Pineapple Chunk - Bag Seed Grow

Thanks cross 1420! Ima have to check that out, sorry for late response, i haven't been on the forum for a while. Been really busy. You are absolutley right. The mix I used was made for clone transplants not seedlings. This info wasnt revealed by kohma till after the fact. It's my mistake and one ive learned from.
Plant are doing better now. Didnt plan on keeping them that's why I started new batch, but them seem to be doing much better now.
If I ever get the free time ill post up some pics. Hope all is going well with your grows.

I hate to be the bearrer of bad news, but this thread is dead. too much going on these last two months that my babies took an un reversible beating.. its sad but true.

However on a good note, I will be starting a new grow soon enough, and after that will most likely follow a journal haha

sorry guys! i know i really let them ladies down and in doing so let my self and all of you down. so sorry friends, ill try better next time =)

Thanks oldmedman! i appreciate it =) it def suck to see your ladies suffering like that. just glad that the cannabis plant is bountiful across the lands hahaha well that and i got some seeds from that last harvest cause she hermed. not exactly a trait you want to continue growing but fuck if it wasnt some damn good smoke. just wish i had grow a sativa strain with it so i could make salad joint, mix some of this herb with some of that green roll this bitch up and :ganjamon: this shit puts my ass to sleep. haha.

I see your new grow is kickin some ass! those girls are looking happy in tent you set up there! cant wait to see some of them pre flowers =)

Whats this, an update??
Get the fuck outta here haha.... no now i wont be doing that, but i am serious. check this out. after doing a bunch of research ive found that i was actually able to succesfully bonsai one of those older root bound pineapple chunks from back in JANUARY!! yeah no joke.

what happened was I had gotten caught up with life and kinda lost track of the ladys which was extremely unfortunate. it came down to me comming home and finding all but one of my plants hunched over 3/4's lifeless from dehydration.

well since that happened i just dumped the scragglers and decided to transplant the one semi survivor (wish i too pics but i didnt)

I used 5 gal bucket of water at 68 deg. F. to completley rinse all the dirt away from the root zone, this took me about 35 mins because the roots were so fine and tangled up.

I ended up removing a good 25% of the root mass, then transplanted it into a 6" netpot lid for a 5 gal bucket and hygrotone. i set up a deep water culture set up with 1/2 strength nutes and had the water only reaching 1/3 the way up the total root mass burried in net pot.

I used a single micropore air stone to aerate the 2al. reservoir, giving it planty of oxegen to the root zone. The plant didnt wilt or grow anywhere for about 1 1/2 weeks, were i was about to say screw it and choper her down for good, then all of a sudden all the dark leathery looking leaves at the very tip of the terminal branches started to show some light green growth again. 3 days later i see tiny little roots poking there way past the bottom of the net pot.

from here i waited one more week, by this point have about 15 3" feeler roots poking out the bottom of pot i ripped them all off flush with the net pot. the next day there were 7 more 2" feeler roots sticking out other then the ones i had hacked. i hacked those off. the next day the first set i had hacked now have lateral branching that makes it look like a centaped and i have a few more NEW feeler roots,hat i chopped em flush. next few days those roots exploded! top growth was quick. at this point i let it grow out for the rest of the week at which phade a nice full covered bottom of my net pot with centepide roots tha5 inches long. i chopped 2 inches off all of them and now but today i have a nice thick set of roots growing 8" past the bottom of net pot and the top growth is finally filling in nicley.

from what i read barneys farm "pineapple chunk" is a nice 2 to 3X stretch once into flower. so mn is to let this lady grow out for the rest of this month and then prob switch over on may 1st or 8th depending on how i feel, my plan is to then tak a cupple clones for later and try to manipulate this tubby into another good producer.

oh yeah i also set a new veg tent and bought a nice big 600w digilux HPS, its almost twice the size of my 600w hortillux bulb (which did awesome by the way for not being digital ballast compatible.)

ok enough of me gabbing like a woman lets get to the god damn good! =)

IMG_22637.JPG
IMG_22606.JPG
IMG_22574.JPG
IMG_22565.JPG
IMG_22554.JPG
IMG_22546.JPG
IMG_22536.JPG
IMG_22526.JPG
IMG_22516.JPG
IMG_22505.JPG

new veg tent
IMG_22485.JPG
IMG_22477.JPG
IMG_22446.JPG
IMG_22467.JPG
IMG_22426.JPG
IMG_22416.JPG

oh yeah those littles you see in the veg tent, the one in the net pot is another blueberry dutch passion. and the rockwools are bag seed germination tests for rockwool nutrient soaking.

hope you guys enjoy. thank you for stopping by.

Are those the actinic blue aquarium bulbs?

no that is actually a sunblaze 28 (2' 8 bulb) and the bulbs are Spectrallux 2' HO T5 24 Watt 6500K along with 2- 2' HO T5 24 Watt 2500K.
I added the two warmer bulbs to try and get a fuller spectrum out of my T5 setup.

Beautiful plant and great roots on there :) That plant is going to be huge when you finish the stretch! Subbed till the end!
Thank you teSmp, I appreciate it. Yeah I almost threw her out with the trash, and then as if by a miracle she woke back up and fought for life, now she's loving it! =)
cant wait to see what she produces. im focusing my efforts as scroging the fuck outta her and push her as hard as i can. we'll see how it turns out though. thanks for stopping in! ;)

Yes preprodigy,
Thought they died. Good job man. Thats looking very similar to GreenFluer's Pineapple Chunk. Nice Bonsai bro +Rep for keeping they bitch going!

@JBC420 thank you man, I wasnt quite sure she was going to make it for a while there. all i could do was keep my fingers crossed and i guess it payed off =) I appreciate the +Rep, thank you ;)

wow, congratulations on having one pull through for you with a bunch of well thought out work. I can't wait to see what that girl looks like in a couple of months

thanks granithead! you and me both! im seriously stoked she is growing like wild fire now, gonna wait a few weeks before the switch, i want a P.C. Monster ;)

update, update, update, update, lol, here is just another day in the life of the P.C. B.B. and the B.S.
all stil in veg and enjoying life.

IMG_22645.JPG
IMG_22657.JPG
IMG_22675.JPG
IMG_22688.JPG
IMG_22697.JPG
IMG_22705.JPG
IMG_22714.JPG
IMG_22794.JPG
IMG_22803.JPG
IMG_22816.JPG
IMG_22785.JPG
IMG_22766.JPG
IMG_22757.JPG
IMG_22726.JPG
IMG_22737.JPG
IMG_22748.JPG

that bonsai mom is amazing. so many tops dude. are you flowering her out or is that remaining a mother (i haven't read the forum just like the pics)

that bonsai mom is amazing. so many tops dude. are you flowering her out or is that remaining a mother (i haven't read the forum just like the pics)

nope she has never been a mother, well not yet anyways, i do plan on taking a couple of clippings before i flip her over to flower, but this whole time she has just been growing for the purpose of flowering her out, i want to COMPLETLEY fill my 2' X 4' X 7' tent. my last grow i filled in the tent width and length wise, but i never really got very tall with the plant. but since this strain doubles even tripples it height durring the transition, I think i will be able to fill both length, width AND height this time around.

so plant= 4' wide, 2' deep and roughly 3-4' tall is my end goal.

i'll prob flip her over to flower in a few weeks, wanna give the roots time to really put on some weight before i do the flippy flop on the light cycle ;)

thnks for the kind words thinkerr

Back
Top Bottom