeing in how things are the way they are I dont think im going to push it, plants would prob be allot happier with some more rm to stretch anyways. I'm going to invest in some more bennys and some other shit im running out of. my next big purchase is going to be an R.O machine.

I plan on looking more into that shit today, any of you guys currently runing one?

if so, what brand, make and model? any comments on it so far, how long have you owned, where did you buy, and how much did it run you?

I'll be sure to post more pics when i get that new shit hopefully tomorrow.

Personaly people swear by them...me i used plain old dirty city water wich ppm at about 300 and ph the water from 8 to correct level, i swear my garden is green all the time just stay away from calmag cause it seems to lock mg when using such water

For seedlings like yours i like to make a small 1 gal jug of seperate soup that it let sit first 24h and the ppm lower to about 30-40.... At this age i dont feed at all also i wait for deficiencies but thats just me, your thing is green so you may not listen to me buddy!:goodjob:

The strain looks badass! Threat it right for me! Ill be watchin you not from far!

Transplant is done! =) and benny brew is a brewing, shit smells like a wet dog!!

recipie for the benny brew ill be using is:

5 gal water (preferably R.O)

3 teaspoons: Roots organics, Organism XL

10 ml: Hydro Dynamics Int., Nitrozime

10 ml: Wholesome Sweetners, Organic Molasses

10 ml: Hygrozyme

3-4 tablespoons: Advanced Nutrients, Carbo Load (powder form)

brew that for 24-48 hr and serve with tiny umbrella ;)

I took a couple pics during the transplant, but lights ended up shutting off just as i was finishing up, so i will be taking some more pics either tonight or tomorrow and then uploading them for you all.

plants are showing lots of new growth, some of older leaves still have slight burning but that still from before.

I will be feeding them all with the benny brew tomorrow and then from there out will be fresh PH'd water until I notice plants need more food.

for transplant I used roots organics root pots (same as air pots just a little cheaper), also used the same happy frog/ warm casting mix, this time I just went a little easier on the earth worm castings.
I also added some organism xl to the root zone when i transplanted to help in the transition to there new homes.

Roots were perfect for a transplant, all roots were visible but hadn't started to circle the cup at all so they were prime for some new pots..

Thanks for the push Gimmie! ;) I was trying to find the best deal online for material that I guess I was pushing it a little close to the edge. but no harm no foul. the issue with plants was most likely a cal mag deff. I gave them a shot of that yesterday morning and by the time i got home they had looked WAY better then when i had left in the morning. thats when i noticed the new growth.

Hope everything is going well for you all and your grows! =)

cant wait to get these mothers pumping out some clones! I wanna get my cycles going

bennys a brewin
20 mins out:
IMG_20897.JPG

Sweet nice start, going to be around for the show.:popcorn: The diesel clones i picked up were twice the size and had about a third of the soil you have in your cups. They were root bound and showing sign's of unhappiness but bounced back real fast once re potted. What's the plan, for more monsters or are you going to load your closet with clones for faster turn around?

Hey white house! whats good my brotha?!!

Yeah my little ladies have had a rough start but seem to be bouncing back like you said, I was running late tonight so i never got them pics yet. tomorrows another day though ;)

Yeah idk yet, thats where im still scratching my head, I want to grow some burly bushes hahaha, I love monster plants!

but at the same time, I was thinking about setting up a veg tent so i can veg and flower at the same time.

Id have 18 plants in the flower rm at a time (small of course) prob use some of the tricks Mr. Krip used on his 2L hempy sog grow. all top colas no side branching, pulled about a zip per plant.

out of those 18 I would harvest 6 per month, so i'd have 6 fresh veglings going into veg and 6 veggies going from veg to flower every month. 6 ozs a month isnt bad... although if we were talking my future dreams and aspirations =)
I would have an entire rm dedicated to flower and one dedicated to veg, still with only 18 plants in flower at a time, still only 6 plants harvested a month, but only this time each plant would be closer to my last harvest.. that would be my dream! =)

one of these days.. one of these days,....

fuck bro, im even thinking about picking up a 4X4 for flower, using my 2X4 for veg tat way i can havest 12 plants a month and be growing 36 plants in flower at a time, then every month id have 12 new plants going from clone to veg and from veg to flower and from flower to harvest.. which dosent sound too bad, id still be able to get from 6-12 oz's a month.

what do you guys think??

How should I play out this next grow? I will have 2 strains: bag seed + pinneapple chunk.
might have a few of ech pheno though, so idk know yet, then again i might end up with just one strong mother from all five plants.. just never know lol..

Im hoping for at least 3 strong mother plants to be able to clip my clone from.

Back
Top Bottom