Klinger's Tribute Shed - 2015 - Master Kush + ?

... been feeding them with thunderstorms/rainforest on the speaker....

A little clarification on what I did today and using Scrubby's recipe.

I tend to go a little light on feeding it seems like, and I vegged for way too long and ran out of some ingredients(no fault of Docs, just now running out, everyone calm down I got some quarts!). Last time they got a lighter GE drench and I knew that my Cat feeds were coming up in the next or 2 feed cycles (so a transwater was in order anyway). I also have about the same amount of dirt in my pots and have been told by people growing them that they are heavy feeders. With all of this in mind I used this recipe today. They were particularly thirsty and easily drank 10 more gallons than their usual 30, but they also waited a day longer - 3 instead of 2. They got their minty drank down the top in the form of 1.25gal along with about the same in the saucers of plain water. Writing it down..considering if that saucer water should have been spiked with tea?

The canopy/new growth is generally a paler green these days than it was, I'd like to see darker leaves but mature, not old, leaves are shiny for sure, not yellow by any means... There are some damaged/yellow leaves but they are all giant ones on the bottom of the canopy or ones that got jacked by the sharp edges of the net as I finagled it into place.

First sign of trichomes today on the innermost bud leaves. Officially 11/13 today, 20 days since flip.

Things aren't perfect so...destress tomorrow?

Next time they eat will be Cat drenches? Saturday probably....happily wait another week to Cat upon suggestions...

...Brix Sunday or monday am....

They seemed to just jump when they ate today. I could almost hear them singing on my way out.

CAM00926.jpg

CAM00936.jpg

CAM00933.jpg

Some girls won't be tied down.

CAM009301.jpg

CAM00925.jpg

CAM00928.jpg

Tough call on the CD. I think I'd wait one more week, but...

surprised!

That was my question too. They look over-watered a bit.

Youre watering every 2 days bro? Why?

Gotta admit I'm surprised to hear u guys say that, yesterday was 3 days and they were dry, empty pots(no weight), dirt not quite yet pulled away from edges. At this point I thought I was going for keeping some moisture in there. The room is super dry too (can't get over about 39%rh during daytime). I'll let em go longer...but I expect drooping by day 4 and 5. Maybe I'm not giving them enough at a time.

Any comments on my CD timing?

Gonna run over now and DeStress.

Thanks heroes.

Re: surprised!

Gotta admit I'm surprised to hear u guys say that, yesterday was 3 days and they were dry, empty pots(no weight), dirt not quite yet pulled away from edges. At this point I thought I was going for keeping some moisture in there. The room is super dry too (can't get over about 39%rh during daytime). I'll let em go longer...but I expect drooping by day 4 and 5. Maybe I'm not giving them enough at a time.

Any comments on my CD timing?

Gonna run over now and DeStress.

Thanks heroes.

Ah....environmental stress. That explains it. If they're light, water 'em. Don't let them go totally dry, maybe a quart down the top daily.

I thought you just fed transplant bro! If your pots are drying that fast there's an issue with your environment? Im in a 4x4 with 2 fans and my exhaust fan is running full tilt and im not dry in 5 days, and thats only in 10s, which is my feed/water schedule. RH and temp is always spot on 75-81 and 50-60 %.
Do brix tomorrow and give it a day. Lets see if you can get those girls ready for cat on the next feeding. You might wanna do a tsp of epsom per pot too (you can adjust the amounts of salts after you see what it does. Start low and go up cuz you can add but you can't take away). See those serrated edges curling? That's when/why you should start with epsom salts :)

Ah....environmental stress. That explains it. If they're light, water 'em. Don't let them go totally dry, maybe a quart down the top daily.

I thought you just fed transplant bro! If your pots are drying that fast there's an issue with your environment? Im in a 4x4 with 2 fans and my exhaust fan is running full tilt and im not dry in 5 days, and thats only in 10s, which is my feed/water schedule. RH and temp is always spot on 75-81 and 50-60 %.
Do brix tomorrow and give it a day. Lets see if you can get those girls ready for cat on the next feeding. You might wanna do a tsp of epsom per pot too (you can adjust the amounts of salts after you see what it does. Start low and go up cuz you can add but you can't take away). See those serrated edges curling? That's when/why you should start with epsom salts :)

The only thing I can't control is the RH low (I can keep it from going up!). Which is cool I can't get it to create mold and all, but my A/c just sucks the water right out. I can put the temperature to wherever I want in there(I could make it hotter/colder). Maybe I should get another one or 2 humidifiers?

Its at 80f during the day, 68-70 at night.

Docs qt/day seems like a good way to have 12 humidifiers in the room...

Scrubby they got that pre-cat transplant recipe that you posted, yesterday afternoon(10ml trans/2ml tea/1tsp epsom per lady), going back to see how they responded today. They got Brix 3 days ago so I probably shouldn't do it today(?!)...hence I was gonna destress....Brix more like Sunday...

So I misspoke earlier, they have been eating every 4 days the last couple of feeds, they did eat every 3 a couple of times during stretch. Leaves are a bit darker and shinier than yesterday actually but not quite there, still battling epic dryness..

Got a new sprayer and gave them a good douse of destress today.

Next feed is Sunday or Monday, planning on CD#1, along with a Brix.

Humidity is still stupid low....mid-high 30s, pots very heavy from yesterday.

I tied her down anyway!

CAM00952_zps5w3govmz.JPG

CAM00949_zps1lw9npyy.JPG

CAM00946_zpsgu9ewy9z.JPG

CAM00944_zps3unjiycm.JPG

CAM00943_zpsex9nhopx.JPG

CAM00942_zps8wttb8jr.JPG

CAM00938_zpswjryinkm.JPG

So I misspoke earlier, they have been eating every 4 days the last couple of feeds, they did eat every 3 a couple of times during stretch. Leaves are a bit darker and shinier than yesterday actually but not quite there, still battling epic dryness..

Got a new sprayer and gave them a good douse of destress today.

Next feed is Sunday or Monday, planning on CD#1, along with a Brix.

Humidity is still stupid low....mid-high 30s, pots very heavy from yesterday.

I tied her down anyway!

CAM00952_zps5w3govmz.JPG

CAM00949_zps1lw9npyy.JPG

CAM00946_zpsgu9ewy9z.JPG

CAM00944_zps3unjiycm.JPG

CAM00943_zpsex9nhopx.JPG

CAM00942_zps8wttb8jr.JPG

CAM00938_zpswjryinkm.JPG

considering the low humidity they look fantastic!

Does the screen make them more difficult to care for?
If you are already on to CD, couldn't you remove the net for easier access?

Mornin Major...Klinger. If i may....Major...ya , as soon as you commit to a scrog ...your pretty much f...ed for gaining access or moving them around. It's why i haven't done it to date. Bin tempted lots of times ,but unless you have two access points to your plants(front and back) or a really small area your shit out of luck for moving them or lifting the screen as you suggested Major. The tallest tops will be up thru the screen in no time and then your committed .If i had complete access to my girls from all directions , i would do a scrog every time....best way to spread out the tops and branches for max yields hands down. If i was to do a scrog in my lil GR ,i could easily fill the space with one ,big ,longer vegged ,scrogged plant. Cheers guys....oh and Major...hope your weather is finally returning to normall over there! Have a great day Klinger.:circle-of-love:

Thanks for stopping by guys, its such a lift every time!

I've been advised for the size of my room to just stake my plants, and may well try that next time. I have seen scrog done a few ways, but my strategy basically involves flattening the canopy enough so that the scrog has a little pressure on the tops, then try to run them sideways as far as possible, opening up the middle of the plant, and filling the center holes with suckers and secondaries. It looks like from the last 5 node trim (about a week after flip?ish) I won't have to trim out anything to avoid larf, everything should nug and cola up from the top of the scrog.

Its worked well in the past with a different room different strain.....(pulls out last 2 hairs...)

I got 4 lights in a rectangle so overlap in the middle is much better light then what they get up against the walls. As such I wired together 2x4'x8' nets to make a square and arranged them in the middle of the room with pathing all around the outside. 2 of the 4 paths are about 2x the width of the others (the back 2 are wiggle room, the front 2 work room). The 2 plants in the very center will be harder to reach, but 10/12 are super super easy to get to (I guess I'm used to this shit being hard work lol).

Even with the lights turned up we've got another 18" or so to work with that won't be used this round, looking forward to getting some more sativa dominant stretchers for next time...

I hate putting the scrog in because it turns the work area into shit difficult, but its also like blast off to the finish. Nothing left to do but feed and chop. (maybe a little cosmetic prune here and there)

Multiple strains would certainly affect the scrog decision as well.

sorry TLDR: durr scrog

Been thinking and reading alot about my pale yellow fan leaves. (its not everywhere, just some big lower ones, like the plants are eating their own leaves).

Best conclusion right now is that I didn't give them enough GE through the start of bloom and they are nitrogen deficient. They have plenty of reproductive energy from Transplant and Brix, hence the great bud development (was at a friends last night, his canopy looks better but my buds are double the size for the same #days since flip).

I'm considering giving them a nice healthy GE drench next instead of the Cat I was planning on, in hopes to not stunt growth any further and encourage the rest of the plant to get healthy. This would put us more on track start Cat around day 32. Can these buds wait 10 more days to start the Cat regimen?

Thoughts?

Been thinking and reading alot about my pale yellow fan leaves. (its not everywhere, just some big lower ones, like the plants are eating their own leaves).

Best conclusion right now is that I didn't give them enough GE through the start of bloom and they are nitrogen deficient. They have plenty of reproductive energy from Transplant and Brix, hence the great bud development (was at a friends last night, his canopy looks better but my buds are double the size for the same #days since flip).

I'm considering giving them a nice healthy GE drench next instead of the Cat I was planning on, in hopes to not stunt growth any further and encourage the rest of the plant to get healthy. This would put us more on track start Cat around day 32. Can these buds wait 10 more days to start the Cat regimen?

Thoughts?

hey Klinger....yes ,go with your idea...hold off with the CD and give them some GE....and i would also start with some epsoms at one teaspoon /gal. for three times in a row then skip for a couple times. The extra Calcium from the GE and the Mg. from the epsoms may help them out a little. Have you been giving DeStress at a week dose to help with the low RH. Also an idea to get it up a lil more...try hanging some very wet, white towels in the GR some how. That will help some. Have a good night !:circle-of-love:

hey Klinger....yes ,go with your idea...hold off with the CD and give them some GE....and i would also start with some epsoms at one teaspoon /gal. for three times in a row then skip for a couple times. The extra Calcium from the GE and the Mg. from the epsoms may help them out a little. Have you been giving DeStress at a week dose to help with the low RH. Also an idea to get it up a lil more...try hanging some very wet, white towels in the GR some how. That will help some. Have a good night !:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the encouragement to sally forth! (*Grumbling from Sallies third and fifth)

I think the towel idea is out (probably work in a tent, but I have too many hundreds of cubic feet, tried it once at the start), but I've changed some engineering around and think I'm getting about 10% more rh already (the flux capacitor was connected directly to the nuclear power, adamantium washer seems to buffer the issue).

Gonna lightly destress more often fo sho.

I've also run a few epsoms the last couple weeks, maybe 2 tablespoons per plant over about 3 feedings...(skipped once)...

Just a little update:

Starting to learn what happened to my ugly canopy, although I feel strongly that I have healthy plants putting all their energy into some healthy buds.

Problems identified:

-veg was stunted by compacted roots
-ran out of GE and did not support the stretch of early bloom enough with GE (my fault!), resulting in nitrogen def
-identified mag def and started epsom regimen AFTER problem arose (not till after stretch, should have started regimen perhaps the week before flip, the week of flip at latest)
-low rh is already up with daily qt h2o adds to each plant

Things looked basically perfect thru stretch, then as bud began to really form over the last 10 days, it became apparent what happened.

IMO things may have grown larger and better without these problems, but bud development seems great, I have fingers crossed for a happy finish even if they don't look like Scrubby and Docs plastic plants.

The last 20 pics I took over the last 3 or so visits didn't turn out well, I'm a shitty photog.

Does anyone supplement distilled/RO/0 ppm water when using the kit?

Back
Top Bottom