Lavendar's - Continual Harvest - 5th Grow

ok, ok im comming.....

brainstorm, 2.25oz dry wt....
linda-10-2-10_056.jpg

very stanky, smells like a pine forest...eye burner....few seeds....

gnome bucket:

linda-10-2-10_046.jpg

old skool grow, growing bigtime...
linda-10-2-10_047.jpg

ducksfoot:
linda-10-2-10_041.jpg

linda-10-2-10_039.jpg

humboldt, ducksfoot, and nycd

linda9-28-10_041.jpg

columbian gold;

linda9-28-10_040.jpg

humboldt;
linda9-28-10_038.jpg

brainstorm the day it came down

linda9-28-10_037.jpg

blackberry, the kali
linda9-28-10_034.jpg

brainstorm

linda9-28-10_032.jpg

blueberry

linda9-28-10_030.jpg

L.A.confidential

linda9-28-10_025.jpg

ok, thats all for now, lots more but need to sort thru them....enjoy, L:thanks:

funny,
cant do a report on brain storm for you yet funny, shes not done...but the quick dry was killa...the first time i grew her she was a keeper also...so expect the same this time...L:rollit:

QUESTION FOR YA'LL: ok so I went and bought a cloner a few weeks ago, a botanicare 8 slot with water pump for spitting water onto the cuttings.. etc etc. Anyways, the directions say to mix the cloning solution into the reservoir, but I all I have is cloning gel and it didn't mix very well... liking throwing globs of goo into water. So on top of leaving the cloning solution in the water, I covered each of the ends as well. Its been 10 days now and no roots what so ever. Am I doing something wrong? Is botanicare known for terrible cloners? Or should I buy a different cloning solution to mix better with the water? Any suggestions would be great :D

QUESTION FOR YA'LL: ok so I went and bought a cloner a few weeks ago, a botanicare 8 slot with water pump for spitting water onto the cuttings.. etc etc. Anyways, the directions say to mix the cloning solution into the reservoir, but I all I have is cloning gel and it didn't mix very well... liking throwing globs of goo into water. So on top of leaving the cloning solution in the water, I covered each of the ends as well. Its been 10 days now and no roots what so ever. Am I doing something wrong? Is botanicare known for terrible cloners? Or should I buy a different cloning solution to mix better with the water? Any suggestions would be great :D

hi west guy,
i dont think any are better or worse, i use the buckets, they are only 49.00, i use juicy roots gel in one and clone x in the other...cant see any diff...here, it is still iffy on the clones, the water is too warm....and no, sometimes it takes me 20+ days to root...not sure why....i just let them go, they either die or get roots, sorry i dont know more....im just cloning in water...but i dont know alot about it....the guy at hydro said i could use either, but, he recommended the clone x ....but i had alot of the other, so i use them both...and until i use it up, i will....i seem to get the same amt. of clones using either....L:rollit:

DAMN. Nice grow!
You inspired me to register here.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
I hope I can start growing soon, and I will aspire to have such epic grow rooms as you do. :welldone:

Speed of cloning is dependent on a few things and I am sure quality of cloning compound is one, temp of water, etc...but there are other factors too.

The right place to pull them from the mother is important for speed of rooting. Top meristems while they are the producers of auxin's because auxin's fall, have low auxin counts and not alot of carbs built up in them yet. So pick lower less vigorous branches (seems backwards) and they root faster.

Definitely stay away from where the stem is woody at all either.

Another factor is the strain itself. Maybe the one you are working with roots slower...genetics...:hmmmm:

:peacetwo: Hope I was more help than hindrance.../hug for you too lavendar

DAMN. Nice grow!
You inspired me to register here.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
I hope I can start growing soon, and I will aspire to have such epic grow rooms as you do. :welldone:

and thank you...nice to hear....was a dream thats evolving....some kinks along the way...but its been fun so far..again thank you...visit anytime...L

Hi Lavendar! :)

Damn! I misplaced my form letter! :smokin:

Columbian Gold is aways looking Beautiful! :yummy:

Got to try that brainstorm....looks so good. They all do!.

Back later, feeling sick, got to lay down. :smokin::smokin:

yea, nearly had a stroke tonight...you know that blueberry i was watching so close...did it again, only this time i just ripped her out....i think i may hate hermies...and the male flowers were microscopic....actually had to look at with a scope...never seen any that small...looked like yellow bumps....so then i drug every pot and plant out and looked them all over....so far so good....found one male flower on the blackberry, but normal size, will have to watch closer....death to all the blueberrys now....one clone to kill off also...will try another again someday...thanks for comming by...L

thank you...visit again...L

Sweet pictures with the led lighting, it looks like aliens.

yea, i kinda like that unearthly celestial look it has....hard to diagnose problems tho...have to take the plants out to look at really good tho...but it sure is purdy...lol...L

thanks for the visit all...L

Looking Great there Lav. If that herb brainstrom is good them seeds are nice to have. I don't care what anyone says, seeds grow better pot. I've done all that start same date with 2 toppings my seed stock is as big and bushy as alot of clones. And once the get vegging seed seems to blow clones away in growth. My thoughts sorry to babble. That ducksfoot seems to be growing what I call 'close your eyes' Donkey Dicks. Nice big cola's going there. GL Lav And Keepem Green

Speed of cloning is dependent on a few things and I am sure quality of cloning compound is one, temp of water, etc...but there are other factors too.

The right place to pull them from the mother is important for speed of rooting. Top meristems while they are the producers of auxin's because auxin's fall, have low auxin counts and not alot of carbs built up in them yet. So pick lower less vigorous branches (seems backwards) and they root faster.

Definitely stay away from where the stem is woody at all either.

Another factor is the strain itself. Maybe the one you are working with roots slower...genetics...:hmmmm:

:peacetwo: Hope I was more help than hindrance.../hug for you too lavendar

west guy,
now he is worth listening to, and all that auxin stuff is very true....totally agree....he would be a great teacher for you...lol....L

HUGS back at ya, mh....L
i'll be over as soon as i get some baking done...L

Looking Great there Lav. If that herb brainstrom is good them seeds are nice to have. I don't care what anyone says, seeds grow better pot. I've done all that start same date with 2 toppings my seed stock is as big and bushy as alot of clones. And once the get vegging seed seems to blow clones away in growth. My thoughts sorry to babble. That ducksfoot seems to be growing what I call 'close your eyes' Donkey Dicks. Nice big cola's going there. GL Lav And Keepem Green

yes, i think the seedlings do also...phenom. growth rate....the only thing i like about the clones is the age factor, and not buying more seeds....yep, i like a few seeds here and there....as long as i know whos who...or think i do....nature always finds a way....babbling very much allowed....and yes, the df. is really growing....hope it keeps up....has no taste at all...no smell, just bland, but so far a real nice buzz....next time will do it all the way inside....L

yeah, were going for the dispensary thing too, only no one knocking down the door here so its ez to age it for that long....just one patient so far, and hes a light weight, so wants little....and we can only smoke so much, so has to go for oil or hash...no choice...have to watch the accumulated totals...busy doing cookies at the moment...take care...L, will get more photos up soon...

Sorry about the blueberries, but it had to be......and they made you work harder too! Ingrates! :smokin::smokin:

yep, hate to lose one like that, but it was "a bad seed" to begin with, i got one of the ten percent when they fem that was a hermie...was due....no one gets all the good ones....i had to plant 3 hawaiin snow to get the one seed to germ...they all just quit on me....this one is fine so far....when the blueberry went in, there was no one around it to be affected, and the pollen doesnt live that long in the heat....so feel better about that....i really do want a couple of seeds off of the blackberry....it is the indica type....bought ten of them and so far 7 were males....i think i have two left....dont want to have to start another....she sure is pretty...
bought another from another co. thru single seed, the same one you have, i think it is sativa dom....which would be nice....but not ready for another sativa yet...have a bunch comming up in the old skool stuff....
I put another plant in blueberrys place, another "color" plant...a twilight, one that jason had hermie on him....so maybe this one willl be a good one...hope so, i had to buy 5 of them....every so often when you buy fems you run into this....who knows who the ten percent hermies are....they cant know anymore than we can...you buy the seed and take your chances....should be better, but it isnt....so we go with what we can...like the seeds i get...i figure that same ten percent is there...another reason i clone, but then that growth spurt and vigor isnt there....the clone is the same age as the mother and it really shows when you go to flower...it immediately goes into flower...and the whole system is pretty well developed, but that burst just really isnt there....each has its own advantage....i really didnt like seeds at first, having to deal with all that gangling stage, but i do see it has its place...i guess the only way to get a true female is to grow out reg. seeds and see which is female....less chance of hermie...BUT...then you have the stress,factor all in there, and last summer was awful with the heat...so i may be looking at alot of plants that will have to be closely watched thru out the grow, just from that stress alone...oh well, no one said farming was ez...guess thats why everyone doesnt do it....take care...got to get going...was up all night with a sick dog...upset stomach...so had to be doorman all night long....feel like i got no sleep at all...she had to go out six times last night...pooor theing....she is soooo good tho....always woke me up....just like kids....only dont talk back....time to get busy....L....today, i got a house to clean and clothes to fold and more cookies to do, the special ones this time....then im done til eve...:thanks::lot-o-toke:

Hello L sorry about the hermie, but as you say the law of averages caught up with you. The rest of your stuff looks great though (as usual). Very busy now with harvesting, haven't even posted on my site yet about it! Too many pics and no time to upload them! Harvest or post pics? Hmm, harvest!

I'll get on it though eventually and catch up with all of you. All the best!

Hello L sorry about the hermie, but as you say the law of averages caught up with you. The rest of your stuff looks great though (as usual). Very busy now with harvesting, haven't even posted on my site yet about it! Too many pics and no time to upload them! Harvest or post pics? Hmm, harvest!

I'll get on it though eventually and catch up with all of you. All the best!

take your time...doing it right takes time, and some others get put aside, a time for each and to each a season....or some such stuff....
not bummed about the plant...i was due....now that it may be over with for a while, breathe......tried some new stuff on the plants last night....added bud factor x to the first 6 wks ferts....so gotta watch them close, and the colored ones i added purple maxx to....we'll see...hope i dont burn them...but will never know unless i try....so now some plants look like they have flags on them...3 diff. ribbons....just follow the ribbons....tonights a water night so will go look at them close again...need to move a plant over....blue majestic is going in the 4x4.....needs to be repotted and all that goes with it....will post later....will try to take some pics at least tonight....L

Lav,

I understand the apprehension with the Purple Max. You are a great grower(sounds generic but I was unsure how to say it).

Try this, you understand that certain strains require different regiment's. This alone is not enough to set you apart from the rest. Most people know that certain strains require a different kind of "love", for lack of a better term.

What does set you apart, is your ability to apply what you know and adapt to those changes. I have every confidence that you could take every product on the market and come up with a way to make it work.

Keep it up L!

Back
Top Bottom