KelticBlue's 2017: Soil, Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan

Got a bit side tracked with lunch. Also had to write a letter of recommendation for a worker I used to supervise. I find when I wrote these things I get paid back in Sweet Karma plus he is a good kid and deserves a break.
MY Zammy D is doing well branching and bushing. I think it is 12 days from sprout, About 5 inches high, at least 7 inches across. looks happy. has one brown spot on a leaf. but they look grreat.

Good growth

great green color

Two pictures of this wicked cool node

Just had to have a second look

Do I top it dont I top it. Great branching all the way down to the seed leaves.

Some artsy green looks at the top up close, just a nice bunch of leaves, leafs!

Leafs and leaves
leaves and leafs

Looking hearty! It's good to know you're home. :hug:

Looking hearty! It's good to know you're home. :hug:

Thanks Sue!:cool:

Super stressful work week but I can be happy to know I got something in my garden, makes the day better.

I should have the scrog net by tuesday. I cannot believe I didn't get another seed to sprout. I didnt try so hard, I focused on the Zammy-D.

I also cannot believe how well the earthbox keeps the soil moist. I think in 2 weeks I have put a total 16 oz of water in the Res. it is dry and has been dry I added ~8 oz before I left 4 days ago, the res dried out within the hour, but the soil today still is moist just below the surface. The kind of perfect moist not soggy but airy damp soil. And today is the driest I have seen. I am going to watch the plant for signs these next few mornings before adding more water.

I begin to think this is more of a transplant into container than start seedlings in:hmmmm::rollit:

I'm a fan of seed-to-harvest in living soil with no transplant, if at all possible. The soil community and the developing baby rootlets get to bond right from the start. It just made me feel better, although I changed to accomodate the kit. That LOS I started out with was impressive stuff.

The earthbox sounds like the perfect setup for you. It's a step above my SWICK method. Makes me smile to read of your success. :battingeyelashes:

Why do you say, it's not a good medium to start in? It's looking very healthy and happy.

indeed it does look good! cannot argue with success:cool:

I am thinking it would be easy to drown/damp off a seedling.
I am thinking about the earthbox directions. They say to never let the reservoir go dry.

My last run the res was kept wet and the soil was soggy. This time I am also going to use my own modified mulch cover as i go into flower. Good learning curve. My soil now is fresh BaS 'classic recipe'. That has to be the biggest factor in the health of the plant.

I'm a fan of seed-to-harvest in living soil with no transplant
me too mostly cause i am lazy and spaceyo_O

geezoo the lights in the tent are so strong they go straight thru me. instant headache. i have to remember to turn them down. Plant looks good all perky. picy-ure after coffee.:nomo:

I could see where that could be a problem. I've been having the opposite issue where the top soil dries out to quickly and kills the seedling after it's cracked. I've taken to bagging the pots like I do my clones until they sprout. I've had almost perfect germination rates since I started doing it that way.

Yes, coffee.... Waiting on mine to steep.

Yes, coffee.... Waiting on mine to steep.
Cheers:cheer:

I cannot thank you enough. It is easy to look past these things when things are going good. You got me thinking, good, keep me thinking, or I space out.
. . .You are talking about bagging like a humidity dome?
I might try a something like that in one of my containers on the side. I like it. I am thinking one of the fresh produce bags from the supermarket. The bag diffuses the light. keeps it moist without the need for human interference.
? Once they sprout off with the bag? they need fresh air above soil? I guess overnight or a day would not be too long. I might crack one this week for experimental purposes.

I cracked three of my home made seeds in my 2 side containers, they dried out. Of course they got no attention with the Zammy being my sweet thing.
But I could imagine, for example, you scored 3 original maui wowie (or what ever)
for 60 bucks and that happened. 20 smacks a seed in the dirt, that would be some sadness.

Thankfully ACE has always sprouted for me. My dumbarsery has killed a couple later but not more than I got in return at the end of flower from the survivors.

I feels good to return to the tent, take a couple of months off and I need to re visit my techniques.

I am thinking a topping is in order this week.

So I am counting May 14 as sprout day...... so today is 2 weeks from sprout.

Photo Update at 2 weeks old.

The overview. On the soil top in the left lower corner I disturbed the soil and you can see how it is still a little moist but the top 1/4 inch is completely dry. ((I did it, by my rock garden on the right to, small darker spot))

I will now keep the light at %75 and try to keep the temp bellow 80F. I was blasting it with 100% light since yesterday. Could be the lack of A/C for the last week, but I see a tiny heat stress in the top leaves. But I will try to give it a break this week. From what I read, weeks 3 and 4 are important to keep the plant in stable environs. So I plan to top it this week and leave it be for 2 more weeks. High Hopes

The side view, What is it right about 6 inches? pretty good for 2 weeks old.

Branching everywhere \???my first scrog??? yAy

More looks at the branching and stems

I know I still have a on the small side grow area but I feel like I can reach for the clouds with the extra room. I might get carried away.

I always get carried away, only way to go!

I really dig the look of the top node area. It is where the topping will be done, sorry little plant:eek:

Some leaf damage, the only spot. I need to check the underside of the leaf.
Totally non scientific observation. Can ya see how the little trich heads are around the damage spot, like a defense? I never noticed it before, heard about it but never saw it. Nature Huh?

I have no critters on my blue sticky strip. I dunno

Another look, not concerned.

Environs. Lights were on 100% for about an hour at this point. I have dimmed them back now. Dimmers are cool.

Right now I have 79.2F and 64% with light at 75% for the last hour or so.
I am in the market for another clip on fan. The dura-breeze is failing. looking on A-zon.

Wow! You guys have me going a mile a minute inside my head. Lol!

I avoid the green produce bags for food storage. Always have. Something about the smell always puts me off, but now you got me thinking about using them for germination bags. :hmmmm:

keltic, it looks like a mechanical puncture hole to me on that leaf. It’s easy to do that and not notice. She looks happy to be with you. :green_heart:

The trichomes production around the hole got me really excited! I’ve been considering for the last year or so that planned stress would ramp up both trichomes and terpenes, in both quantity and quality. That picture appears to back up at least part of my theory.

The trick is to stress at the right times and without doing irreparable damage to the plant. We have to overcome the discomfort we feel when we stress them, but I think we can do that. We do it all the time with bondage. :battingeyelashes:

You were my doorway into the neighborhood this morning. :hug::hug::hug:

Off to the cob thread. Have a wonderful day. :ciao:

Wifey is flying today, going to skirting the north side of the tropical activity near alabama, so I am a bit wound up today.

I understand. My anxiety-ridden daughter’s partner took off this morning for an unexpected trip to LA, the day before I fly home. She’ll be all alone and ramping down anxiety until I reach the apartment building.

Forgot the hug....:hug::hug::hug:

Wifey got a stomach bug over the weekend but she says the plane ride was smooth. She travels better alone. She is a good traveler even if the silly billy doesn't like takeoff. She does it anyway. She is a Leo, heart of a Lion. She will have a puff of bud when she gets in, no problem.

I have a scrog in the making. Just got the trelis net, 6 inch squares, time to learn how to scrog.

Forgot the hug....:hug::hug::hug:
I am on my own up north, I get mine here:thanks::hug:
Wifey is actually at my families house down south so she gets Kitten hugs upon her return. {{meow}}

I understand. My anxiety-ridden daughter’s partner took off this morning for an unexpected trip to LA, the day before I fly home. She’ll be all alone and ramping down anxiety until I reach the apartment building.
. . . She doesnt like being alone? Gotta be tough for momma bear to close the distance quick enough.

@SweetSue you going thru DC on flight at all?

Cheers:cheer:

I cannot thank you enough. It is easy to look past these things when things are going good. You got me thinking, good, keep me thinking, or I space out.
. . .You are talking about bagging like a humidity dome?
I might try a something like that in one of my containers on the side. I like it. I am thinking one of the fresh produce bags from the supermarket. The bag diffuses the light. keeps it moist without the need for human interference.
? Once they sprout off with the bag? they need fresh air above soil? I guess overnight or a day would not be too long. I might crack one this week for experimental purposes.

I cracked three of my home made seeds in my 2 side containers, they dried out. Of course they got no attention with the Zammy being my sweet thing.
But I could imagine, for example, you scored 3 original maui wowie (or what ever)
for 60 bucks and that happened. 20 smacks a seed in the dirt, that would be some sadness.

Thankfully ACE has always sprouted for me. My dumbarsery has killed a couple later but not more than I got in return at the end of flower from the survivors.

I feels good to return to the tent, take a couple of months off and I need to re visit my techniques.

I am thinking a topping is in order this week.
Sue got me on the Toast technique of bagging our clones in clear plastic bags to create a humidity dome for them. I've been soaking seeds until they pop and then putting them into soil to sprout. This was working fine for me up until recently. As the weather changed, suddenly my soil wasn't staying moist enough near the surface. The seeds would wither away. So I started bagging the pots the same way that I do clones. Now I wait until the seedling has popped up to open them. It normally take a couple of days. So far, it's worked perfectly for me.

I felt the earthbox got a little dry today So I gave about 8-10 ounces of water in the reservoir. Not very much but it seemed to take. I plan on giving a topping to the Zammy D tomorrow. It is growing well And I wanted it to have a drink before topping and stressing.

As it was this morning, 1 hr after lights on.

Still growing taller

The inside view, green goodness

Growth in the making

Going to top just above here ....
so these to are my second down branches

I should have 24 inches from my screen height to lights. My LST tool. The latices is not going to be to sturdy. I have a costruction project in mind. See how lazy I am i f i get to it or not.

The deed is done. I put my pruning hat on today. I figure I have to spread the growth out horizontally under the 4 COBs. Poor little thing had its head cut off this morning.

My tools, snipper and a bit of aloe for the wound

Some before Pictures

Good bit of growth last night

The growth helps make it easier to get the cut

Green top chop

The lower stem and branches

Right about here just below that node there

Random green-ness, snip.

More leaf tops, before they go.

Aw poor thing, now gimme some branches to spread about

A drop of fresh aloe on the wounded top

Light penetrates down the middle

Crappy piccy but one of my hopeful new tops.

Back
Top Bottom