JBC Pineapple Chunk - Tangerine Dream - Barneys Farm

Yeah done a bit of reading and think your right godspeed, sounds spot on. Apparently that AN sensi bloom lacks iron (Fe)!! wrong thing to buy, needed a bloom anyway so its cool.

As I just gave her a feed of sensi bloom i will leave it for 3 days let the medium run dry again and put it back on coco a+b which has Fe in it.

Thanks godspeed.

Hey bro if you are using dolmite lime you shouldnt need cal/mag, dolmite lime is a natural buffer thats based on calcium and magnesium, to me it sort of looks like an iron deficiency i once had, can you get a PH reading of your runn off?

Iron huh??? I have the same issues on the top of my GDP right now...

JBC, do you have leaves on the bottom of the plant that are turning yellow then to a white color as well??? any purple stems??? I read that Magnesium is the cause of that purple stemming... I have that issue with my Afgoo right now... 2 plants 2 sets of problems!!!

Leaves for the most part look lush, are you noticing more yellowing towards the top middle bottom? It dosent seem to have burned your plants if it is a lockout or over dosed, my genereal rule of thumb is a good flush at the first sign of trouble or usually once a month if not for good measure..

As GodSpeed said dolomite is your friend, dig up a little dirt and re-sprinkle if you havent already then water..

Im thinking your yellowing and canoeing could be from a tall plant not receiving enough usable light? Although I have only gotten a chance to skim through your grow.

Have you taken any measures thus far to diagnose and solve the issue?

Iron huh??? I have the same issues on the top of my GDP right now...

JBC, do you have leaves on the bottom of the plant that are turning yellow then to a white color as well??? any purple stems??? I read that Magnesium is the cause of that purple stemming... I have that issue with my Afgoo right now... 2 plants 2 sets of problems!!!

Easy Astonr. Don't think it's a cal/mag on the tall Pineapple as I have lime in my mix and everything is looking awsome with that plant. Its the small bushy TD thats the problem, no purple stems at all on it. The yellowing is from the top and affects new growth so head straight to the iron and zincs, but think it is iron.

Hi GhettyGreen , thanks for help man. The problem like I say is at the top of the plant not middle or bottom, Think godspeeds diagnisis with iron is spot on after a bit more reading, plus he's had the same problem himself. On sorting it, I dont need Lime as my mix already has enough lime in it and cal/mag is not the problem. The problem is I think I gave it the same amount of water as the Pineapple one time and as the pineapple can drink her head off and the TD can't the TD was stood in water with no nutes for 2-3 days, I couldn't get there to check on them. So I came back and this had happened so I gave it a small water with some canna coco a+b nutes which has seemed to help in the last 3 days.

But until last night was thinking cal/mag which is wrong so went and bought sensi bloom which apparently has no iron in it!! So I'll give that to the pineapple for now and keep on the coco a+b for the TD which seems to be helping.

Thanks for everyone's help, its a lot easier when you got people who have experienced the same as you are, thanks!!:thumb:

whats good JBC!!!

Hey man, I have the problems that I described, you think you can click on over to my journal and take a look, let me know what you think about my issues!!?? would greatly appreciate it!!! im not getting as much feedback as I would like to have..

:peacetwo: brotha

Day 21 Flowring

Today I layered the back wall with some mylar sort of stuff out of some roof insulation. Its really tough reflective stuff made for keeping heat. so both facing walls are fully reflective. I have had to flush both through with pH'd water as the pH had risen to nearly 7! The TD is finally pulling through which i'm happy about. will be able to feed as normal again in 2-3 days. The PC will have a feed of senso bloom with ionic boost, while the TD will have a feed of coco a+b for iron(Fe).
DSC002227.JPG
DSC002214.JPG
DSC002205.JPG
DSC002168.JPG
DSC002177.JPG

As you can see on the PC the leaves have clawed a bit due to over feeding without any clean water feeds for a few feeds, the flush should put it back on track. I also had a power out for 12hr a week ago so that may of stressed them a bit. All seems to be back on track now for flowering. Happy Christmas!!:peace:

Hey JBC gils are looking stella there, the lights out shouldnt of done to much damage well not as much as it would of if your girls were in veg.

Happy new year dont get to wasted!

:peace:

Happy new year to you too an :420: hope everyone got mashed!

Day 27 Flowering

Here are the girls day 27, they are doing ok, the Tangerine has pulled through after the flush then feeding with coco a+b nutes, she has started stretching again finally, which I need. I don't think it'l do too much stretching though now as its starting to flatten around the top buds.
DSC002246.JPG
DSC002253.JPG

As you can see it has nice formed buds now.
The Pineapple doesn't seem to like that Advanced Nutes Sensi Bloom, as I have started to feed that the top leaves are cupping like bird claws, which I read may be a pH fluctuation in the medium. There shouldn't be as the food claims to be pH perfect. Or maybe the plant is getting too big for a 3 gallon pot and needed a 5 gallon.
DSC002273.JPG
DSC002262.JPG

That bud picture is a small lower bud of the Pineapple, the top is where the leaves are cupping, think I'l have to give it plain water next time, not to sure if it like sensi bloom too much. Or has anyone else got any input, as I want it to be growing at it best during flower.:Namaste:

Cheers TaylorMade, bet your in a world of bud at the min, lucky bas***d!lol!

Here a little touched up close up of the revived Tangerine bud after a iron(Fe) deff.
DSC002247.JPG

x hey GreenF, Thanks. Yeah this is the exciting part now!! It just never seems fast enough though, and these are long flowers, but will produce a nice amount i hope x

That Tangerine Dream is coming along nice, JBC420. I was wondering why my grows were harvesting out early and read in one of the grow bibles that lengthened dark periods (11/13, 10/14, etc.) shorten the flowering cycle. Mine might bud out a little earlier than the 10 weeks because of that. Hope I don't lose yield..... :yikes:

Well don't go off time then, if your doing a 11/13 or something thats cool, but still crop when its ready, not when the time says. I don't know off experiance but I reckon the TD will take 10-12 rather than 10 as Nevilles haze is nearly a pure haze. We'l see.:peace:

Looks good JBC! Just stopped on by for a quick peek.
That pineapple looks like it's going to have a nice blanket of trichomes all over it.

How much did you pay for the 250w? I have the same light setup but mine came with a cool spectrum. I wanted the warm spectrum because it will only be used for flowering as of now. Just curious..

Looks good JBC! Just stopped on by for a quick peek.
That pineapple looks like it's going to have a nice blanket of trichomes all over it.

How much did you pay for the 250w? I have the same light setup but mine came with a cool spectrum. I wanted the warm spectrum because it will only be used for flowering as of now. Just curious..

Easy Mr.M,
Dependant of where your from, but them lights are like £25 on e-bay £40 in grow shops! Maybe same ish on American soil not too sure. Yeah I think they work great if your only growing 1 or 2 personal plants. Ive had good results a few times off them. Bud that is just as good if not better sometimes than my friends that use HID lamps.
Well flowering time anyway Mr M stay posted for the snow fall on the girls things moving fast now after feeding with Advanced Nutes Sensi Bloom and Ionic Boost! Thanks for stopping by.:Namaste:

Looking real good man! I have smoked some tangerine I picked up from a dispensary near me and it was killer. I don't know if it was TD or just Tangerine but even if it was just tangerine theres gotta be some resemblance with TD. Looking good though keep it up, can't wait to see what kind of yield you get with the CFL's.

I will for sure be sticking around to see what the outcome is. I have only used CFLs but the buds I managed to squeeze out were all super dense and danky. Once I get my little box going, which I've situated with the 200w version of your light, I'll get some new flowers blooming. Not too sure about using the cool spectrum buut we'll see. I've heard of people preferring to flower with MH lights so I'm hoping it'll turn out good.

How tall is your Pineapple? I'd expect there to be quite a few bud sites going on that fine lady. Although it looks pretty dark towards the bottom

The cheapest I can find the light for online is $60. Plus shipping. Being located in Alaska definitely has it's perks, but shipping costs are not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom