Light snobs

I dont care i will slam blurples whenever possible.
they are junk unless you plan on flowering a single cola lmao
OP uou can buy a qb for 150$, how much did the blurple cost? 200$ for a viparspectra? ill stick with the qb thanks

So which one is the single cola and what are the other cola's called then? ;)

And for most folks a $150 QP is some nasty stuff, even in a legal State.

i dont care blurple sucks, pictures are deceiving.
you didnt grow all those plants under a single vipar 600
can say this and that online, i know with my noobness and the drying method i learned here i grew some pot that is caked in trichs. i wasnt going to chance any grows using a vipar and i dont think in my tent i couldve grown anything close or in that amount.
better options out there in 2019 than to reccomend a noob buy one when there are chinese strip style not blurple lights.

so yeah once again blurple sucks and unless you are so freaking broke you cant afford THE SAME PRICE you got better options than blurps mcgurps

my thinking was to grow a single massive cola because thats about as much effort as i wouldve put into the grow

Viparspectra 450:

IMG_20190506_191901432.jpg

IMG_20190516_005600548.jpg

IMG_20190515_091642943.jpg

IMG_20190506_204105455.jpg

Glad to see my post generated allot of conversation. I didn't plan on posting again because it seemed like people are just responding to direct previous posts rather then the thread from beginning. I stated in my intital post n then again and NOw AGAIN . I am not talking about taking pictures or diagnosing plant issues, natural light is best. I'm talking about the stance that if it's not a pure white light it's garbage( just saw this posted) and I'mma let you know!. which many HIDs , LED n some full spectrum lights fall into this category.just trying to weed out misinformation about thread topic.

It's just plain ignorance @MidnightMann . LED's were the shit till QB's came along. Cheap lights only work bad for bad growers. And this site is FULL of purple pics, I imagine anyone with an injury that truly is caused pain by a purple picture has long since moved on. Just snobs being snobs.

Maybe I am ignorant to the plight of the afflicted, and I'm not disputing the claim that pictures can cause pain to those with such injuries. Just curious how or why someone who has a TBI that is sensitive to purple pictures would hang out on a site that is constantly inundated with purple pictures with absolutely zero probability that it will cease any time soon. If they continue to hang out, I'd contend that they are using that statement for other purposes.

Also, concerning the actual topic...just about all of you QB people grew with purple light and were thrilled about it. Don't lie, we know you did. It was the shit when you had it, now all of a sudden it sucks. I've spent a fair amount of my life proving it's the person not the tool that causes success. This is just another example.

i dont care blurple sucks, pictures are deceiving.
you didnt grow all those plants under a single vipar 600
can say this and that online, i know with my noobness and the drying method i learned here i grew some pot that is caked in trichs. i wasnt going to chance any grows using a vipar and i dont think in my tent i couldve grown anything close or in that amount.

Yep that one in my cabinet is a "300w" El Cheapo brand LED (draws like 135w from wall), those 4 plants is in an approximate 3' x 3' footprint so I have 2 600w same LED (not sure what they draw as I don't recall what specs said). Bought the smaller one 3 years ago as started in a grow cabinet and the other two two years ago and they still making decent flower for me. Growing not for everyone, and much like a new car new electronics takes a dump in value if you use it (drive it off the lot in a car), and you try to sell your slightly used equipment as nobody in their right mind will give you 50% of what it cost you if you find out growing not your thing.

Back on original topic, only time I see folks complaining about the Blurples like that is when someone says "what is wrong with my plant?" "what are these spots on my leaves?" "what is wrong?" or the ever popular "help". As it is hard enough trying to help someone when you have to play 20 questions because they don't give you any information required like in the "how to ask for grow support" sticky, let alone if you can't even tell what color of green the leaves are (or if they are even green for that matter) with a Blurple picture. Has nothing to do with being a snob, same as the folks with the "can I grow plants with this household light bulb, yeah I suppose you could but it's not going to work very well unless you have about 40 of them.

Because they like to grow weed?

So who's fault is it when they get pain from the inevitable exposure?

As it is hard enough trying to help someone when you have to play 20 questions because they don't give you any information required like in the "how to ask for grow support" sticky, let alone if you can't even tell what color of green the leaves are (or if they are even green for that matter) with a Blurple picture.

This isn't going to stop either. It is the nature of support. People in panicked "help me" mode here are typically new growers right? New visitors also. Nobody reads the stickys, they are in panic mode. They want help fast. Tell them what you told the other 300 people you already helped about the proper information required to be able to provide support and move on to the next one.

So who's fault is it when they get pain from the inevitable exposure?

This isn't going to stop either. It is the nature of support. People in panicked "help me" mode here are typically new growers right? New visitors also. Nobody reads the stickys, they are in panic mode. They want help fast. Tell them what you told the other 300 people you already helped about the proper information required to be able to provide support and move on to the next one.

The people who despite constant comments and reminders across the site continue to do so. One of them wears grow glasses while surfing the site to help. But it's obviously a pain in the ass doing that. We used to do "blurples warning" at the top of a post with them in it so she could put them back on before she got to the pics. A little consideration goes a long ways.

Or just keep the knowledge to themselves? No one has to be here to help new folks out. They do it because that is what they like to do.

If the new people won't read the basic info that's already written why would they read anything newly written?

The people who despite constant comments and reminders across the site continue to do so. One of them wears grow glasses while surfing the site to help. But it's obviously a pain in the ass doing that. We used to do "blurples warning" at the top of a post with them in it so she could put them back on before she got to the pics. A little consideration goes a long ways.

Consideration is fine if you know you need to be considerate. How many new people who come here think "oh I need to be concious that someone might have a TBI and be triggered by my purple pic"? Zero. Also, that afflicted person should absolutely be expecting purple pictures based on past experience, or they are the ignorant ones. It shouldn't be on the poster to warn him or her.

If the new people won't read the basic info that's already written why would they read anything newly written?

This has not been my experience here at all. I can't think of one instance where someone who was serious about getting help here that had initially asked in a non compliant way said "NO I'm not going to give you the proper information, only help me with what information I want to give". I've only ever experienced "oh, ok here you go..."

all im saying is for THE SAME EFFIN PRICE you can buy a BETTER LIGHT THAN A EFFIN BLURPLE
so stop reccomending noobs to buy a blurple as a first light
mars hydro lady has been on here multiple times saying they sell a mars hydro TS 1000 or whatever the F for 150$
SAME PRICE AS A VIPAR
better light than blurps

problem is people growing with blurple TAKE PERSONAL OFFENSE the moment ANYTHING is said about blurple

i have a par meter, lets compare ppfd 12” away from the light, and thats the proof that blurples cant give high enough ppfd for a SINGLE LIGHT to grow more than a QB

noobs getting into growing HAVE BETTER OPTIONS FOR THE SAME PRICE than buying a blurple
TELL ME IM WRONG, cmon now wtf

TELL ME IM WRONG

You're wrong.

I bought a Mars Hydro II 700 for $95 bucks, it pushes 285w at the wall and covers a 3x3 in flower pretty nicely. I bought two Mars Hydro 300's for $35 a piece, they push 130ish at the wall, Ive got some nice fat buds stewing under each of those. I bought (2) knockoffs that pull 100w each for $12 a piece my adopteded plants really prefer them to being trashed. My Viparspectra Par 450 that pushes 202w from the wall ($125) just produced (2) 1.5oz plants, on track to bettering that result this round.

I'd need 6 single panel QB's at a minimum to get this coverage. At $150 a piece (they cost more than that) my math says I actually spent $279 and I would have spent $900+ on QB's.

Would I get better penetration, bigger buds, more ounces? Yes. Do I care if I only look like Magic Mike and not the Hulk? No.

You're wrong.

I bought a Mars Hydro II 700 for $95 bucks, it pushes 285w at the wall and covers a 3x3 in flower pretty nicely. I bought two Mars Hydro 300's for $35 a piece, they push 130ish at the wall, Ive got some nice fat buds stewing under each of those. I bought (2) knockoffs that pull 100w each for $12 a piece my adopteded plants really prefer them to being trashed. My Viparspectra Par 450 that pushes 202w from the wall ($125) just produced (2) 1.5oz plants, on track to bettering that result this round.

I'd need 6 single panel QB's at a minimum to get this coverage. At $150 a piece (they cost more than that) my math says I actually spent $279 and I would have spent $900+ on QB's.

Would I get better penetration, bigger buds, more ounces? Yes. Do I care if I only look like Magic Mike and not the Hulk? No.

you didnt buy them new, im talking new lights. anyone can search for deals.
only reason you cant find qbs at yhat discount is because people arent getting rid of them.

this isnt even a arguing point, blurple people will fight to the death justifying their blurps.

im not doing bargain bin anything, i work and make more than enough money to afford quality and at my age I DONT HAVE THE TIME to search for deals and wonder if im not buying something broken.

i pay for peace of mind, qbs give me peace of mind and the flexibility TO NOT WASTE MORE TIME when i have the space for a bigger tent.
saves me days of waiting (unless you pay for better shipping) buying a single light rather than buying one, then buying another one, and another one.
i have a small space, i am following the legalities in my state, thus i want THE MOST BUD POSSIBLE IN THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TIME. which includes waiting days for shipping.
qbs afford me that. seriously what are we 15? you are telling me if you had the choice you would buy THREE BLURPLES I STEAD OF A SINGLE QB?
i really dont even know wtf the argument is here, qbs are by far better than blurps THATS A FACT
you can get a qb for the SAME PRICE as a BRAND NEW cheapo blurple.

im not bargain shopping FOR ANYTHING online, i dont sweat details, id rather pay a quality business for a quality product and NOT HAVE TO SECOND GUESS MYSELF by buying an inferior light

also you posted a picture of 45 dry grams from a 285 watt(actual) light.
did i ever say the light WOULDNT grow pot?
you can buy flourescents and grow pot.
when i say the light sucks im talking about EFFICIENCY
if you want i can grow a plant under my bathroom incandecents and post some pics of that plant and then say its a good lightbulb because i got some bud off of it

this isnt about whether a
light can grow a plant.
this is about efficiency of a light you couldve spent the same amount for and gotten better.

i know this all falls on deaf ears anyways, dont even care i got a qb because pot isnt my main source of income anymore and i have more than enough money to spend 350$ for a brand new light that will grow me a lot of bud for a long time with good efficiency with more control and a better spectrum.

just sayin, im done with this thread
:cough::sorry:

If you are second guessing yourself @Hdinkleman it's not because of your light. Congrats on the disposable income. I would most definitely be able to grow more weed under three burples than 1 QB.

Also, that was 4.2 oz, not 45g

Edit: Just on a aside, I'm guessing you don't have a heck of a lot responsibilities that your income needs to be allocated towards if you've just graduated from pot dealer as your primary source. I myself have to be a bit more judicious in my spending habits.

This thread is exciting.:popcorn:

Ya, I grew some crazy sativas under an old Mars300, a giant 250w CFL, and mixed 23w cfls. Good plants can be grown on a tight budget.

As far as photos and people asking for help, I suggest turning off the blurple. It's what I did.

Personally I find that blurple photos look really cool, but belong more in journals than FAQ.

As far as light quality and newfangled LEDs; I now run the old Timber QBs and a couple Vero18s in my flowering tent. Light snobs showed me the way. I even learned how to build stuff without starting fires :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom