KelticBlue's 2017: Soil, Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan

Quick Photo op of the new sprout Zammy D. I am guessing born yesterday, I turned the COBs up to full today prolly back them off a bit tomorrow before lights on. it is growing straight and true....

Got some height since yesterday, that is why I turned the lights up
--
pointy leaves
--
AgainsT the rules
--
Top View

-------
Stash Box

I have a re-hydrated boveda in there now, not sure it will stay there but it was a convenient place at the moment

howdy mr.K, I'm sure it's going to be a summer of I told you so... but come harvest time you'll be smiling. I can't recall have you grown the Zamal-D before....??? Reason asking as I saw it pop up the other day and heard it's a potent flower...? see ya later..:high-five:

Hi Smeegs

I did a run before but I ran into trouble. Was my first time with the earthbox jr, soil was old. And i let it be too wet, i didnt know how to manage the sub irrigated planter bizness. I had 'crown rot' on the Zammy D during my first run (fungus and nastiness)...... still harvested some early bud. nuthing special but smokeable.....

Lemme see.........Give us a minute.....
here is a picture of the root rot.
CIMG9756.jpg

this is what I did to the first Zammy D i ran. poor thing. It branches out so well I am tempted to scrog this nextone
IMG_007991.jpg

This time.....
I am not going to put the mulch cover on and I have not put much water in the earthbox at all, about three liters since new soil was mixed in and that is it. the res is dry, it holds about a gallon but the soil is still moist 5 days later. as ya can see from the dark spot around the sprout.
I am gonna let it dry. high hopes.:rollit:

Pretty keltic. I’ll be starting one of the Zamaldelica x Panama that Morglie made when I get back. Gotta have some Zamal cobs to go with the Malawi. I may break down at some point and buy a GT. Tangwena’s made them sound irresistible. Lol!

How you likin’ the new garden setup? I made myself wait until I get new lights before I put up the veg tent. It’ll be my special joy as I redesign things once again.

One of the things I’m most excited about on this trip is getting the chance to meet Dan. He’ll be sweeping me up earlier than our dinner gathering so we can visit. This’ll give me a good chance to learn to use my lights more efficiently than “turn on and leave as is.”

I swear keltic, I feel like I’m growing up as a cultivator. I’m starting to take notice of things I’ve run right over up to now, proper light control among them. I’m teaching the daughter now and it’s forcing me to be more attentive.

Quick update from the road. Rumor has it the A/C in my building is out this week. Might put some heat stress on the sprout. My initial tests during set up showed no more than 85F in the tent under no room a/c conditions but the outside temperature were reasonable. In theory the a/c should be better when it is fixed. Time will tell. I am scheduled to return tomorrow but there is a ton of work and they wanna pay. I might work an extra day.
I just need to check sprout is not thirsty. It is often better left alone than with me messing around.

I hope to have progress pictures up some time this week.
:cheer:

:high-five: Photo update! I checked the the 1 week old Zammy D first thing when I got home. Te,p got to 84 humidity was in the high 70s. I have it at about 81F and Humid 64'
Not bad considering we got no A/C. I am keeping the lights turned down below 50% power seems to help the heat a touch, maybe 1-2 degree. I have the exhaust on full, which creates heat but help with the air exchange.
Zammy-D is the only sprout I am ealing with nothing else broke the surface.

Here we are at about one week after breaking soil.

Got a little twist to the leaves, had it with my last one as well.

About three inches tall

A couple of looks at the branching out, I am going to try a scrog as well as LST

--
--

smile for the close up

General greenery....

Photos from today. The heat is not bad with all the clouds and rain the humidity is better than could be expected under the conditions. Building A/C scheduled to be fixed be weekend.

The environs with lights on this morning.

The Overview

And a couple of greeneery shots from the interior.

It is growing well. I still have not watered the earthbox reservoir. dont want to top it but put a trelis over it and branch it out around the tent. It will end up uneven with the tops. First experiment with the trelis, i think.:hmmmm:

The trellis sounds like just the thing. I'll be watching in interest. I still have the Scrog that I won last year. In a 2x2 tent it leaves no wiggle room.

Healthy and happy little sprout you have going there keltic. :battingeyelashes: Hope they get that AC going soon. I checked the weather for Phoenix this morning and the temperatures won't get rediculous here until the day I fly out. Lol! When I get home it's time to install the AC in my bedroom before the plants fry.

Back
Top Bottom