Klinger's Tribute Shed - 2015 - Master Kush + ?

Lots of pics, some little room improvements, some girls showing off....

I misspoke on the last page on an update saying 10 days since flip, it had only been a week. This update is 10 days since flip. Stretch is going about 2"/day, check out the before and after.

June 18, barely as tall as the humidifier, 2nd pic they were pruned to the top 5 nodes.

CAM00764_zpsw3grvszi.JPG

CAM00799_zpsdl0jwk3l.JPG

June 29

CAM00813_zps6ssk7wnp.JPG

CAM00819_zpspvf4fglx_1_.JPG

Needed to diffuse the fan coming into veg as well as block some light, put some roofing vents over the 8" holes (can see them in earlier pics). Also put up these strings with cute little beads to give me a constant easy 40" reference from the bottom of the lights. 2 questions about these lights: anybody suggest running them closer than the 1meter/40" mfg specs? Is it worth running them on the 1150 setting or am I just wasting electricity? (I may have to get annoying and poke around other places for this).

CAM00833_zpsdjgastaa.JPG

CAM00831_zpstlf7mecb.JPG

CAM00828_zps5acy1cbb.JPG

CAM00826_zpsddvfuvcc.JPG

So pretty!

CAM00818_zps2dqmum89.JPG

CAM00812_zpsurdgjfix.JPG

CAM00809_zpswczg8j4z.JPG

I can't even look at the phone any more to take these pictures, they are almost up to my chest, I have to hold it above my head and tippy toe...(admittedly vertically challenged here, us hobbitses like to be near the earth)

They are getting so crazy its tempting to prune but I feel I should wait till after stretch to do so. Planning to put up a net at the end of the week which will spread them out vis a vis their thickass canopy.

gotta get one a them 50 week sativas for the corner.....

Amazing!!! Youre gettin good at this growing stuff huh Brix?! Very professional looking and your girls are trying to reach and choke the lights :)

Thx homie! Little do they know the lights got a couple three feet of string yet to climb!

The one thing I don't like about their design is that whacky ballast. Good thing you have lots of height. In many rooms, it appears you'd lose a good foot of growth. I wonder why they didn't mount them horizontally (?).

Are those the double ended HPS lights? How do you like them?

Yea, Gavitas, they pump!

The one thing I don't like about their design is that whacky ballast. Good thing you have lots of height. In many rooms, it appears you'd lose a good foot of growth. I wonder why they didn't mount them horizontally (?).

They really aren't designed to be used in situations without a ton of height anyway. Most people run them closer than they should, and get bleaching and foxtailing because of it. You only lose about 6-8" with them mounted that way. Also you can get a remote ballast setup for these but it creates electrical interference that will fuck with your AC and other shits, which is its own PITA.

They were designed as supplemental lighting for greenhouses.

So I emailed Gavita yesterday and they responded to me in depth within 24 hours, so fucking cool.

Sent me a worksheet to design lamp placement, gave me tons of specific questions answered info.

The main one I will share now before I go jump on a plane.

The 1150 setting is more efficient in terms of watts/lumens than any other on the lamp. The ballasts are rated at 50k hours regardless. The bulbs will obviously degrade faster at 1150w.

Suggested distance from canopy:

3' @ 1kw
3'7" @ 1150w

Strongly considering raising to 1150w for about a month starting the last 10days of stretch.

cheers!

3 important questions, ifn ya don mind

1. I have not had to put water in my barrel in weeks as it keeps full with dehuey/ac runoff. Do I need to supplement this water as it is essentially distilled? (0 ppm as opposed to my nice tapwater?). I am running an airstone in thar.

2. should I trim up? I feel like I've opened up the canopy with the netting enough to just let it go, I think the small stuff will be popcorn but not larf.

3. The big one: CAT DRENCH TIMING: they are eating about 15-20 gallons voraciously every 2 days. Tomorrow they want more. Is it time for my first Cat Drench?! 15 days since flip to 12/12. It is pretty easy to see from my last update on the 29th, there was only the smallest evidence of flower compared to now.

Turned up the lights to 1150. Net is like ~ 48" from lamps.

CAM00860_zpst46aaqer.JPG

CAM00861_zpsaws1qasu.JPG

CAM00862_zpsts77eanv.JPG

CAM00863_zpszvwypdtr.JPG

CAM00867_zpsmzmzp3og.JPG

CAM00866_zpstwth9tij.JPG

CAM00864_zps529zpl3r.JPG

CAM00870_zps7q7hgmhc.JPG

CAM00871_zpsb5nhcan6.JPG

CAM00875_zpsdz2svemz.JPG

CAM00878_zps69ucowcz.JPG

CAM00880_zpsdexafihx.JPG

CAM00899_zpspfetiaii.JPG

CAM00893_zpsctndtuia.JPG

CAM00892_zpsdf1wrsua.JPG

Thank you guys I love you.

Happy 4th!

FWIW tip burn seems pretty common, but not universal by any means.

^ What Smokey said ^

In general I'd say things look good. Got a few jacked up leaves (very few), no tacoing on new growth though, it is a little pale compared to the dark green of the rest of the canopy.

CAM00916_zpsafmet8hd.JPG

CAM00917_zpshtkkf8cu.JPG

nothing to see here

CAM00913_zpsksky9xmn.JPG

Drank 20 gals today (every 2 lately) did a light GE (total about 20-25ml) with 2.5ml tea/5gal.

Also hit with destress.

Dialed timer back to 4pm off, so now is 11.5/12.5, next week 11/13.

They only stretched for about 12 days, day 16 now.

No sign of pests.

Hey Klinger...wow bud , nice lookin scrog ya got comin there pal! Your gonna be swamped with sticky buds...yee haw! Great work BTW. You got them girls in nice big pots right? Cheers pal!:high-five:

Yea they're in #15s, probably closer to about 8-9gal in each. Gonna add another kit to these 2 for next round to make em full 15s. I kinda screwed up on the scrog but I don't really wanna redo it, heading over now to give em a big transwater before their first CD vis a vis scrubby strategy.

Yea they're in #15s, probably closer to about 8-9gal in each. Gonna add another kit to these 2 for next round to make em full 15s. I kinda screwed up on the scrog but I don't really wanna redo it, heading over now to give em a big transwater before their first CD vis a vis scrubby strategy.

Remember, I gave mine 10 mils of trans, 2 mils of tea and a tablespoon of epsom salts and im using 10 gallon pots growing heavy feeding OGs. Plan and make your adjustments from there. Remember, what worked for me might not work for you bro

Remember, I gave mine 10 mils of trans, 2 mils of tea and a tablespoon of epsom salts and im using 10 gallon pots growing heavy feeding OGs. Plan and make your adjustments from there. Remember, what worked for me might not work for you bro

I can't see any appreciable differences from what I did today, update later.

Back
Top Bottom