Kush DWC grow

Re: LabRat420's latest Kush DWC grow.

OMG I Love Beer Can Betty!!! Love her so much that I want you to not chop her!! LOL. That tasty cola!! Love the updates, and the photog lesson. Still learning here and I appreciate that. Your pics are like eye-candy. Cya soon.

L8ER

Thanks there Grooster. :bong:

I'm saving her for last. That's the main one I want to regenerate that tub for so I can clone her. A dozen of her in one tub might just be in a future grow journal.

I'm in the process of chopping down everything around her so I can get good pix of the whole plant. She's got a half dozen or so nice colas on her beside the main one.

Then I might just enter her in the plant of the month.

Glad you're enjoying the ride.

:peace:

Thanks there Grooster. :bong:

I'm saving her for last. That's the main one I want to regenerate that tub for so I can clone her. A dozen of her in one tub might just be in a future grow journal.

I'm in the process of chopping down everything around her so I can get good pix of the whole plant. She's got a half dozen or so nice colas on her beside the main one.

Then I might just enter her in the plant of the month.

Glad you're enjoying the ride.

Sup Labrat, your daughter still have your camera? I wanna see close-up's of beer can betty! Chop Chop!!!!! :grinjoint:

How close are you to harvesting her?

Seen your brainchild recently? She is a Labrat inspired creation!

:peace: brother, hope all is well with you.

Well it was trim day again. This is going to take for-freakin-ever! I got about 7 hours in until my right hand started cramping up so bad I had to call it quits. No amount of fresh scissor hash could help. Believe me I tried. :bong: :bong: :bong:

Start off with a Big Bowl-A-Colas.
Trim_Feb1210_07.jpg

The journey of a thousand nugs starts with but a single bud!
Trim_Feb1210_08.jpg

I decided to try something a little different for drying this time. Instead of using those little boxes for a slow dry I thought I'd use the wife's food dehydrator. I didn't want the heat, just air flow. Rather than take apart that blow dryer unit and disconnect the heating element I had a bright :idea:.

Why not use one of the exhaust fans I have laying around. So this is what I set up. I hooked up a fan controller that I have running as low as she'll go.

Trim_Feb1210_06.jpg

First, load up a couple of the four trays. Then stack them in the rack. I put an empty in the bottom and one between the two full ones. Weighed each rack empty, then loaded, to get my nug weights. 181 x 0.235 = 42.5 estimated dry grams from the two racks. 75g of nice sticky trim too. You could make a big green snowball out of it!

Trim_Feb1210_01.jpg

Trim_Feb1210_02.jpg

You can just see the display on my little scale in the middle there. $25 from Radio shack. Only weighs in whole grams tho but goes to 3000g and does OZs too.

Peek-a-boo!
Trim_Feb1210_03.jpg

Being Libran I like my balances.
Trim_Feb1210_05.jpg

In case you couldn't read the weight on the analytical balance. lol
Trim_Feb1210_04.jpg

Cute little fox-tail. There were a few buds that had them.
Trim_Feb1210_09.jpg

I'm bagged. That's hard on the ol' LabRat.

A little tip for when uploading a bunch of pix for those that don't know.

When re-sizing and naming your pix use an ordered filename format like Budpic01, 02, 03 etc. After you upload them to 420 you have to show the pic, then larger size it to get the Location URL to add it to your post for each pic. Don't have to do it more than once. Once you have one URL and put it in your post, just copy/paste the whole thing as many times as you need for the number of pics you have. Then just change the last number of the filename in each to make that pic show in the large size on your post. Badda-bing and she's done.

This is assuming that you use a photoshop-like program to resize your pics before uploading. I use Paint Shop Pro 8. An oldie but a goodie. Gimp is a great free full featured proggy that is open source software.

I'm done for now.

C'ya tomorrow.

I find it interesting that you use the same phote editing software I do, even the same version lol. :ganjamon:

Btw those buds looked mondo tasty!!!! :bravo: You are meticulous about trimming it looks like, I am a snip it at the surface if it looks to hard to dig out kind of trimmer lol.

Nice little dryer you have there, here it would dry my weed way too fast, only took a day and a 1/2 for my frost lotus to almost get dry in a box without a fan...humidity gets so ridiculously low sometimes here in the winter.

Gratz on a great grow bro, how much more you have to do?

:peace: from the mountain. +rep if/when I can.

I find it interesting that you use the same phote editing software I do, even the same version lol. :ganjamon:

Btw those buds looked mondo tasty!!!! :bravo: You are meticulous about trimming it looks like, I am a snip it at the surface if it looks to hard to dig out kind of trimmer lol.

Nice little dryer you have there, here it would dry my weed way too fast, only took a day and a 1/2 for my frost lotus to almost get dry in a box without a fan...humidity gets so ridiculously low sometimes here in the winter.

Gratz on a great grow bro, how much more you have to do?

:peace: from the mountain. +rep if/when I can.

I figure I've got at least 7 more bowls like that to do. I haven't even touched the big colas yet. That one bowl was all I did today. This was the first chop off the unchanged tub. Not bad for 92 days without changing nutes if I do say so myself and I do! I have a box that's almost dry that should be ~20g and a 1/4oz of already dry left from the first little trim. I'm gonna be making lots of kief, honey oil, hash and cannabutter with all the trim I'll have when I'm done. That's why I'm so slow and fussy then I have lots of trim to play with. :0)

I'm putting a timer on that dryer. 15 on, 30 off. Then it shouldn't dry the surface too fast. I'll put them in jars before they get right dry. That's why I get accurate weights so I know when there is just a few grams of water left in them for curing in the jars.

There's method to my madness! :rofl:

:thanks:for the kind words and the yes/no/maybe reps. lol

I'll drop by your crib soon. :bong:

C'ya

I was doing some more trimming today and it looks like I better pick up the pace.

The plants are going real purple, stinky and leaves are yellowing all over. Trichs are
still mostly clear but I'll work on the smaller plants first to let the bulk of it mature a bit more.
The fresh buds smell like blueberry bubble gum. My wife usually hates the smell of bud but
she thought this stuff had a great smell.

This pic is under a 23W, 6500K CFL in a sun lit room.
TrimBud01.jpg

This one is the same bud in the window.
TrimBud02.jpg

Can't forget old Beer Can Betty. Sitting in the corner getting faced. lol
Day_88_76_1212_01.jpg

More hacking tomorrow. C'ya

Lucky You!!! LOL Reps ++ for sure. I definately think that its time for me to flower like that. I keep reading you say that the plants with the unchanged nutes is greener and bigger. Since this has been one of the things im dieing to know but just haven't grown enough to know for myself. I dont wanna change the nutes!! I feel like Albert Einstein must have a million times...i know the correct answer like my insides are telling me its not necessary while my logic is telling me there is more under the microscope that might not have been discovered(or leaked to the public) So far two grows without official nute changes except between vegging and flowering. and Im not convinced I need to do that. Especially if my roots are bright white the whole time.
The only logical thing i've ever read i can't find again to reread it. But it basically said that not changing the nutes was only possible by monitoring the ppm of each nutrient in the solution individually. I'm sorry but I'm not going to turn my house into a science lab LOL
Do you think changing the nutes are necessary?
Why or Why not?

Musik :peace: :grinjoint:

Lucky You!!! LOL Reps ++ for sure. I definately think that its time for me to flower like that. I keep reading you say that the plants with the unchanged nutes is greener and bigger. Since this has been one of the things im dieing to know but just haven't grown enough to know for myself. I dont wanna change the nutes!! I feel like Albert Einstein must have a million times...i know the correct answer like my insides are telling me its not necessary while my logic is telling me there is more under the microscope that might not have been discovered(or leaked to the public) So far two grows without official nute changes except between vegging and flowering. and Im not convinced I need to do that. Especially if my roots are bright white the whole time.
The only logical thing i've ever read i can't find again to reread it. But it basically said that not changing the nutes was only possible by monitoring the ppm of each nutrient in the solution individually. I'm sorry but I'm not going to turn my house into a science lab LOL
Do you think changing the nutes are necessary?
Why or Why not?

Musik :peace: :grinjoint:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to monitor each nute separately. Understanding the plant's needs at the various stages of it's development should allow you to feed the plant what it needs at the time it needs it. My first grows using hydro nutes, the nutes came in dry salt form in ziplock baggies with a basic recipe for tomatoes. I'd like to get back to those kind of nutes. It would be easier for me to control a few more aspects of my plants feeding.

As to changing nutes, I plan on writing a synopsis of my whole grow with details of my plans to run my next tub grow with maybe one full nute change. with these plants I'd do it at about the 4th or 5th week of flowering. As it is now I start my clones or seedlings at 300-500 ppm and leave it there until the girls are rockin'. A week before I want to flower them I bump the ppm up to ~850 with a heavy dose of bloom and regular grow and micro. Then switch to 12/12 and in 3-5 days I've got hairs. I only vegged for 12 days in the tubs with these ones. The stretch period needs lots of everything and if you've got bud boosters now's the time to get max flower formation. If not extra bloom and micro with a little grow, ppm ~1500. If you know how long your stretch is going to be letting the plants eat the nutes down to ~650 at the end of stretch is about perfect. Then you can tweak the nutes with later stage bloom enhancers and some more, but not too much bloom, mic and a dash of grow so the ppm ends up ~12 - 1400. The plants feeding will slow drastically as soon as the stretch ends and remain pretty steady with gradual slowing to the end unless there are growth spurts or a change in their environment. If you take regular ppm readings like I usually do you can almost tell when a growth spurt is coming by a more pronounced drop in the ppm over a few days. Adding more lights or CO2 can increase feeding as well. This is a good thing and probably better for your yield than throwing a pile of fancy, expensive bling at them!

This was going to be a 3 or 4 line response but I got carried away like usual. lol If this is any indication my synopsis will likely end up a freakin' thesis. :laughtwo:

C'ya L8r.

Fuckin eh! Pilsner! had me a 6-er just last night! beautiful buds man.

Thanks Labrat420 for your elaborate response. LOL Unfortunately Im still left pondering. "Is it absolutely necessary to to a regular nute change?"
I only wonder because i've read it talked about as not being absolutely necessary but I can't find any scientific evidence to back up either theory. I guess I can do my own experiment but at this time im not ready. And from the results I've gotten thus far I'm very pleased. I just don't wanna find out that I get bigger plants and better budz by res changes throughout every week or so. But so far so easy. I definately liked what I seen from your journal as its kinda reaffirming my suspicions, dont need nute changes every week and the plants can be spaced together closely in reservoirs and spacing like yours and still produce good results.

Musik :peace:

Way to go Rat on saving money on nutes by not changing. Lots less work also but we all know how you feel about unnecessary chores.

I think changing tubs is actually easier, though more expensive.

Watching you work LabRat, I can tell you have skills not every grower possesses that help your plants thrive on one tub. After all the grows you've done, you know a bunch of little things that keep your ladies healthy long after a newb would have root rot or deficiencies.

Just thought I'd throw that in there...

Nice, really enjoying the show. :peace:

The TelCo just got us back up and running and I can't tie up the phone right now, but I'll be back later with updates if the line doesn't go down again.

C'ya

labrat!! its been a while but things look great... i like the dehydrator. glad to see you are hangin in there and kickin some ash. just loggin in to catch up and say hi. party on!!

Hey Lab Rat, - wanted to check in and say how much I'm enjoying watching your grow. Had to smile when I saw you hooking up a fan to the dehydrator - kind of like my drying cabinet. Ya know, you could attach a small DIY carbon filter between the dehydrator and fan, fill that things with nugs, set it right on the dining room table and invite the sunday school teachers over for tea and no one would have a clue. Just a thought ;)

labrat!! its been a while but things look great... i like the dehydrator. glad to see you are hangin in there and kickin some ash. just loggin in to catch up and say hi. party on!!

Hey buddy! It's good to hear from ya! How's your ol' man?

I know you're busy and would show up in your own good time so I didn't worry much.

I'm still pluggin' along and waiting to rent you my chain saw! LOL

Looking forward to an update! :bong:

Back
Top Bottom