KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Wow:thedoubletake:...just wow:dreamy:

Blueberry_2014-04-04_-006.JPG

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Has anyone ever seen a seed germinate with purple cotyledon and purple first leaves as well?

Blueberry_2014-04-04_-007.JPG

What kind of grow medium is that? Plant looks very cool and I've never seen anything like that before, thanks for sharing.

What kind of grow medium is that? Plant looks very cool and I've never seen anything like that before, thanks for sharing.

The grow medium is called a Rapid Rooter. I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

I like your moxie Craw. Keep seeking THE TRUTH brother, it benefits us all.

I know for sure LED is the future, just right now there are so many manufacturers and resellers, it makes it so hard to find out who is ripping you off buy buying lights off alibaba and reselling them as USA made.

Not saying Lush does this, I just would like to know why their lights are 'special' compared to other LED that others are getting great results with.

Really wish a Lush rep would stop by and answer some questions,wonder if they be willing to do a side by side test one one big plant I on big pot with a light divider down middle and with a Lush LED on one side and a less expensive Chinese made light on other?

I thought it was in Michigan and tried to find something and all I could get was this

Lush Lighting products are engineered, serviced and tested in Michigan. Regional distribution locations are also located in Colorado and Massachusetts. Most orders deliver in a week. With a 3 year warranty and 90 day satisfaction guarantee, you have nothing to lose! Put a Lush LED in your garden today, and you will have faster growing healthier plants by the end of your first week! This is something you have to see for yourself!

Lush LED Lighting grows amazing plants! Pics and videos!

Now I thinking factory built out of country maybe but would like to be corrected.I still have the belief they are the best right now and am glad to have a test done by KingJohnC for his opinion I value. But he has no comparison to any other LED with this being his first.
This journal is different than his others starting out with multiple strain clones? with out much details on them or the grow environment yet.I am patient on his thoughts of Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x since it it hasnt been plugged in a week yet over the plants. I will be happy with his comparison on them to HID lights and hope someone else can run another one against it. The price is "built here" high and well over my budget,so I'm really just looking for the other proof than their saying they are the Best

I had seen that thread before when I was doing my research on Lush, but unfortunately does not explain why they are 'special' just says they are.

I am in same boat as you, at this price point I need to know why they are so much more 'special' then other LED, heck they are even more $$$ then many other lights claiming to be USA made. Either a side by side comparison as stated above or at least some sort of specs as to why their light better.

I am more then willing to pay a premium for a truly made in USA light, and so far I have only found two companies that have been able to convince this cynic/skeptic that they are made in USA. I will not mention names in this journal but anyone can stop by my journals and ask or pm me.

From what I have seen KJC seems to be a good grower,so I am sure he will get good results, but many other good grows are getting outstanding results from other LEDs also.

Rapid Root Starter Plugs, if I'm not mistaken. Look like edible brownies to me :yummy:

EDIT:eek:ops, did not see the question being answered

That purple baby is just beautiful. I have never seen anything like it and it would almost be worth ordering the strain just to watch it grow. I can't wait to see what her leaves look like and then her flower.... I bet she is going to be magnificent King..:adore:.....:circle-of-love:

I know for sure LED is the future, just right now there are so many manufacturers and resellers, it makes it so hard to find out who is ripping you off buy buying lights off alibaba and reselling them as USA made.

Not saying Lush does this, I just would like to know why their lights are 'special' compared to other LED that others are getting great results with.

Really wish a Lush rep would stop by and answer some questions,wonder if they be willing to do a side by side test one one big plant I on big pot with a light divider down middle and with a Lush LED on one side and a less expensive Chinese made light on other?

I had seen that thread before when I was doing my research on Lush, but unfortunately does not explain why they are 'special' just says they are.

I am in same boat as you, at this price point I need to know why they are so much more 'special' then other LED, heck they are even more $$$ then many other lights claiming to be USA made. Either a side by side comparison as stated above or at least some sort of specs as to why their light better.

I am more then willing to pay a premium for a truly made in USA light, and so far I have only found two companies that have been able to convince this cynic/skeptic that they are made in USA. I will not mention names in this journal but anyone can stop by my journals and ask or pm me.

From what I have seen KJC seems to be a good grower,so I am sure he will get good results, but many other good grows are getting outstanding results from other LEDs also.
:popcorn:
I love my LEDs When I get things straitened out I am going to put photos together to show the growth difference between my T8s in the same tent. :circle-of-love:

Like Dennise, I too am ordering Blueberry from where you ordered the seed and I must have it.

I wonder if anyone is working on making an entire plant with blue pigmented foliage. I know eventually cannabis can be a beautiful specimen plant which also produces incredible colas.

I'm looking forward to this plant in your journal.

lol...I guess it's not so unique then, and necessity definitely IS the mother of invention as I use rapid rooters, no dome, and syringe watering for the first week too. It just works.

:thumb:

The grow medium is called a Rapid Rooter. I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.
KJC i had similar issues and resolved them in a like fashion i use a rx bottle rolled a piece of 120grit sandpaper i soak them about 30 min in undiluted t& j tea and yucca extract and soak the root plugs in the same,my germ rates went up with the plugs and again with the tea soak at about 99% now some pop that were looking like they were immature and deformed root plugs all the way!!:headbanger:

Like Dennise, I too am ordering Blueberry from where you ordered the seed and I must have it.

I wonder if anyone is working on making an entire plant with blue pigmented foliage. I know eventually cannabis can be a beautiful specimen plant which also produces incredible colas.

I'm looking forward to this plant in your journal.
im gonna post pics soon of the purple urkle i have just finished a 3rd plant and all turn very dark purple starting the first 7-10 days of flower regardless of temps in low temps almost the whole plant will turn a serious bit of eyecandy! :rollingeyes:

I know you've cloned her BID, but have you made any seeds of that pheno yet?

BID and KJC, is there any inherent problems with germinating using the dome and paper towel with heat method or is it just a matter of preference? Thanks in advance!

PPM

BID and KJC, is there any inherent problems with germinating using the dome and paper towel with heat method or is it just a matter of preference? Thanks in advance!

PPM

I have found that when I used to germinate in paper towel my germination rates were not as good, also the taproots weaves themselves into the paper towel. Cannabis is a type of plant that the male to female germination rates are temperature dependent, the higher the temperature the more male plants. I no longer use a seedling heat mat when I germinate seeds.

I know you've cloned her BID, but have you made any seeds of that pheno yet?
yup when i saw that pheno i took a cut and made some cs induced fem seeds,and crossed her to my gdp,royal purple kush,mendo purps and purple power, a couple of those are fem pollen so i have lots of beans i made and 1 left from when i got them, i was not taking any chances losing it like i did my purple#1 that was purple like this urkle (turn in early flower regardless of temps)

PPM
i have the same basic feeling about it as KJC the paper towel method is ok but honestly i would rather germ in plugs,coco or even rockwool, i have lost some mighty expensive seeds to paper towels

Back
Top Bottom