Klinger's Tribute Shed - 2015 - Master Kush + ?

Replenish the ewc after each run. Favor the high side when adding it. After my 2nd run I added 60 lbs if ewc. After this last grow (bubba and strawberry cough) I only added 15 lbs and noticed a big difference. My current batch has another 30 lbs. The clones that go in the soil in a few weeks will be stellar! :)

Replenish the ewc after each run. Favor the high side when adding it. After my 2nd run I added 60 lbs if ewc. After this last grow (bubba and strawberry cough) I only added 15 lbs and noticed a big difference. My current batch has another 30 lbs. The clones that go in the soil in a few weeks will be stellar! :)

There comes a point where you add too much organic material to the soil. Be careful adding more EWC in the future after what you've already added.

Thanks guys!

As I say, I'm more concerned about the next one than this one being perfect. Hopefully my troubles are just a continuation from the problems I knew I had in veg.

My first 2 kits had 40lbs ewc each, the 3rd one (cooking now for round 2) has 20ish, with another 10 recently topdressed with the Recharge.

There has to be some value in my mess! I don't know how u guys learn anything with all them perfect shits!

FWIW: I am following directions as much as anybody AFAIK. There is the constant "well u have to follow directions" well I THINK I am!! If anyone notices me screwing up the directions I'm happy to be reprimanded! I haven't been creative or used any outside nutes or nuthin!

Thanks guys!

As I say, I'm more concerned about the next one than this one being perfect. Hopefully my troubles are just a continuation from the problems I knew I had in veg.

My first 2 kits had 40lbs ewc each, the 3rd one (cooking now for round 2) has 20ish, with another 10 recently topdressed with the Recharge.

There has to be some value in my mess! I don't know how u guys learn anything with all them perfect shits!

FWIW: I am following directions as much as anybody AFAIK. There is the constant "well u have to follow directions" well I THINK I am!! If anyone notices me screwing up the directions I'm happy to be reprimanded! I haven't been creative or used any outside nutes or nuthin!

But if you have almost perfect plants, why would you wanna learn anything else? That, my friend, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! We've done all the trial and error for you bro! You cannot do what we do in our "seasoned" soil, with new soil! Bottom line :)

But if you have almost perfect plants, why would you wanna learn anything else? That, my friend, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! We've done all the trial and error for you bro! You cannot do what we do in our "seasoned" soil, with new soil! Bottom line :)

I seem to be doing some of the "error" for myself though!

I've been listening to you Scrubbs, jealous of your boredom, trying to rub some of my excitement on you....(excitement meaning imperfect garden that doesn't resemble what the Kit does for everyone else! Seriously I can't find a journal with problems with the kit lol! It makes me feel like a real fuckup!).

I'm gonna have a bunch of great bud, but feel I have a responsibility to the program!

Things to improve and fix do get me jazzed.

I seem to be doing some of the "error" for myself though!

I've been listening to you Scrubbs, jealous of your boredom, trying to rub some of my excitement on you....(excitement meaning imperfect garden that doesn't resemble what the Kit does for everyone else! Seriously I can't find a journal with problems with the kit lol! It makes me feel like a real fuckup!).

I'm gonna have a bunch of great bud, but feel I have a responsibility to the program!

Things to improve and fix do get me jazzed.

Hey, I get all sorts of problems with the Kit! :laughtwo: I look at these other guys, too, and then look at mine ... :straightface:

But I also get the boredom, cause it really doesn't matter. Even when you screw it up, you get great produce. :slide: The directions aren't usually where things go wrong. It's usually just some mysterious soil issue which almost always resolves itself if you leave it alone. In my experience, even if it doesn't, you're still better off not messing with things. With a good EC meter and a soil test kit, you could accomplish something useful. Otherwise, you're shooting craps.

If the soil was mixed and cooked correctly, and the roots are properly inoculated, the Kit runs itself. :Namaste:

Hey, I get all sorts of problems with the Kit! :laughtwo: I look at these other guys, too, and then look at mine ... :straightface:

But I also get the boredom, cause it really doesn't matter. Even when you screw it up, you get great produce. :slide: The directions aren't usually where things go wrong. It's usually just some mysterious soil issue which almost always resolves itself if you leave it alone. In my experience, even if it doesn't, you're still better off not messing with things. With a good EC meter and a soil test kit, you could accomplish something useful. Otherwise, you're shooting craps.

If the soil was mixed and cooked correctly, and the roots are properly inoculated, the Kit runs itself. :Namaste:

Yea, I realize I've got extreme bias, but my nugs are more desirable than all the stuff I've seen from a "healthy" coco grow.

They are starting to look amazing. So much trans and cat their first 5 weeks of flower, gonna try to coax them back to health and bulk with GE through the finish...

The bakery smell is happening! Its like waffles!

Day 39...mistakes still going well...lookout!

messed around with different filters for my "flash" today..card stock, 1 sheet white paper, 2 sheet. 1 sheet best results I think so far.

IMG_20150728_172655_zpspxzwmwuk.JPG

The next 2 pics aren't upside down, I've got some dongers.

IMG_20150728_172544_zpsd4cmcerh.JPG

IMG_20150728_172529_zpsygfxgjoz.JPG

IMG_20150728_170400_zpstfm53hnw.JPG

IMG_20150728_171730_zpstnihi37n.JPG

IMG_20150728_172459_zpsano6qdbl.JPG

IMG_20150728_170258_zps8bbwfpc2.JPG

IMG_20150728_165640_zpseth8tn3r.JPG

IMG_20150728_165434_zps58esg0lp.JPG

IMG_20150728_165424_zpsjszflctd.JPG

IMG_20150728_165358_zpsvobbwcft.JPG

IMG_20150728_165227_zpsf6kwkawk.JPG

I wonder how long this "8" week strain will go on 11/13 in the kit?!

Beauty buds man. Hope mine look something like that in a few weeks!

Re: ewc

My current grow (first run DBHBB soil) is on soil that is on the low end of the range in the instructions. The kit calls for 20-40 lb ewc. I put 10 lb in half the kit, and didn't add any when I topdressed with recharge. Just another reference point. I wonder who else is running on the low side, ewc-wise.

I really like the idea of keeping the soil lean. Makes trouble-shooting easier, and it seems like the plants oughta be more responsive to the inputs we control, when they're running with just enough of the stuff they need and no more.

Anyhow keep it up! You've got a great crop coming in from shed run #1, and knowing that you have specific things to do next round has gotta make you feel good moving forward.

Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Beauty buds man. Hope mine look something like that in a few weeks!

Re: ewc

My current grow (first run DBHBB soil) is on soil that is on the low end of the range in the instructions. The kit calls for 20-40 lb ewc. I put 10 lb in half the kit, and didn't add any when I topdressed with recharge. Just another reference point. I wonder who else is running on the low side, ewc-wise.

I really like the idea of keeping the soil lean. Makes trouble-shooting easier, and it seems like the plants oughta be more responsive to the inputs we control, when they're running with just enough of the stuff they need and no more.

Anyhow keep it up! You've got a great crop coming in from shed run #1, and knowing that you have specific things to do next round has gotta make you feel good moving forward.

Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

I put the normal amount of EWC in for first run and top dress it with the recharge but when I recycle I only add maybe 1/4 of the original amount of EWC at most. I used to add the full amount each recycle and ran into issues around round 3 and it seemed like the soil was just over loaded with worm poop to the point where it affected it in a negative way and I scrapped it after that.

I'm not sure running EWC lean will be beneficial to trouble shooting, the directions work and it's easiest to help trouble shoot the less you deviate from them esp for things like mixing and cooking the soil. The amount in the directions will not harm your plants as long as you cook the soil properly. Just my two :passitleft: Glad you got the kit you wont be disappointed, welcome to the pot snob club :high-five:

Edit just realized you are already underway, o well no worries. I wouldn't skip the top dress though since you went light on the initial amount :thumb:

Thanks guys!

No worries I do all kinds of goofy things like keep pure sativas in 3 gal pots till after stretch and then up pot and end up with not so perfect looking leaves and the buds are always still amazing anyway :passitleft:

You had the root problem in veg right? You probably aren't doing anything wrong at this point, if the root ball was still substandard going into flowering you will see leaf issues during flowering. Since we're not directly feeding the plants with ferts the root ball and proper amount of soil populated by those roots for the plant size is everything to having perfect looking plants in my experience.

I put the normal amount of EWC in for first run and top dress it with the recharge but when I recycle I only add maybe 1/4 of the original amount of EWC at most. I used to add the full amount each recycle and ran into issues around round 3 and it seemed like the soil was just over loaded with worm poop to the point where it affected it in a negative way and I scrapped it after that.

I'm not sure running EWC lean will be beneficial to trouble shooting, the directions work and it's easiest to help trouble shoot the less you deviate from them esp for things like mixing and cooking the soil. The amount in the directions will not harm your plants as long as you cook the soil properly. Just my two :passitleft: Glad you got the kit you wont be disappointed, welcome to the pot snob club :high-five:

Edit just realized you are already underway, o well no worries. I wouldn't skip the top dress though since you went light on the initial amount :thumb:

Thanks Smokey!

I think I am following the directions. I put 10 lb EWC in half a bale. Directions call for 20-40 lb in a full bale.
Did Doc update the directions to add a topdress of EWC with the recharge? Thought that was just something some folks are doing.

Cheers! :passitleft:

Thanks Smokey!

I think I am following the directions. I put 10 lb EWC in half a bale. Directions call for 20-40 lb in a full bale.
Did Doc update the directions to add a topdress of EWC with the recharge? Thought that was just something some folks are doing.

Cheers! :passitleft:

Now that you mention it I don't think the EWC topdress is actually part of the directions. Most do it so I just think of it as part of them :) I would still give it to them if they were mine since you went light on the mix I think it will be beneficial. I have done it before and after CD and before works better IMO. Its good to give the EWC a week or so to get worked in before hitting with the CD which works out to the same time the recharge is due. Second half of CD week and the couple weeks following the buds explode and there is a lot of demand being put on the soil during that time. This is when I first get my Mg deficiencies if I am going to get them also. From now on unless I know the strain wont have Mg problems I am going to give them a Epsom feeding along with the top dress to try and curb that a bit.

This stuff is all flexible and different things work better depending on all the other factors in your grow which is why you see so many variations with everyone still having great results so feel free to experiment these suggestions are just what I have found to work for me.

I grew a couple amazonias in HB and I don't remember them being heavy eaters at all. The links are the middle couple in my sig its been long enough that I don't really remember the detials of it and it was the first and second hb grows for me I think so I was still learning but might be good to take a look at. I did a better job at documenting in my journals back then :rofl:

Re: Day 39...mistakes still going well...lookout!

messed around with different filters for my "flash" today..card stock, 1 sheet white paper, 2 sheet. 1 sheet best results I think so far.

IMG_20150728_172655_zpspxzwmwuk.JPG

The next 2 pics aren't upside down, I've got some dongers.

IMG_20150728_172544_zpsd4cmcerh.JPG

IMG_20150728_172529_zpsygfxgjoz.JPG

IMG_20150728_170400_zpstfm53hnw.JPG

IMG_20150728_171730_zpstnihi37n.JPG

IMG_20150728_172459_zpsano6qdbl.JPG

IMG_20150728_170258_zps8bbwfpc2.JPG

IMG_20150728_165640_zpseth8tn3r.JPG

IMG_20150728_165434_zps58esg0lp.JPG

IMG_20150728_165424_zpsjszflctd.JPG

IMG_20150728_165358_zpsvobbwcft.JPG

IMG_20150728_165227_zpsf6kwkawk.JPG

I wonder how long this "8" week strain will go on 11/13 in the kit?!

Buds look great! My guess is 8 weeks 9 if you like them on the long end. The kit tends to add a week and the shorter cycle tends to remove one in my experience:thumb:

I think I'd be smoking that "8 week" right about now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

thx for the discussion between the pics on previous page!

Buds look great! My guess is 8 weeks 9 if you like them on the long end. The kit tends to add a week and the shorter cycle tends to remove one in my experience:thumb:

Ha! I was thinking the along the same lines...."so the kit makes stuff run longer...11/13 shorter...wtf!?" hehe

Using glr in veg and 11/13 in flower makes em finish faster. Well, that and giving the cat drenches earlier than normal :)

Ran this batch 18/6 per thats what I'm always used to. Next round of veg is going at 16/8. Flower is on 11/13 unless I am trying for extra stretch in which case I'll run the first 3 weeks 12/12 (I did that this time).

Given that its only an 8 week strain, they got their CD's between day 31-35, #2 5 days ago. *shrug?*

I think I'd be smoking that "8 week" right about now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know right?! I've got a penchant for patience, but it is being excercised like Richard Simmons.

Couple weeks to go...Really hoping they will chomp into the GEs they will get over this time.

*edit. got me thinkin....may have to chop down one small branch 5 days before pulldown so we can smoke it while we work.

Foxtailing?!

So....it seems like the biggest and most mature tops are not doing it as much, but the rest of the canopy is pretty uniformly foxtailing with new white pistil growth. Its even coming in a distinct pattern!!

Is this a death-shudder signifying the end? Or signs of new growth that these buds are just gonna keep on truckin!?

Ideas? Chop yesterday? Let it play for a month? If I go with the plan as-is, I think I'll chop in a couple weeks.

IMG_20150801_121054_zpstkyjv0cf.JPG

IMG_20150801_121200_zpsxappqnpg.JPG

IMG_20150801_121033_zps5bjyska4.JPG

IMG_20150801_121231_zpsmm11mimb.JPG

IMG_20150801_121822_zps4ybtodut.JPG

IMG_20150801_121653_zpswfo3n5c1.JPG

IMG_20150801_121337_zpsbkmjco3l.JPG

Back
Top Bottom