Kushtie - Dark Devil - Candy Kush & Himalaya Orange Diesel - Autos In NFT

Holy crap those are huge autos. Nice job.

Cheers

Cheers bud. :) Breeder info says 60cm in soil for Candy Kush!

DDA is getting close to the end though.....

dda2103-1.jpg

dda2103-2.jpg

dda2103-3.jpg

dda2103-4.jpg

Cheers bud. :) Breeder info says 60cm in soil for Candy Kush!

DDA is getting close to the end though.....

dda2103-1.jpg

dda2103-2.jpg

dda2103-3.jpg

dda2103-4.jpg
I'm grabbing some of those beans next, just need to choose between a few other strains. Love that plant I just need to learn grow big. My Auto AK is just at 30cm.

18248bc62110c480fea8f3f1c5c95f7c.jpg

Auto AK, Left front, 45 days up, 3 on right Narco Purple 23 days up

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I'm grabbing some of those beans next, just need to choose between a few other strains. Love that plant I just need to learn grow big. My Auto AK is just at 30cm.

Auto Purple Amnesia seems to get nice and big however it's grown and is a real nice smoke and buzz.

The other strain I've got that might look a bit like the Candy Kush is the Afghan Kush Ryder although like other autos soil grows and hydro grows can look quite different. The faster the roots can grow underground, the faster the plant can grow above ground which is why I (mostly) run NFT and get higher growth rates than I do with soil.

Would your little ones benefit from being lifted closer to the light? All look happy and healthy from here though:goodjob:

That was first day under HPS. Shut down veg closet and one grow at last.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I agree with kushtie millertm. Think your light could be closer to the plants. I used to hang a thermometer from the light to the tops of the plants thus giving a good idea of the temps at the tops of the plants. A cook tube is a good way to go if you got the money.

That dda is looking well dank kushtie. Difficult to see what colour the trichs are especially with the different calyx colours. I reckon around 2 weeks till you get to pull down.

Am now pulling my finger out for my up and coming outdoor grow. Got everything planned in theory but still undecided on which plants i will grow. Definitely 3 x russian rocket fuel, possibly 5 x thc auto bomb and whatever 2 free seeds i get from at***ude seeds. Been searching for seeds and have eyes on auto chocolat skunk, purple mazar auto, auto skunk #1 and auto super skunk. So i may change from the auto thc bomb to one of those or perhaps change my mind again. There a lot of autos out there but looking for around growth height of approx 1m and seed to harvest time of approx 70 days.

When I used a wee veg room to start autos they were this size when I put them under my HPS:
rrf0904-01.jpg

With autos there's no time for pretty growth under CFL or T5 if you want a decent yield......get 'em under a big light and hit 'em hard ;)

With the seedlings under the HPS I used an opaque food container as a humidity dome.....clear plastic let the temp get too high but not-so-clear plastic kept it about 28 degrees under my 600W HPS.

i wouldnt switch to cooltube if you can help it and you shouldnt need too in that space. If you do change to cool tubes expect to take a hit on gpw. I have grown with cool tubes for 7 or 8 years and im about to bin them all. They just a gimmick and def diminish light. Even where heat is an issue i think they make small difference unless pulling real cold air through. stick with open shades where you can.

Also the light shouldnt be too close to the plants. Its not just the temps thats the prob, its the intensity of the light. It can damage heads even if you can keep temps down. On an open shade you want min 1ft from plants if not a little more. Ive just pulled over 600g m2 and lights were 18inches above canopy.

Check this out, 1050 barebulb getting warm in spring, 600 not enough, try this, I'm using it.

9e96cc332f10a87b18c1edd54ad1540e.jpg

ec8bbfe4f1486d722a467cd237a98d19.jpg

a3d3fa5c4121052cb4df446cf7c63153.jpg

Much cooler then 1k. Much brighter then 630w.

Cheers

My first run was CT. Bare bulb is much better. Running 800w is much cooler then 1050, I'll see about yeild here in about 60 days.

Cheers

i ran cool tubes in big rooms but i hate them. they def reduce gpw. I am now building all new rooms with open shades only. even if i have to run a couple lights less the more light will make up for it. Parabolics and ope shades all the way. You can cool any room with a bit of experience and ingenuity. I used to buy the best of everything and i always had troubles with something failing or if not its super expensive if it ends up in hands of law. Simple set ups with a mid range digi ballast and quality bulb is all you need.

Simple set ups with a mid range digi ballast and quality bulb is all you need.

Think my light is more low-end as it cost £100 and has an older magnetic ballast with nothing but an on/off switch.

Not sure I'm that bothered about upgrading ballast for more power settings and bulb options.....would like more watts and prefer the idea of double ended bulbs and softer starts but I don't think it's going to be more cost effective than what I have.

My last run I got 1.25gpw from 2 autos with it.....cheap and cheerful lol :)

Wow man. I thought the plants were the other way around as in the diesel was the kush and the kush the diesel. They are some big monsters. Once you cut down the DDA you won't have much room for anything else. Perhaps you should think about doing some defoliation and help the light reach the lower branches. Think your 396g from 1 plant will be surpassed with that kush. Do you think you can fit another in place of the DDA once pulled? And that certainly looks like some major smoke that you will have there. How long do you think it has to go?

Am hoping to get my next grows sorted soon. Keeping it simple. No branded nutes or anything and hoping for a lot of sun from may - july. 2 to be grown on the balcony (it faces south and as up 7 floors they won't get noticed from ground level), and the other 8 to be done guerilla style. More info on the grow on a journal once it up and running. Need to keep costs down hence the reason for non-brand nutes and guerilla will be a visit once every 2 weeks betweem me and a pal.

Cheers lads, at least now I'm starting to understand why this has been working for me as I monitor more stuff.....things like res temps I've been real lucky with as now I have a temp probe which tells me my active nutrient solution is between 22 and 24 degrees most of the time and apparently that's pretty much ideal.

Temps and airflow higher up are probably not so good.....need more fans mounted higher up.

Been thinking about another outdoor grow too.....I want to try a green polytunnel or a wee greenhouse to hopefully keep them a bit drier and warmer than last year.

20degrees is optimal for water temps. 69f. 22-24 is actually a tad warm and will have less dissolved oxygen. However because its a thin film of nutes and lots of roots above water you will get away with it. shame you cant run a chiller cos you would get wven faster growth.

Aye, a chiller or three would be nice but have a few more ideas with reflective materials and insulation I want to try before then. Making the nft systems black seems a bit daft....could maybe do with a chrome wrap with some engine bay heat shielding stuff?

Res temps got up to 27 before the plants were big enough to shade them so I might try fixing something to shade the res too.

Back
Top Bottom