dda-bud-2.jpg

Some pics from yesterday....

Himalaya Orange Diesel:

hod1004-1.jpg

hod1004-2.jpg

Candy Kush:

cka1004-1.jpg

cka1004-2.jpg

3 weeks or so to go on these so am itching to get new beans started but lack of space and light height are issues so I'm going to hang fire until the end looks close enough that I don't risk a slow start on the next bean. At the moment I'm thinking I want to try Dr Feelgood next which is a dwarf auto from ShortStuff as it's supposed to be a wicked smoke and I have seeds for a newly reworked version. Breeder's info says it only gets to 38cm so sticking it in NFT sounds like it could be a laugh.....about 2/3rds as funny as the Candy Kush hopefully :)

3 weeks you say? That takes us to payday or there abouts. Be good to do some bubble with fresh v dry trim and from the same plant too. I like doing dry trim but want to see what difference there is by doing a side by side run. The orange diesel will take some time to trim but like you said yesterday that candy kush will take you and your pal all night. Pre-roll some joints for the night ahead.

3 weeks you say? That takes us to payday or there abouts. Be good to do some bubble with fresh v dry trim and from the same plant too. I like doing dry trim but want to see what difference there is by doing a side by side run. The orange diesel will take some time to trim but like you said yesterday that candy kush will take you and your pal all night. Pre-roll some joints for the night ahead.

3 weeks would get these plants into the 70s day number wise so that might still be a bit optimistic.....we'll just have to wait and see when they are ready.

What screen did you use for the larger lump of concentrate? It crumbled beautifully and made a joint that kicked my arse! :)

My buddy should be able to trim the CK in a couple of hours.....I chop branches and pull fan leaves off and he does the scissor work. By the time I've made a pile of untrimmed buds he's made a pile of trimmed buds to rack up. He could probably make a fortune trimming but doesn't want anything for helping me.....last run he trimmed 25oz and I bought him a bottle of whiskey.

The bigger bit was 120ų, the other was 73ų. Did you put that bit into 1 joint?! Would have made you 2. It does crumble nice doesnt it. That comes from perfecting my technique of making bubble and the lengthy cure that it's had. No lighter required to crumble that hash. That is why i like bubble, crumbles well, smells good and gets you well stoned!

Sounds like a plan pulling branches off then the fan leaves. Just leaves your pal to finely manicure the buds. All the stuff that is manicured gets turned into that brown blob you smoked. Always good when there popcorn too, makes it better and a bigger final yield.

Only problem with bud washing is the extra time and space.....on small plants I can trim myself it's no biggie but when a decent size plant comes down and my buddy is round helping me there's not much room. Hopefully one day I'll have more space to grow and process in but for now I feel it's more bother than it's worth.

Couple of pics from tonight:
room1404-1.jpg

room1404-2.jpg

hope the bud is as nice as the beer ;)

i just washed what I'll smoke, I'm not doing nobody else's dishes, lol.. Bothersome than it's worth? I'm on the fence, leaning more with you than against.. I don't think unwased buds taste bad and it is smoke getting in not eating buds like an apple, lol....

Oh forgot to mention, looking good man, swelled/ing up nicely....

Thanks bud. I don't think bud washing does any harm and did at least wash some bits of dust off. Reckon I'd be more fussed about it if my flowers were covered in beetle poop, smog and toxic foliar sprays though.

Been thinking more on this cal/mag thing....and reading the bumf on the IONIC Cal-Mag Pro it says:

Ionic Cal-Mag Pro is a concentrated plant supplement, precisely formulated to support vigorous mid-season growth.

The simple addition of IONIC Cal‑Mag Pro into a regular nutrient regime can help alleviate common problems often seen by even the most experienced of growers, such as slow mid-season growth, pale and yellowing foliage and a lack of vigour after strong initial growth.

With the HOD this run, and the APA last run, I've had cal/mag deficiency issues around peak growth time and what could be a lack of vigour afterwards so I'm thinking it might be an idea to get some of that and include a HOD next run so I can try it out on the same strain and see if it results in bigger flowers.

Moreover, I found that sweeteners gave Mg in then as well as amino acids. While sugar needs to ferment which takes more time then most indoor grows, synthetic sugars seem to work well. The Mg keeps leaf edges down and help feed bene bacteria. Might want to look at that path too.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I think i will wash some nugs for myself, the rest will get sold as is. Not too bothered about smoking beetle poop or worry too much about insect eggs being lain. Any crap will just get burned off and wont be too nasty on the system and i dont think eggs will lay long enough to hatch. Like i said i will wash a batch of nugs for personal use and have some unwashed nugs too, will do a side by side taste test to see what difference there is along with how they look on the eye.

Needing some help people. Take a look at my journal - it regarding soil choice. Want opinions before getting several bags and finding out i made a wrong choice.

With just a week between flushes (in an ideal world lol ;) ) I guess I'm best sticking to stuff formulated for hydro so it's immediately available. I am starting to look more closely at supplements though.

In soil, no worries; I plan on sticking with the Plant Magic soil and nutes which has beneficial bacteria in it and hope to have a wee soil plant or two on the go soon. Dunno what strain I grew in the PM soil but it tasted real nice so I want to run some other strains in it.

Dunno about adding bennies in hydro though......I think that's what the growth enhancers are the IONIC folk do. I'll try them again one of these days but possibly not until I have the same strain in 2 systems or run the same strain grow after grow and see what does what. Have now got myself a thingy for shooting timelapse sequences so I can hopefully use that for comparing grows using different supplements if I don't have space to do it all side by side. And maybe try some different nutes too :)

Some new pics....HOD looks to be finishing up fast and her appetite has dropped right down. Candy Kush is still munching her way through the nutes so even although she is 3 days older and I think these are both supposed to be 75 day strains she's likely to live longer.

HOD on the left and Candy Kush on the right:
room2104-1.jpg

Some HOD bud pics:
hod2104-1.jpg

hod2104-2.jpg

hod2104-3.jpg

And a great big Candy Kush bud:
cka2104-1.jpg

Not only has she grown big but the buds look to be packing on some serious weight now :)

Hell yeah man, bloody beautiful... Man they fat....

Awesome looking flowers. Nice flush and everything.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks guys :)

Have 3 cubes soaking for me next grow bit not sure what strains to go with.

I think autos again as that leaves my options open for vegging photos and making clones. Dr Feelgood is top of my want to grow list, Candy Kush should probably be top of my grow again list even although I haven't tasted her yet. Also have Afghan Kush Ryder (which might look a bit like Candy Kush), Russian Rocket Fuel and Bud Cannon but can only grow 3 at the most. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom