LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Yup mean way to learn from actual hands on farmers! Rolling the very tip of ye flowers between ones thumb n forefinger does same thing...pretty sure i seen it in one of my grow bibles whilst educating...quite possible was one of"Soma" or "Jorge Cevantes" pulished works.Simply put - phat tip!

image25196.jpg
image25197.jpg
image25200.jpg

WOW Ottawagreen they look good enough to eat :) I tried bud back building on some plants that had pretty much been near death (grow is in my sig). The difference between the plants that were back built and the one that wasn't was pretty massive. Buds seemed to be growing out everywhere even while I was trying to flush. I love this technique, thanks Light Addict, you ROCK :)

I appreciate it too, buds seems bigger overall. That is quite the weird mini fox tails look though...

My big ass lady is doing that except even worse. Check it out in my 2nd journal, I think most would get a kick out of it. I'm nearly positive I back built most of it too. I'll post up some pic's when my best stuff is completely dried that I back built.

Hi nice guides. Very helpful! Long time lurker here considering options for first grow attempt...
Would this technique work on autos?

Yep it works on autos, the timing is just slightly different :)

Cheers.. I'm guessing to do it sooner on the autos? Give em bit more time to react??

I was going to post pictures but I realized I didn't have any worth taking a shot of.

What I can tell anyone reading this is that I definitely approve of this method! The buds I did back build I've noticed are definitely more dense than the ones I either missed or intentionally left alone to see a difference. It didn't add an extra pound to my yield, but it definitely made a difference and for the time invested I would say it's well worth your time whether you're gaining a few ounces out of a huge grow or even a few grams out of a smaller setup.

5 stars LA. :thumb:

Here's an auto I snipped last week,, repaired and building... have done all topson all six autos this run, and zero regrets....thanks again, LA

20150616_140656.jpg

20150616_140631.jpg

Snipped the top little bit and did another side bud we shall see and thanks LA for the experience you share if you'er ever down south a bit :passitleft: Im always up to share a bit of whatever I got

LA, question for you. I thought I read somewhere that you said the fellow who taught you this originally did it (maybe it was a mistake originally) for bag/bud appeal... but later after doing again felt it made the buds bigger, even slightly? Or did I misunderstand?

The guy that passed this little trick on was a good mate and he said it was for denser buds and bag appeal at the same time. He was a factory grower on a huge industrial scale and must have seen something in the process he liked.
Then I found 420 and realised lots of these little tricks weren't known or certainly weren't shared openly. So I wanted to share with everyone here as it's all about moving things forward with a shared passion. That's why I am the way I am on here sharing good and bad alike and just wanting to try new stuff and learn all I can still ;)

Thank you. It makes sense to me. You stop that vertical growth with the snip. Forces that node, branch to send growth to other areas on that stem/node. Of course, I could be wrong.

Kinda along the lines of topping it.

That's how I have rationalized it. Exactly. This past spring I topped some aborvities,, trees,, I top bushes,, they grow wide. Maybe it's width that may have been height,, but I'm ok trying!!

Thank you very much for sharing this Light addict; these pro tips really make a difference for your fellow growers!
I think this is also of interest for the personal grower, who doesnt want denser buds?
Reps+ and thank you very much again!

Edit: I hope you dont mind if I share this thread in my signature!

Back
Top Bottom