Kush DWC grow

Re: LabRat420's latest Kush DWC grow.

You can't manually focus it like you would an SLR or full fledged digital. You can manually adjust various settings for lighting etc. When taking pics under HPS lights I change the White Balance setting to incandescent to get rid of a lot of the yellow and better colour.

:peace:

Thanks for the tip Buddy Wonder if it will help in taking a picture under a 90W UFO LED? Guess I'll find out. I've got an old one legged tripod.....that doesn't sound right.......I've got a unipod I think I'll start using for a little more stability. C U

Thanks for the tip Buddy Wonder if it will help in taking a picture under a 90W UFO LED? Guess I'll find out. I've got an old one legged tripod.....that doesn't sound right.......I've got a unipod I think I'll start using for a little more stability. C U

You've got a UFO? Cool. Try different settings in the white balance to see what gives you truer colour rendering. That's the beauty of digital. No wait for pix and you can experiment all you want for almost free. I hardly ever take my 35mm with me any more. A whole back pack compared to a pocket. lol

C'ya

IT'S 4:20 am! :bong: :bong: :bong: and to bed!

You can't manually focus it like you would an SLR or full fledged digital. You can manually adjust various settings for lighting etc. When taking pics under HPS lights I change the White Balance setting to incandescent to get rid of a lot of the yellow and better colour.

FYI guys, since you don't seem to mind playing with "advanced" camera settings, if there is an option to manually set the color balance on your camera use it instead of the preset ones. All you need to do is grab something that is white, like an envelope or piece of paper, put it under the lighting where you will be shooting, fill the viewfinder with the white object, press the "set" button or whatever is required for your camera, and presto bango! No more odd colors :)

Want to get rid of that ugly yellow tint in your flowering pics?

I had posted a thread about this during my last grow to show how to get rid of the yellow tint from the higher K bulbs. It SHOULD work under a UFO LED system too. All you're doing is telling the camera's sensors what white looks like under the current lighting so it can automatically compensate to render a truer color of what the subject would look like normally.

FYI guys, since you don't seem to mind playing with "advanced" camera settings, if there is an option to manually set the color balance on your camera use it instead of the preset ones. All you need to do is grab something that is white, like an envelope or piece of paper, put it under the lighting where you will be shooting, fill the viewfinder with the white object, press the "set" button or whatever is required for your camera, and presto bango! No more odd colors :)

Want to get rid of that ugly yellow tint in your flowering pics?

I had posted a thread about this during my last grow to show how to get rid of the yellow tint from the higher K bulbs. It SHOULD work under a UFO LED system too. All you're doing is telling the camera's sensors what white looks like under the current lighting so it can automatically compensate to render a truer color of what the subject would look like normally.

Great tip man thanks and a big +Rep to you! :bong:

I'll try it tonight.

I think Fry or MC had an easy solution to the color problem, he says he forces the flash when he takes a pic with the lights on and it "fixes" the color. :peace:

Btw LabRat...cool pics, I always like to see purple. That top cola is huge...do you use beer each grow to add that extra bulk around their waist? :D

You bet! I like my girls on the chubby side! lol

I think Fry or MC had an easy solution to the color problem, he says he forces the flash when he takes a pic with the lights on and it "fixes" the color. :peace:

I've tried that and it sure does show the flowers good but seems to wash out too much stuff. Even when I stand back and use the zoom.

I'm going to try this custom white balance thing tonite when the lights come on.

Thanks for the input you old hippy you! lol

Them are some fine looking buds !! Love that color ! :peace: I'm still waiting for my daughter to bring my camera back !! I missed taking a pic of my first harvest ! Only a single plant but it sure works good ! Can't wait till it's all cured .. Take care Mr. Rat !!

Them are some fine looking buds !! Love that color ! :peace: I'm still waiting for my daughter to bring my camera back !! I missed taking a pic of my first harvest ! Only a single plant but it sure works good ! Can't wait till it's all cured .. Take care Mr. Rat !!

Thanks ol hippy. You are a gentleman and a scholar and there are very few of us left! lol
Damn kid's always walking away with my shit too. Can't live with 'em can't kill 'em! :laughtwo:

You don't have to call me Mr. Rat until the MOTM contest is over.

Looks like it's going to be, MR. Roseman, Mr. Rat and mr. Pit to you! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bong: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take care.

OMG I Love Beer Can Betty!!! Love her so much that I want you to not chop her!! LOL. That tasty cola!! Love the updates, and the photog lesson. Still learning here and I appreciate that. Your pics are like eye-candy. Cya soon.

L8ER

Back
Top Bottom