Kushtie - Dark Devil - Candy Kush & Himalaya Orange Diesel - Autos In NFT

dont get me wrong it would be more of an issue in dwc. You could do 20 grows and be fine but warm temps can attract root rot which is a pain to fix. tricky to use chillers on each tank, would get expenssive for sure. I think the black is for roots growth but then i guess it wouldnt matter what colour it was as long as it dark inside.

Plants look fine so its not really an issue. I have a nft tray same as what you are using at my coco grow. i might bang it in next round as a comparrison grow.

My reasoning for a cool tube was to keep temps down especially in the summer and with bigger or more lights. In a small enclosed space temps could get very hot. I hear what you have said with cool tubes diminishing yields and they not worth it. Perhaps get a small air con unit but that would be difficult to fit and probably really expensive. For sure it would help keep res temps down. Or get one of those fans that produce cold air. Dyson do a stand oval fan. Seen it in action last year and it does produce cold air, that would be cheaper, takes up less room and helps with air movement. It also doubles as a heater too for the colder months.

Hope you can forgive the algae, this is an old pic from my Russian Rocket Fuel grow...

rrf2604-4.jpg

....those roots adapted for oxygen absorption are one of the reasons I'm not keen on going DWC. They seem to be a big reason why NFT tables work so well as the plant has a stable environment and can grow different types of roots that can perform different functions, like it would in soil but with nothing in the way to slow growth.

Harvested my DDA but can't post new pics as I'm running win7 and ie, for now.

I like the look of those Dyson fans with temp and humidity, only problem is they are Dyson so they cost over £500 and probably only last a year.

I had a similar view of dysons a few years ago. My ex-mrs wanted a dyson vaccum cleaner but i was very apprehensive as i thought paying £300 for a vaccum that will break after a year. I said if it breaks we wont get another nor pay to get it fixed. It lasted several years. I think their products now come with a 3-year warranty. Be good to see pics of the harvest and how much it yields too.

I had a similar view of dysons a few years ago. My ex-mrs wanted a dyson vaccum cleaner but i was very apprehensive as i thought paying £300 for a vaccum that will break after a year. I said if it breaks we wont get another nor pay to get it fixed. It lasted several years. I think their products now come with a 3-year warranty. Be good to see pics of the harvest and how much it yields too.

Maybe if you had bought her a Meile it would still be working lol ;)

DDA harvest pics .....

Wet weight was over half a kilo even if I took a few handfuls out but I couldn't be arsed weighing it in batches on my little scales:
dda2703-1.jpg

dda2703-2.jpg

Was loads of resin oozing out all over the place with this one.....

dda2703-6.jpg

dda2703-5.jpg

dda2703-4.jpg

dda2703-3.jpg

Crushed it, great job.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Well done Kushtie, beautiful buds man.

What did you say was your biggest haul from a single plant? Was it not something like 396g? If those plants are anything to go by i think you will surprise us all with a huge yield off those 2 plants and could possibly surpass your previous best from a single plant.

I get the gears into motion soon for my upcoming grow. Will start a new journal as soon as i go out to pick a site next week. Will include pics of pretty much everything from start to finish. Biggest thing is finding a suitable site and then the hard work of prepping it. 8 plants = 8 bags of soil which is gonna require some serious lugging. Also have plans to stop slugs/snails and deer. Have a 2 line defence system in mind so it should allow the grow to go smoothly from start to finish.

What did you say was your biggest haul from a single plant?

368g from a ShortStuff Auto Purple Amnesia is my biggest so far although it's also my biggest fail with autos in NFT so far because out of the 6 auto strains I've put in NFT it's the only one I can find a bigger one of grown by somebody else.

Real nice smoke that one though.....keeps me feeling ripped for ages and I don't feel I've built up a tolerance for it as much as with most strains so it's good for weeks on end of smoking the same stuff and still enjoying the buzz.

Cheers guys and thanks for dropping in.....should be some flower pics from my DSLR soon as buds are filling out nicely.

I recently found out Candy Kush is a descendant of Auto Pounder which could explain the monster beside me.....it looks like it could be my biggest plant to date anyway:cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow, they buds are filling out well quickly. You feeding them steroids? Lol :morenutes:

Still just IONIC hydro Bloom....and pH down to get the res back to 5.6 (or lower!) when it gets to 6.0 or so. Have been trying to maintain a lower pH this run as that what the leaves seem to be telling me to do so I've been trying to limit the time they spend above 5.8 as that's when the orange spots on the leaves seem to appear (mg def I think 'cos availability of it is poor above 5.8).

Calmag deficiencies are easily sorted. Use epsomsalts - cost around £1.20 for a small tub. I had to use that in a bath for pain relief after my op last year. Should last quite a while too. But you seem to have things well under control. Have you ever considered doing sone defoliation? Think it was either thebeast or nutty prof that does that and it does make sense. Lets air flow around the rest of the plant better and gets more light to the lower bud sites too.

Calmag deficiencies are easily sorted. Use epsomsalts - cost around £1.20 for a small tub. I had to use that in a bath for pain relief after my op last year. Should last quite a while too. But you seem to have things well under control. Have you ever considered doing sone defoliation? Think it was either thebeast or nutty prof that does that and it does make sense. Lets air flow around the rest of the plant better and gets more light to the lower bud sites too.

There's calcium and magnesium in the bloom nutes and I'm still trying to stick with the one bottle approach until I reckon I'm banging my head against a brick wall or, hopefully, reach a level of consistency with what I can do with one bottle that I can do controlled experiments with additives from there.

I already have loads of pH down......spots on the leaves just teach me how to use it and it seems like autos like a lot of time below 5.8, particularly when they stretch and start flowering. I'll know for next time now lol :)

Another lesson I've got out of this grow was the droopy leaves on the Dark Devil might have been helped by an earlier switch to bloom nutes as they seem to have less Nitrogen in them and purple strains seem to be known to suffer N toxicity easily. Or maybe more frequent flushing would have helped.....either way I need to start paying more attention and trying to do something about stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom