Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

Everything looks great @Lady Cannafan

Are you sure you haven't done this before? :adore:

I was down cleaning up in my grow areas, and I had four jars left in the box they came in.
That I was going to use in the near future.
Anyways, one of my jars must of gone bad; these jar were not inoculated so any growth should not be there.
In the trash this jar is going.

I will update my dairy with images soon.

Aside from that, I am listening to everything that @JoetheChro is telling you. Thanks Joe.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..
:thanks: @Tokin Roll .
THIS, I have never done before. LOL I'm being very mindful of every little change for sure and trying to follow the steps and listen to the guru's like Joe.
I'm not sure what happened with that grow bag, but fingers crossed that it is not bad mold. Have to watch and see.
The guides I received for the jars suggested putting them in the refrigerator to extend the shelf life. Are the unused ones you have in a cool place? I have 6 in the fridge right now waiting for me to continue.
I can't wait to see the first pins.🍄
I am watching your grow, and appreciate those updates for sure.
Take care

:thanks: Tok.
THIS, I have never done before. LOL I'm being very mindful of every little change for sure and trying to follow the steps and listen to the guru's like Joe.
I'm not sure what happened with that grow bag, but fingers crossed that it is not bad mold. Have to watch and see.
The guides I received for the jars suggested putting them in the refrigerator to extend the shelf life. Are the unused ones you have in a cool place? I have 6 in the fridge right now waiting for me to continue.
I can't wait to see the first pins.🍄
I am watching your grow, and appreciate those updates for sure.
Take care
:popcorn: CL🍀

UPDATE: Today marks one week since inoculating the substrate jars.

I have 12 jars in the Grow house, only two are not showing any signs of growth. One of those is the one with the hole not punched through all the way on the lid, and the other actually had a loose lid.
I thought I had tightened all of the lids before I started, but apparently I missed one. I will get some pics tomorrow for a photo update.
I'll be inoculated the final 6 jars, and if there is no sign on the two already in there, I will reinoculate those as well.

Day 8 Update:
There is a lot of activity in most of the inoculation areas. The two jars with nothing still have.....nothing. LOL
The grow bag that looks okay still doesn't show any growth, but those were 7 to 10 days to seeing anything.
The grow bag with the greenish stuff, I'm going to toss out. It looks nasty. I'll post a pic of that tomorrow. Just makes no sense that it would have growth from the spores only one day after inoculation, so I'm pretty sure this is bad guys. Looking blackish now, but I want to get a closer look tomorrow in the proper light.

As soon as I order some more spore, I will be at it again.

I have been doing a lot of research on Lion Mane, Pioppino, and different Oster's for their medicinal uses, very interesting, to say the least.
I have a very old book here that is all about natures historical usage on healing with plants and fungi. It is always an interesting read when I need to look something up.
I'm probably going to harvest some of the Lion's Mane this week, it's growing like a weed. LOL

So, on the negative side, the all in one bag with the unknown fungus is definitely bad. It's got the dark gray powdery look. I have removed it and will be tossing it out. I don't want any chances of it infecting anything else in the grow room.
On the plus side, the other all in one bag has some small areas of white starting. I'm seeing that as a very good sign.
I'll get some pics today or tomorrow.

I have a very old book here that is all about natures historical usage on healing with plants and fungi. It is always an interesting read when I need to look something up.
I'm probably going to harvest some of the Lion's Mane this week, it's growing like a weed. LOL

So, on the negative side, the all in one bag with the unknown fungus is definitely bad. It's got the dark gray powdery look. I have removed it and will be tossing it out. I don't want any chances of it infecting anything else in the grow room.
On the plus side, the other all in one bag has a some small areas of white starting. I'm seeing that as a very good sign.
I'll get some pics today or tomorrow.
I’ve been thinking about trying growing some with the Uncle ben’s rice but every time I’ve gone to the grocery store it’s sold out. I’m thinking someone in my neighborhood is growing scrooms. lol CL🍀

So here is what I believe happened to that infected grow bag. Shipping damage is probably the culprit. I did retrieve the box with the liquid damage signs.
Thinking back on the day I received everything, there was some damage to a couple of boxes. The one shown had the Monsoon Humidifier in it, you can see the wet area. It was packed inside a larger box. The humidifier was undamaged, so I just continued on. The all in one bags were in the same large box with that and that had some damage on the outside but no signs of moisture damage. I think that grow bag had received a puncture or tiny tear in it somewhere when the boxes got damaged and wound up with bacteria in it.

Possible damage in shippingto all in one grow bag.jpg

UPDATE: 11-1-23
This will have to be without photos today, an unexpected snowstorm yesterday caused issues everywhere and my internet signal is still not strong enough to upload a photo.

Good news all the way around. The two jars that I thought I might have to re-inoculate are showing growth in small patches near the top. :yahoo:I think I may not have inserted that syringe needle far enough into those two jars. It needs to be inserted all the way to clear that top layer.

The rest of the jars are looking awesome with the mycelium growth getting thick and spreading.
The all-in-one bag is looking good.
I received a replacement from @Midwest Grow Kits already, and will get that started tomorrow morning. :thanks:

The Lion's Mane is getting big and I might harvest a "bite" of that soon.

It's going so well right now, that it almost seems like I know what I'm doing. :rofl:

Photos tomorrow or tonight depending on connection here.

Very cool!!! Exciting!!!! The first ones I ever grew were Z strain. They were really mellow. The Pan Cyan have been a bit more challenging!! 😎✌️
Hey Hey @Sottay! I've never attempted the psychoactive indoors before. I seriously thought about it a few years ago, but keeping the basement temperatures and humidity in line was impossible. This Grow kit makes everything possible.

So good to have you back my friend. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom