KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

you may want to consider a hybrid setup if cost a factor to start out with too, or as you go. And depending on the cost of electricity in your area, your savings will come back VERY fast particularly if using some of the less expensive panels. Even with the spendy ones like the Lush you will still re coup your investment in a surprisingly short time.

Cost isn't really a factor. Since having my 600w ballast plugged in running @ 400w, my air pump, and fan keeping my mothers alive in my bathroom, my Hydro(electricity) bill has hardly budged. I also have my grow box on and running 24hrs. Our recent electric bill (for a 2 month period) was like $100, so around $50 a month that includes having my 60" plasma on quite a bit each day, my playstation 3 being on all the time and all other power consumption by gf, roommate and myself. I will move from one 600w ballast and MH bulb plus a tiny 4" fan and an air pump to 2 600w ballasts and 2 HPS, 2 air pumps, 2 water pumps, and some oscillating stand fans as well as some inline fans for air flow/carbon filter. So i'm guessing my bill to jump maybe another $50 with the addition of my new grow room i'm building. The LED's would just be to save me a bit of money on my electric bill, which isn't even close high at the moment.

The cost issue for me is the cost of purchasing an LED panel such as this one. Lush has a 15% off promotion right now and this particular panel is just shy of $1200, which i just dont have waiting around to be spent. Save is what i will do. recovering my costs of the panel in electricity charges is how i will break even and then some.

I would say I am seeing the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x perform equally as a Metal Halide light in vegetative growth and equally as a High Pressure Sodium light in flower at Flower Day 48. I hope to see the AK48's calyxes on the buds begin to swell that make up the bulk of the bud weight in the next 14 days as well as the AK47x Alaskan Thunder has.

Good information to take in. I just need to decide what type of LED set up i would like to run i.e how many panels. 2 smaller ones or 1 larger one. Dependant on how many plants i guess. And which brand best fits my budget. But you think tho, the ones charging more have to be doing something right in order to charge much more than another company that offers a similar product. Like Crawdaddy mentioned about cost of running. its not the money it will save, its the money it will take to get a good panel like the one you are reviewing. You are doing a wonderful job of showing people just what you can do with quality equipment. I think someone was rambling on earlier about Lush and hating on them, it looks like such a wonderful product, i think people are just mad they cant afford the better things. The quality of your plants have made my decision to go LED once i am able to afford it. Thank you

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

I am very pleased to announce I will be starting a new grow journal soon, for anyone wishing an invite to my future grow journal please add me to your friends list as I will only announce my future grow journals by invitation.

@KingJohnC

Did this get u hi john. Ever find out why your firs la con didn't work. Was it anything to do with cold drying?

For my KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal I believe the cause was bad genetics. My cannabis is dried at room temperature which can range from 62° Fahrenheit nighttime to 74° Fahrenheit daytime.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Interesting. I have been experimenting with different rates (time) of decarboxylation. Just thought it may have been the exchange from THCA to thc. Cold drying can lessen the affect.
You've come a long way whilst I've been away. Good job, member of the year!

Your useing led now not hid??????

I am currently using a Lush Lighting Dominator 2x LED light panel as my light source.

Dominator-2X-Data

Example of what Gimp can do KJC - Nowhere near best since only played for a second but this gives you an idea:
Before Gimp:
KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-06-28_-_1921.JPG

After Gimp:
KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-06-28_-_192.png

budnoob, what's Gimp?

Jaamz, Gimp is open source software that does photo editing,etc similar to photoshop
Can you download it for free online?

I am very pleased to announce I will be starting a new grow journal soon, for anyone wishing an invite to my future grow journal please add me to your friends list as I will only announce my future grow journals by invitation.

@KingJohnC
Always send me an invite to any journal you start John. You know, as I've told you before yours are amongst my favorites on 420. Always supplying great info with a no non-sense atmosphere. I always sit back and learn in your journals. I remain your loyalist innocent by-stander.

Always send me an invite to any journal you start John. You know, as I've told you before yours are amongst my favorites on 420. Always supplying great info with a no non-sense atmosphere. I always sit back and learn in your journals. I remain your loyalist innocent by-stander.

I love how unbiased this journal is. Definitely isn't praising Lush to get brownie points with them. Just some amazing growing skills with a seemingly good product. I'm interested to see how the new journal shapes up and the comparison to this LED panel.

Whats the size difference going to be on the Znet4 compared to this one John?

Out of respect for Lush Lighting I will not talk about another 420 Magazine sponsor LED light in this journal.

I am currently using a Lush Lighting Dominator 2x LED light panel as my light source.

Dominator-2X-Data

Do you think LED is in comparison to HID or just another way. I would be very interested in a comparison.

Not even out of respect for Lush. just the unbiased opinion between LEDs and HID. is this is your first grow with LED's? i didn't notice any LEDs used in your previous journals

There is a 20% off Promotion code for Lush Lighting: 420Mag

Does this also work with their current online promo of 15% off? i sure would love me 35% off a panel of theirs!!

@KingJohnC

I hope you will invite me to the next, my friend! Invite only~ How exclusive!

I believe that with the results I am seeing at Flower Day 49 from the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x that the results are in direct comparison to a High Pressure Sodium light.

I wanted to remind everyone who is growing with either Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium or LED light panels to use proper eye protection to preserve your vision. I am using the pair of HydroFarm Active Eye Growroom Glasses that are made to colour correct High Pressure Sodium lighting and the colours are very close but slightly on the blue scale. At least invest in a pair of Professional UV Safety Glasses commonly available to protect your eyes against Ultra Violet damage.

Really, not sure I would agree.
Anyway, nice effort

Back
Top Bottom