Jon's ViparSpectra KS3000 Grow In A 3x3

Looking Great man. I just replaced an hid with the ks3000..hope it works as well for me. My tent is suffering right now but hope to recover soon.

PXL_20230124_175034750.jpg
It's worth it in my opinion. The savings alone. You could practically upgrade yearly with the savings.

Looking Great man. I just replaced an hid with the ks3000..hope it works as well for me. My tent is suffering right now but hope to recover soon.

PXL_20230124_175034750.jpg
Nice! You might want to consider removing that driver and placing it outside the tent. Not only will it help a ton with heat management, it also makes it way easier to reach and work the dimmer. For what it’s worth!

Nice! You might want to consider removing that driver and placing it outside the tent. Not only will it help a ton with heat management, it also makes it way easier to reach and work the dimmer. For what it’s worth!
Does your driver get hot? My ks 2500 barely get hot. Averages like 80f

Does your driver get hot? My ks 2500 barely get hot. Averages like 80f
Imho, yes, the driver is hotter than I generally accept inside the tent. My huge beast in the 5x5 puts off less heat.

Yeah, but you're in sunny, hot Florida. You operate under different rules than many of the rest of us.
Been there dealt with that heat. Led drivers dissipate heat much faster and efficiently in my opinion. I wonder if operating at 240v how hot the driver's get. Maybe they run more evident and cool.

Thanks man, Im leaving it in there cause my space isn't completely climate controlled. Attic room with register but no return. Keeps Virginia cold at bay this time of year in that space.

Thanks man, Im leaving it in there cause my space isn't completely climate controlled. Attic room with register but no return. Keeps Virginia cold at bay this time of year in that space.
Thanks, just curious. Obviously you don’t need me to point out the obvious!

That's crazy. Even for Florida.

My big light in my 5x5 is steady 102, but on hot days 110

I had one last year running at 165
My big light uses the most high end LEDs, ie, the most efficient, and a high end driver, and they run and the driver runs much cooler. Hey it’s all personal choice. Lots of people benefit from a warm driver. I’m not putting anything down.

My big light uses the most high end LEDs, ie, the most efficient, and a high end driver, and they run and the driver runs much cooler. Hey it’s all personal choice. Lots of people benefit from a warm driver. I’m not putting anything down.
I’m also a spoiled jerk who thinks every light puts off too much heat. Lmao!

Right on! No. I know I totally understand. I just like to hear the input from others using similar products

You’re in the Burgh @Tokin Roll? That’s my second home! I lived there for a number of years. Worked at Hemingway’s, next to the O in Oakland. I definitely will look you up when I get up there.
cool, i used to hang out in EastLiberty, got family in Mt.Washington and MorningSide.

Strawberry Haze
Flower Day 35

In theory we are halfway home today. Stats say 10 weeks. A couple words….

- Arjan’s genetics are incredible. I will be trying more of his seeds for sure.
- I believe this plant is robust enough that in coco, you could likely fill a 5x5 with one canopy inside of 60 days. @Prescription Blend nutes agree with her very much, as does the @ViparSpectra KS3000.
- the KS3000 is turning out to be as good in flower as it is in veg. Very even flowering. Everything turning color very consistently across the board. Buds that started at the same place grew at the same rate. And most importantly, zero heat issues even way up close. More on this in the photos verbiage.

It’s turned out to be a sweet as hell plant. Not sure what each individual cola will end up amounting to obviously, but there sure are a lot of them. Heh. Finally I’ve found a way to do a scrog that I can actually work properly.

Photos:

1. Hers as much of all of her as I can get from overhead.

2. Here’s a side shot and some buds.

3. Here’s our proximity to the KS3000. Specs suggest that the sweet spot is 12”. I’ve already learned that by externalizing the driver you can eliminate any heat concerns, and you’d have to be right on the light to burn them. So you can go close to this light. At this distance I’m averaging about 1050-1100 ppfd across the canopy.

4. To support the above point, here are closeups of the two tops that are closest to the light and also most central. Note that they continue to reach straight for the sky, no curling, no burning, color coming in properly. In other words, zero burning, issue or foxtailing from heat or ppfd.

Jon is very happy with this one. Especially given the amount of work and effort that’s gone into it.

Back
Top Bottom