Keith's Real Second Grow - Banana Jealousy

Congrats on the cool prize box...so much in there it's like a Christmas stocking in May!
I use 2g of MaxiGrow per gallon of water. Next feeding will be .5 tsp or 2.46g per gallon of water.
What's the rush to bump the feed? That's almost a 25% increase.
do I want 2 Banana Jealousy's or just 1
Have you compared the BJ flower time to the others? I thought you picked the other two because of their short flowering times, no?

Congrats on the cool prize box...so much in there it's like a Christmas stocking in May!

What's the rush to bump the feed? That's almost a 25% increase.

Have you compared the BJ flower time to the others? I thought you picked the other two because of their short flowering times, no?
.5 tsp is recommended early growth which is 2.46g I started them at 2g like GDB. I do not have to take a jump. I have feed them twice at 2g with any other nutes I have used I followed the recommended dose and that was what I was going to do here. I think what I will do is bump it to 2.2g on my mutant plant and see what happens. 🍋

.5 tsp is recommended early growth which is 2.46g I started them at 2g like GDB. I do not have to take a jump. I have feed them twice at 2g with any other nutes I have used I followed the recommended dose and that was what I was going to here. I think what I will do is bump it to 2.2g on my mutant plant and see what happens. 🍋
Keith, according to the schedule I'm using, 2g is recommended for early growth. Remember I told you how you should measure your nutrients on the kitchen scale? That was because your plan to give them .5 tsp would have resulted in them getting 2.46g, .46 more of what you intended to give them.

That said, I think you'd be okay to bump them up to 2.5. They've gotten big and I'm almost sure the roots can handle more.

When I started mine out on the MaxiGro I only paid attention to the "Early Veg" dose. I later read the schedule more thoroughly (and likely less zooted) and saw that the "Late Veg" dose is 4.5g. That's a 2.5g jump. I took a chance and raised it to 4.5 all at once. But in hindsight, I probably should have inched it up like you're about to do. Maybe, 2.5, then 3, then 3.5 and so on.

Thanks GDB my thought was seedlings is 1.23g and I started at.2 for early growth. and my plants look like they loved it so I was going to start bumping up to get the full 2.46 early stage. I have a problem with patience, and I can't wait to get to the standard amount for early stage 2.46. 🍋 Oh ya good morning

Thanks GDB my thought was seedlings is 1.23g and I started at.2 for early growth. and my plants look like they loved it so I was going to start bumping up to get the full 2.46 early stage. I have a problem with patience, and I can't wait to get to the standard amount for early stage 2.46. 🍋 Oh ya good morning
Congrats 🍾🎈 on scoring that sweet swag bro. You deserve it after so many nominations Keith for MOTM. Hope you enjoy it amigo. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo: :cheer:

Keith, can you post a pic of the schedule you are using? I'm confused about why you keep referring to .5 tsp (or 2.46g).

1716556672844.png

Okay, that schedule is for running a drain to waste hydroponic set-up. You're not doing that. You should be using their basic schedule. Here:

maxi feed chart.jpg

I'm using the "Medium Feed" schedule in the middle where is calls for 3g for early growth and 4.5g for late growth. (Turns out I've been misreading this schedule all along. I was seeing 2g for early growth up until this morning, when I squinted and saw that it actually says 3g!)

I'm thinking you'll find this schedule at bit more straightforward and easy to follow/implement, using your kitchen scale! :Rasta:

There is one difference between your grows and mine. I grow outdoors. 🍋
I'm thinking it shouldn't matter, especially since you'll be in pots and not in the ground. But on this subject, I'm not the one to say. I know little about growing outdoors. I will say that since your girls will grow under the very best grow light in existence, you may want to consider using the "Aggressive Feed" schedule at the top of the page. :Rasta:

@Carcass, @Justin Goody @InTheShed @StoneOtter @beez0404

I don't think any early growth plants need 140ppm of nitrogen, inside or out!

Also, the chart Keith posted says "soil, soilless, coco, or hydroponic." How many charts do they have for the same product? Or is that for a different series than Keith is running?
And you've officially lost me, Shed! I don't know how to get from the info. provided on the schedule to the ppm rate of just the Nitrogen only. It would be nice to know how to get there, but every time I've tried to learn how, the old Benz Diesel starting sputtering and missing!

Anyway, I took another look and found this schedule for outdoor feeding with the Maxi series. The dosages are increased across the board compared to the Indoor sched.

This chart confuses too. It subtitle references "Professional Outdoor 1-Part Nutrient System" but in the schedule it refers to MaxiGro and MaxiBloom. I'm not sure what to make of it. 🧐

Maxi outdoor feed schedule.jpg

And you've officially lost me, Shed! I don't know how to get from the info. provided on the schedule to the ppm rate of just the Nitrogen only.
The ppm of N is listed on the chart!
Anyway, I took another look and found this schedule for outdoor feeding with the Maxi series. The dosages are increased across the board compared to the Indoor sched.

This chart confuses too. It subtitle references "Professional Outdoor 1-Part Nutrient System" but in the schedule it refers to MaxiGro and MaxiBloom. I'm not sure what to make of it. 🧐

Maxi outdoor feed schedule.jpg
So far there are three different charts for MaxiGro! And if that's not confusing enough, the last one you posted doesn't even have early growth as a column. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom