LA's Auto Training!

re: LA's Auto Training!

For sake of interest... And some sort of "standard"... How about leaving one Auto (of the same strain, even though of course we know phenotypes make a big difference) to grow without any training so we have a plant to compare yield with?

I'm really curious because every "expert" seems to say training decreases yields with autos... I'd like you to prove them wrong!

Whats up LA! just woundering about ur soil, u say its 10th Gen i guess u mean uv used it 10 times?:tokin: i want/ need to start reusing my soil and was told ( by shop keeper) not to reuse. He didnt say it in a serious way like its the worst thing u could do, obviously fresh soil is better and i plan on reusing anyway or try the cheaper soils 70L for 8€ compaired to 50L for 16€ of the more advance grow mixes, but the only thing i can think of to easly add to reused soil and thats straight foward is the bat guano aswell. Do u do any other procedures to the soil before use ? Iv been told by a gardener that my garden soil is pretty good so i plan on starting a small soil/ pot size test tomorro with tomatoe plants, since i dont have the privilege to the seeds u do :)

Apparently if you use the bio tabs or if you top feed with the aptus all in one reusing the soil is a lot easier because you dont have to flush it or cook it. I've been using my old soil to sprinkle on all my other house plants seems to work.

Ha :)
Ok I reuse my soil in total! The key being the state you previously left it!
I run my soil to a blank point each run, with only water for the last stages etc so the soil has been drained of all nutes etc. Then I used to use the part one from D&S to mix in, now though as said I use Great White and bat guano.
Now I also run a Live soil using only RO water, I also run hydrotopps microbes during my runs. So the soil may be depleted of nutes but its rammed full of the good stuff/microbes/beneficial bacteria etc. So I simply bag my used soil up in bin liners in my kitchen cupboard and add more GW and guano. I leave all broken roots etc in there. It sits for no more than a month before being used once more!

Anyway like this you have a charged soil full of microbes etc but no nutes so you start off with a soil that you can add nutes to from the start if required.
I'm at present starting to work with ashes etc like Palm or sugar cain ash. That's all new to me though :) yet all I'm doing really is supplying the soil with bennies to populate the medium.

All these bought soils are awful lol. Full of nutes to last a month etc. I want a blank canvas where its up to me what's in it at any given point! :)
I've been told mold and other factors should be an issue for me but so far not one bit!.

So yep yse RO and keep yoyr soil alive, populated full of the good bacteria and you don't have to worry on the bad! :)

nice post , i bred bad bacteria to feed my good , air tight brew then fed it to my compost tea which had an air stone in it :)

P1060504.JPG
P1060504.JPG
P10605191.JPG
P1060544.JPG

you will really enjoy this LA , after i brewed my stuff and fed it to my good i drenched my soil with a strong mix then left it for for weeks and just fed the soil some seaweed extract and molasses , this is my first doing this so we shall see how it goes ,

the video is brill very funny guys ,

Yeah soil sellers will always tell you not to reuse for their own sales lol. No issues at all from where I'm sat :)
Plus it just makes more sense as you know then what your working with at all times :)

Happy 420 back at ya all :)

True. Im on my 3rd/4th run with my soil and its only getting better! Like fine wine lol
Happy 420 LA :)

Training an auto!? Wait! Some one slap some sense into LA! This goes against all rules!

This is madness! :loopy:

:thumb:

Rules are for wimps lol :)
Nah just messin, I freely admit to being a little bonkers! I just like messing around and finding out for myself! Too many folks just nod along with what's supposed to be set in stone. The way I see it with all the sponsors etc that this great community has given me, I owe some good solid info back. That's why I openly share the bad with the good. Also why to me experimentation and sharing of my results, whether good or bad is of far more importance than a crop for myself!
I'm hoping with so many going at mo, ill be able to cover different styles and pot sizes etc. Show a real spectrum of results. Then after all that I'm doing a proper run with my old tried and trusted training of autos. Ill be going for 10s on that run :)

Back
Top Bottom