Kush DWC grow

Re: LabRat420's latest Kush DWC grow.

Must give a real analysis of the medical effects!! For science, you know!
Thanks!

I have ten small boxes of bud drying at the moment representing five different plants. The analysis might take a while! lol

It's gonna be a lot more fun than trimming I'll wager! :rofl:

:peace:

and how can you do fine motor work after hauling and chopping wood?

I'm an old fart. We're made of sterner stuff and tokin' as you go puts the pain off 'til L8r! Those hand cramps can put the hurt on good tho!

C'ya

Yo Budrat!!!! :bravo: Looks like alot of work...but it is a LABOR OF LOVE!!! :grinjoint:

I love buds, so I trim buds!!!! I don't like trimming, but I like buds...humm. ;)

That is a great harvest so far man!!! I love the varied color's, those different pheno's or nutes or what?

:peace: brother

Each of my plants were from seed so they're all unique in their own subtle ways. The fun part is just getting going. Sampling and recording the various stones should keep me busy and baked for a while. :joint:

G'day folks! Two days of marathon trimming has finally got 'er done! :yahoo:

I want to re-veg Beer Can Betty from the tub on the left and one from the other tub.
Different size pots were making this a little problematic until I came up with a sol'n this AM. :idea:
I'll just make a custom lid with two holes for the different pots and put that on a shorter tub with fresh veg nutes!

They've been under 18/6 MH lighting for about ten days now so hopefully in a couple of weeks I should see new growth. I'll just chop the roots off about 4-6" below the pots and plunk them in the new tub. I'll have to make the hole for the larger pot a little small so the bottom of it is level with the bottom of the smaller pot inside the tub.

Tubs_Mar0910_01.jpg

That's Beer Can Betty with the red ribbon between my KaliMist momma and her little girl.
Tubs_Mar0910_03.jpg

Do you think that would pass an electrical inspection?! :rofl:
Tubs_Mar0910_04.jpg

Oh well. Another day, another project. :bong:

C'ya L8r

Oh LR your killing me with that wiring :thedoubletake:... if there's one thing I can stand its a spaghetti mess lol. But on a serious note thats not entirely safe (as if you didnt know ;) ).
Ive never seen a ballast blow but heard of them starting fires. I mounted mine in an ammo can in hopes that it would prevent anything like that happening maybe overkill...
010_Medium_.JPG

011_Medium_.JPG

Are you just relying on the container to provide adequate air-metal-air heat exchange? I don't know how warm those things run so just asking for curiousity's sake. Also did you put a rubber grommet where the yellow wire passes through the metal? Hard to tell from the pic but it does not appear so. If not that's as bad as LR's wiring lol :)

I did glue pads on for a fan but it ended up not needing it the box is a good heat sink. there is no gromet in the pic but there is one on there now...good eye lol.

No its not as bad as LR's because when I close the lid the spaghetti mess disappears lol ;)

Hey! It might be messy but I wire everything almost to code. I tidied up today, put those HPS ballasts away, swept up, mounted my bulb in the reflector and hung a little fan from a spring and hooked it up to my home wired controller to just move the air around and not dry up the clone. Too many things to plug in. lol

My 1000W MH ballasts are in steel boxes with louvers, all nice and pro-like. I was thinking about mounting those 400s in computer cases but then they would take up too much space. It's a lot easier to hang them on the wall. I make sure that there is an air space behind the steel plate they're mounted on so there is some air flow. They haven't failed me in over ten years and twice as many grows! :thumb:

Room_0910_01.jpg

I pre-aerate my distilled water and I gotta get a better reflector!
Room_0910_02.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to get the two plants I'm re-vegging into their fresh tub. I'll prepare the lid tonight and get to mixing nutes in the AM. Good thing is I won't have to mix up small batches of nutes for the momma. I can just steal some from the tub! :yahoo:

Man you've been busy Buddy Nice job. I tried to give you +reps, but you know the story. That wiring looks good to me, you should see some of mine.:smokin: Ah just don't splash any water.:smokin:

By the way, Tiger filled me in on your method of handling a boy for pollen. One less thing for you to do. Sure do love your journals :thumb:

Finally got caught up on your grow, good shit!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor, you deserve it, job well done!!!:thumb::welldone:

labrat,
wow, what a haul....alot of work there, but a lot of enjoyment also....could i ask you to visit my grow and tell me what you think? and...could you tell me about rejuvinating? have one i'ld like to try it on, read about it, but never tried it....again, great job....lavendar:thanks:

great variety labrat. all the buds look delicious. i love the wiring job... my dad is the same way... pretty much to code. it may not look safe but everything is soldered or wire nutted, and "safe". id rep you but i need to get busy spreadin the love. glad to see you are still around sharin your artwork.

Always love to see plants come to a successful harvest.

I can't tell which end is up in this shot. Probably what you feel after partaking of it, lol.

I would love to see Mike Rowe trimming fat nugs on Dirty Jobs. Would be their highest(pun intended) rated episode ever.

Back
Top Bottom