Kanno 26 - 2x ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO - SIP/Soil/80x80 - 2x Purple Queen

Hi @Jon @ViparSpectra so I measured this after lowering the lights and running both XS1500 PRO lights to 50% power and I'm not sure but it shows a brutal number but on the other hand the girls are doing well. What do you think about it?

IMG_20230323_192838.jpg

Hello everyone, so now something to set up my tent, it's 80x80x160, I have 2x @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO, which I have connected so that I can control both lights at once. Now I have them set to 5% of their power, I think that's ideal for a start.
IMG_20230304_111934.jpg
IMG_20230304_111937.jpg
IMG_20230304_111943.jpg
IMG_20230304_112256.jpg

This is how the lights shine at 5% which is great and what gets me are the bulging lenses, I think it will be quite effective.
IMG_20230304_111813.jpg
IMG_20230304_111923.jpg

Otherwise, you can see the air vent in the right corner. I put everything else, including the dust filter, outside the tent so as not to take up space inside.
IMG_20230304_112112.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping by, I'll continue with the next post. ;)
These are tiiiiight. Ooh-hoo. Tingle.

Hello everyone, today I can show you the rest of the tent and mainly what is happening with the purple queen is the first in the world and so far she is doing well.
IMG_20230304_111508.jpg
IMG_20230306_170654.jpg
IMG_20230308_170914.jpg

The second one isn't really wanted yet, so I had one more purple queen seed and I threw it in the water to have one in reserve and we'll see which one will do well. Otherwise, I also have pipe heating in the tent and the temperature is 26 degrees Celsius and the humidity is 65%. For now, I run the air extraction once a day just to change the air in the tent. And that's it for today thanks everyone for stopping by.

IMG_20230306_170654.jpg

IMG_20230304_111508.jpg
Thank you for the fan setting detail, that's perf. Now, that cross bar on the bottom... that is showing a good deal of elan. Tres biens, eh.

Hi all growers, I went to check on the girls today and decided to turn the power down to 25% I thought it wasn't doing them much good and considering I have two @ViparSpectra XS1500 PROs in there it was actually like I turned one light to 100% and I think it will benefit them, what do you think?
IMG_20230324_163633.jpg

The first is the purple queen.
IMG_20230324_164825.jpg

The second is three Mimosa EVOs.
IMG_20230324_164819.jpg
IMG_20230324_164815.jpg
IMG_20230324_164812.jpg
Thanks for the opinion and stopping by.

Hi all growers, I went to check on the girls today and decided to turn the power down to 25% I thought it wasn't doing them much good and considering I have two @ViparSpectra XS1500 PROs in there it was actually like I turned one light to 100% and I think it will benefit them, what do you think?
Whew, I'm glad you did. I was concerned for maybe too much light at this stage of growth.

Hi @Kanno26 - sorry I took so long to respond here and thanks for asking my opinion. Here’s what I think. 800s ppfd is way too high for the age of those plants. Yes, on a glance they appear to be doing well, but look a *little* closer…check out your pictures before you raised the light intensity. Note how the leaves are standing straight out from base to tip. They are not curling down at the ends. Now take a look at the pictures you just posted. See how all your leaves are on a downward trajectory at the ends? That’s a new development from what I can see. And what it is are the leaves trying to hide from the light. This is a common sign of too much light that is often overlooked, and one that shows you sooner than later what’s going on.

I personally agree pretty much with @ViparSpectra - a good range for right now is maybe 400 - 600 (max). If it were me I would keep them in that range until I uppotted them. LEDs are just so much different than the sun. These plants outside would be getting much more than 400 - 600 ppfd. But that’s the sun. I am not sure why LEDs are so different but I’ve found it wise to not overdo the light intensity in veg or early flower. Save it for late flower. Lol!

Whether you adjust by changing the hanging height of the lights, or changing the power level, or adjusting the height of the plants themselves…they all work. As far as apps, mine is Phototone and it is pretty accurate. That’s the only one I can speak to.

Again sorry for the delay. Hope that’s helpful. There’s many ways to skin this cat.

Hi @Kanno26 - sorry I took so long to respond here and thanks for asking my opinion. Here’s what I think. 800s ppfd is way too high for the age of those plants. Yes, on a glance they appear to be doing well, but look a *little* closer…check out your pictures before you raised the light intensity. Note how the leaves are standing straight out from base to tip. They are not curling down at the ends. Now take a look at the pictures you just posted. See how all your leaves are on a downward trajectory at the ends? That’s a new development from what I can see. And what it is are the leaves trying to hide from the light. This is a common sign of too much light that is often overlooked, and one that shows you sooner than later what’s going on.

I personally agree pretty much with @ViparSpectra - a good range for right now is maybe 400 - 600 (max). If it were me I would keep them in that range until I uppotted them. LEDs are just so much different than the sun. These plants outside would be getting much more than 400 - 600 ppfd. But that’s the sun. I am not sure why LEDs are so different but I’ve found it wise to not overdo the light intensity in veg or early flower. Save it for late flower. Lol!

Whether you adjust by changing the hanging height of the lights, or changing the power level, or adjusting the height of the plants themselves…they all work. As far as apps, mine is Phototone and it is pretty accurate. That’s the only one I can speak to.

Again sorry for the delay. Hope that’s helpful. There’s many ways to skin this cat.
One other thing - when you uppot, you may find it wise to bury those long stems a bit so they’re how you want them. I do it all the time. You will not rot the stem by doing so, and they are a bit stretched. It’ll help with plant support. Two more cents for you. Lol

One other thing - when you uppot, you may find it wise to bury those long stems a bit so they’re how you want them. I do it all the time. You will not rot the stem by doing so, and they are a bit stretched. It’ll help with plant support. Two more cents for you. Lol
Thank you so much @Jon for your bet I really appreciate it. I'll try to get it back on track today. Thanks, I'll try to bury them a little ;).

And, just like tomatoes, the buried stem will produce new roots!

@Jon Thank you so much for your response, very careful observation and detailed explanation!

@Kanno26 Plants are happy with the right light intensity.

Hey everyone, I have some news for you about the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO sent to me by Valerie.
XS1500 PRO Key Features

1. High Photon Density:

The New-Gen Lens is algorithmically positioned to create the highest PAR map and the deepest penetration.

2. Perfect fit in 2x2 tent:

The PPFD in a 2x2 tent is from 900 to 1000 μmol/m²/s, which meets the flowering needs of each plant in each corner. XS Pro Series bring big earnings to every grower.

3. Uniform PAR Distribution:

The Ave. PPFD is 942 umol/㎡/s. in 2x2 tent, Boost Yields to Higher Level;

4. Multi-Light Dimming Daisy Chain:

Control up to 20 lights. Save your time;

5. Dimmer Knob:

Easy to change your light intensity as needed from 5% to 100%.

6. Optimized Spectrum:

Algorithmically designed ratio of white, red, and IR diodes, optimizes plant growth in all stages;

Back
Top Bottom