Jon's ViparSpectra KS3000 Grow In A 3x3

Now that it’s filling in and I see it more clearly, I might up my grade a little bit, maybe as high as a straight B!

Remind me to not take your class. You're one of those professors that grade tough.

SH

At this distance to the @ViparSpectra KS3000, about a foot away, our ppfd measures between 950-1000 ppfd. That’s fine and guaranteed to not cause issues. That said, normally I’d be around 110-1200 at this point. Interesting to flower lower. Seems to agree with the plant.

E9F21D6C-A95E-41B2-B132-123E64C99A7A.jpeg

E53AA786-3800-4E34-933F-7612510D8E2E.jpeg

71AB8E10-BE33-4546-B9E0-E216D589984A.jpeg

SH

At this point it appears our vertical growth is pretty much over with. The tallest buds are 10” from the @ViparSpectra KS3000. At this distance our ppfd is about 1050. With the driver outside the tent, heat at this distance is not at all an issue. This is about as close as I’ll let them go - if we get further vertical growth I’ll readjust the bases and lower her a couple inches.

The KS3000 is a very good light. It is especially strong in the evenness of growth department. I tried to get as directly over top of the scrog as possible for the first picture to show how even it is. Couldn’t get the whole plant in the frame, but I got most of her. The light also seems to be promoting an excellent rate of bud growth so far. The second picture shows the proximity to the KS3000.

Bravo ViparSpectra! For 26 days of flower this makes me pretty doggone happy!

20F490EF-2726-47E5-B97B-DEF13D6E7FC9.jpeg

CAA84087-EA09-4F1E-9896-3F80541BA7BE.jpeg

Hey there @paytesleaf - haven’t seen you round these parts before. Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Hope all goes well for you here - lemme know if I can ever be of assistance. Good timing. Should be a good show.

SH

I post one picture of her daily (sometimes two) so I can lace the pics together at the end and make it grow in pictures. I know it’s overkill. Lol.

4D6617E7-3524-4D3F-9BDF-AA03F6B4A1EA.jpeg

SH

At this point it appears our vertical growth is pretty much over with. The tallest buds are 10” from the @ViparSpectra KS3000. At this distance our ppfd is about 1050. With the driver outside the tent, heat at this distance is not at all an issue. This is about as close as I’ll let them go - if we get further vertical growth I’ll readjust the bases and lower her a couple inches.

The KS3000 is a very good light. It is especially strong in the evenness of growth department. I tried to get as directly over top of the scrog as possible for the first picture to show how even it is. Couldn’t get the whole plant in the frame, but I got most of her. The light also seems to be promoting an excellent rate of bud growth so far. The second picture shows the proximity to the KS3000.

Bravo ViparSpectra! For 26 days of flower this makes me pretty doggone happy!

20F490EF-2726-47E5-B97B-DEF13D6E7FC9.jpeg

CAA84087-EA09-4F1E-9896-3F80541BA7BE.jpeg
Excellent might be a understatement, she is definitely loving something that you’re doing.👍 CL🍀

Excellent might be a understatement, she is definitely loving something that you’re doing.👍 CL🍀
Thanks CL! I’ll tell you like I say fairly often cuz I really feel this way: we are simply the caretakers. For us to think we do any work, to me, is laughable. I’ll tell you who is responsible for the sweetness of this plant - @ViparSpectra, @Prescription Blend, and Arjan’s genetics. All I’m doing is keeping her fed and making sure the power stays on. Heh.

Let’s Talk Strawberry Haze…

The very first thing about this strain is that it is in my top 5 all-time favorites. On a personal level, it has everything I want - pain relief, clarity, focus, a touch of psychedelia, motivation, amazing smell, and a taste to match. Beautiful, dense buds. My reference point for the strain is largely based on dispensary versions. Grow Healthy had an excellent version, and was one of the very few dispensary grabs I looked forward to. I checked, and they still do. Here’s what it looks like:
1675962870070.jpeg

I am expecting something close to this from my grow in terms of its look.

Similarly, here’s the picture Arjan uses to sell the strain:
1675963001299.jpeg

Based on this picture, I would expect the finished buds to be fairly close to the first picture. More green than anything else with minimal orange hairs.

The strain smells more, and stronger, like strawberries than any other strawberry strain I’ve smoked. More than Strawberry Cough even to my nose. It even really tastes of strawberries. And the focus and clarity put it in the Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze level of quality weed to play music on.

It is not a high thc strain. It’s not necessary. It gets you plenty high. And the taste is such that you don’t want to put it down. Ever. The highest I’ve ever seen is around 24%. Arjan’s sells at a touch under 20% (mine will be higher, lol).

In terms of terpenes, here’s a pretty decent assessment:

Yes, it smells like strawberries! With top terpenes beta-Pinene, Eucalyptol, and trans-Caryophyllene, Strawberry Haze helps provide strong mental clarity and alertness while not overwhelming the body. Farnesene balances the beta-Pinene and helps with relaxation so patients can be productive but not over-stimulated. In addition to strawberries, these dense light green flowers smell like skunk, blueberry, and herbal notes.

You guys have seen me excited about a plant before. Not like this though. Whoa.

Thanks CL! I’ll tell you like I say fairly often cuz I really feel this way: we are simply the caretakers. For us to think we do any work, to me, is laughable. I’ll tell you who is responsible for the sweetness of this plant - @ViparSpectra, @Prescription Blend, and Arjan’s genetics. All I’m doing is keeping her fed and making sure the power stays on. Heh.
You make a very true point my friend but you left out Mother Nature . CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom