Jon's ViparSpectra KS3000 Grow In A 3x3

I just caught up @Jon very enjoyable read.

Let me know when you are around Pittsburgh; maybe we can meet up.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
You’re in the Burgh @Tokin Roll? That’s my second home! I lived there for a number of years. Worked at Hemingway’s, next to the O in Oakland. I definitely will look you up when I get up there.

Strawberry Haze
Flower/Stretch Day 5
Screen Maintenance

Still under control….I feel like I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. Lol!

4A5CC8B1-E899-4D32-8B37-F598945D8F41.jpeg

44111D6E-9D99-4945-BFF6-CEDB06754E81.jpeg

Almost Bedtime Flower/Stretch Day 6

I’m not gonna lie, I feel like I barely have this thing under control. It appears that we’re going to have a square outer ring of colas, as many branches are either already outside the screen or about to be. She can feel free to turn off the stretch now, lmao. The scary part is that it’s only day 6. This could go on another ten days. Yikes! And I was worried about flipping too soon….

34C4D945-D77C-4E01-B51D-5D5F9C726DE8.jpeg

8AEF70DC-B4D4-4251-89D0-E510CA47EDA1.jpeg

On this side of the screens it’s real clear. This is 7 colas about to be outside the screen. If I get this on all sides that’s a lot of colas. This little girl may turn out to be pretty productive.

0DDA77CC-89A6-46C2-A9CD-DF941D125797.jpeg

Shed you’ll appreciate this as a musician, relative to gear. You know how you sometimes will sit down at an unfamiliar kit that people told you is serious quality and you have no reference point? Then you play it, and you fall WAY in love? This bass is like that. It’s maiden gig, in the mountains last summer right after I got it, was so damn special I can’t even tell you. I felt like I was holding something that exceeded me, but then over the course of the gig became a part of me. If that makes sense.

i've felt that way over a couple yamaha drum kits previous. haven't played in a couple yrs now and need an e kit to practice and get chops back up. i'm holding out for a dtx with live kick and hi-hat, a few popping up now and then. lotsa folk bought them over covid and don't play them now they've gone back to work. no way i can swing a new set.

i had to sell my live kit due to where i live now.

love the individual plant scrog net set ups. that plant is gonna explode the tent.

How To Run Ambient in Flower
When the Tent is Sealed 12 hrs/day

I promised a demonstration of how I do this, so here it is.

When you have the tent door closed and you’re all sealed up and light proofed for 12 hours a day, with no extraction fan or pipe in play (running ambient), you need to find a way to allow for air exchange when it’s dark, without allowing any light in. Unlike in veg, now you can’t just keep the door open.

Here’s how I accomplish it. It’s pretty self-explanatory, so I’ll just display the setup in order. All it takes is a three foot length of insulted plastic ducting and some duct tape. Took me ten minutes start to finish. Cost is next to nothing.

Easy peasy, right? Does the job very well. Air comes in through the AC unit and exits out this pipe. The insulation on the outside ensures no light penetration and taping the ends ensures no fiberglass blowing around. And voila! Ambient at night!

3D162F42-AFD6-416C-88DA-092368B4FF9B.jpeg

29924324-A1E3-4C6B-B3A9-C02479519B9E.jpeg

73AC254C-B12E-4788-BA59-BFF0CEB798A0.jpeg

4DAE2639-E40C-48DB-8793-14308C29417E.jpeg

2AD6A348-B7AC-46D8-8A87-5DC20F4BBA22.jpeg

A35C3E83-667D-4DFD-BC1D-4B62E781147A.jpeg

E01C5DBC-C7FC-4637-AA1C-6495750DF1E1.jpeg

have you ever tried u-bend abs pipe light traps ? they'll move air with little less stress on the ac, and are great for passive movement between spaces, especially if you use opposing night day cycles in two tents to feed the plants o2 and co2 between them. very similar idea.

I hope you are right! Or it can just stop now. Lmao!

i'd be tempted to flip. super nice grow. not an issue in there at all. are you still on the Remo? i find them pricey but great nutes. a lot of AN and GH refugees on them local. i'm probably going to Remo if i go back to bottle nutes.

i've felt that way over a couple yamaha drum kits previous. haven't played in a couple yrs now and need an e kit to practice and get chops back up. i'm holding out for a dtx with live kick and hi-hat, a few popping up now and then. lotsa folk bought them over covid and don't play them now they've gone back to work. no way i can swing a new set.

i had to sell my live kit due to where i live now.

love the individual plant scrog net set ups. that plant is gonna explode the tent.

have you ever tried u-bend abs pipe light traps ? they'll move air with little less stress on the ac, and are great for passive movement between spaces, especially if you use opposing night day cycles in two tents to feed the plants o2 and co2 between them. very similar idea.

i'd be tempted to flip. super nice grow. not an issue in there at all. are you still on the Remo? i find them pricey but great nutes. a lot of AN and GH refugees on them local. i'm probably going to Remo if i go back to bottle nutes.
Hey @bluter - never tried the u-bend. But this IS flipped. This is day 7 post flip. The Strawberry Haze is a Prescription Blend plant, the Humboldt Dream in the other tent is Remo. Yes I really like them a lot. Thanks!

Hey @bluter - never tried the u-bend.

i just build them out of black abs plumbing pipe. get them at any hardware store. light can't make a single 90 or two 45 degree bends. it can reflect off the inside of the dryer type aluminum duct though and get through.

But this IS flipped. This is day 7 post flip. The Strawberry Haze is a Prescription Blend plant, the Humboldt Dream in the other tent is Remo. Yes I really like them a lot. Thanks!

very nice.

Strawberry Haze
Flower/Stretch Day 8

Still winning…barely. If this plant was trained differently, without 100 tops, the stretch would have it blowing up the tent. Twice a day since day 2 I have had to tuck, and move, and lower, and whatever else, the branches to stay at screen level. Now I’m almost out of space. I’m gonna have colas all around the frame and the middle is going to fall where it falls.

God I can’t wait to see budlets.

Here she is today along with a shot to show colas outside the frame.

B41BB45E-A28E-4711-82D7-B26E61D37283.jpeg

427C6398-F004-4FAC-89C4-EEAA8119FB6F.jpeg

Strawberry Haze
Flower/Stretch Day 9

After some close observation and some further research into this strain, I decided to make a radical move. I gotta admit, as simple as this was, I’m pretty proud of myself for this one.

I still don’t even have pistils yet on this plant. She’s not near done stretching. And this morning, the screen was more overgrown since lights out than any previous day to this point. I was looking at it and realized I’m basically out of time and space.

Unless……

We raise the screen!!!!! Who says we can’t raise the screen? Just gotta figure out how to do it. That’s always the easy and fun part. And it was painfully easy.

I figured that this will maybe buy me enough time to get through the stretch.

Here you go:

0853E41F-FE42-41A3-A74E-AF2CD2FB7EB7.jpeg

D3164D55-1385-4C71-805E-68D3C508D03E.jpeg

0BA350E7-90D1-4E07-B8F8-7BA5F11196A9.jpeg

Strawberry Haze
Flower/Stretch Day 9

After some close observation and some further research into this strain, I decided to make a radical move. I gotta admit, as simple as this was, I’m pretty proud of myself for this one.

I still don’t even have pistils yet on this plant. She’s not near done stretching. And this morning, the screen was more overgrown since lights out than any previous day to this point. I was looking at it and realized I’m basically out of time and space.

Unless……

We raise the screen!!!!! Who says we can’t raise the screen? Just gotta figure out how to do it. That’s always the easy and fun part. And it was painfully easy.

I figured that this will maybe buy me enough time to get through the stretch.

Here you go:

0853E41F-FE42-41A3-A74E-AF2CD2FB7EB7.jpeg

D3164D55-1385-4C71-805E-68D3C508D03E.jpeg

0BA350E7-90D1-4E07-B8F8-7BA5F11196A9.jpeg
That should buy you a day or two 😉

Back
Top Bottom