Light snobs

foe pics to show off sure. But to diagnose deficiencies. I’d use another light. I don’t have to do that anymore though.
I use "blurple" lights. LOL. Love them. I take the digital photos into photoshop and adjust color manually. To do this, go to Image, Adjustments, Color balance. Then you have a grid to fill in. To adjust for blurple pic, I usually do -50 for cyan/red, +50 for magenta/green, and -50 for yellow/blue. If this doesn't look good, try another percentage until you find a percentage that makes it look normal. It has to be the same number in each category, but remember you do minus percentage in cyan/red and yellow/blue, but plus percentage in magenta/green.
This is how they look:

As noted multiple times no one is intentionally shaming anyone for the light they use to grow their plans. They are telling them using a purple light for photographs is useless. I have white lights and blurples in both tents. For good pictures I turn the blurples off and the whites down.

The issue, as noted, is that we see the same basic questions asked and answered over and over again. If people would spend as much time looking for an answer as they do starting multiple new threads they might get somewhere. It just feels like everyone wants someone else to do the work for them.

Wow this thread got lots of attention. I have 2 views on the SHAMING part.
1 people are way to sensitive these days. Saying "take pictures without the Burble lights" means just that Nothing else.
2 Nothing people on the internet love is to make others feel bad. Shaming and bullying are prevalent because they don't have to stand face to face and spout their crap.

About the snob stuff. I thought it was the LED crowd that was getting a little uppity? I have grown smokable weed with lots of different lights. We can only use what we have and try to upgrade if we can..

No matter what lights aren’t cheap. You can buy 2700k and 6500k led bulbs at Walmart 3-5$ a piece. You’ll need like 80 and the sockets to screw then too but it will grow hard nugs. Same as cfl. You need a lot to grow hard nugs. Hps is the cheapest way upfront cost to grow hard nugs. But then you find out about temp, and electricity. Cost over time etc. blurples are convertible to white led for 30-50$ depending on the size. But yeah if you don’t have cash I get it. I would say though hlg has low priced lights. Ledgardener show sypu how to make a space can for $50. You can use top leds for cheap before you buy not after you spent your nut. I’d buy a light before a tent a fan or anything else. There are sights that run the numbers on ppfd for cfl bulbs etc. my first real led was converting a blurple. I felt taken advantage of for even buying the blurple to be honest once you find out what that money could have bought instead. I’m not shaming anyone I’m stating if you buy a light that isn’t the dollar value you have you were ripped off. I was. Bought 2 vipraspectra 600 off amazon. They grow yes. But not like hlg. Not even close. Like comparing a regular light bulb to a hps.

Blurples will work if they cover every square inch of grow space. 50watts(wall watts not imaginary blurple watts) per square foot. Will work. But that’s super expensive. Blurples are 2010 tech if you do have one turn on both switches . the
I dont care i will slam blurples whenever possible.
they are junk unless you plan on flowering a single cola lmao

QB are great. But what brand? How assembled? Ppfd ? Lots to know. And for the budget minded alibaba has chine retailers that sell hlg knock offs. Some are reputable. Just research who and you can get what you want just more time and elbow grease. Really no excuse to buy blurples. If you have one convert it to cob or strips. Arrow rapid digikey all sell what you need. Lots of forums tell you what to buy. Gromau5 has YouTube videos for it. No excuse. If you have hid and have no issues(parts CO has minimal issues with them so cool and cheap electricity) supplement with red blue strips eod strips cobs for total coverage. Everygrow should have an upgrade imo. Otherwise what did you do? It’s literally a money tree. Saves me thousands to grow. The more I upgrade the better and bigger the harvest. 2g a watt is the goal.

I'm too old to sweat anything so take your burple pics and show 'em proud! I'm glad to see you growing weed under whatever you have to grow it under! I'm a newbro but I'll offer up my ideas and suggestions on whatever info you give me, request more if I think more is needed, just glad you are reaching out!

All I have is burples, my weed seems to get me pretty stoned, I'm happy. I also have less than $350 into 1000w of decent easily adjustable led light where others have quite a bit more and can't drop to multiple hieghts to accommodate lots of different size plants. You get more ounces, big whup I got more weed than I know what to do with for the next year in 1 grow. Do I wish I had QB's? Yep? Am I blowing my hard earned cash to take prettier pictures? ...

I get you old pros getting sick of the newbs and their harsh glowy pics but they usually don't know better. At least make sure they don't before you write off helping them! Cheers!:yahoo:

grab an empty GREEN two-liter pop bottle and take the picture through that. BAM, lol, issue avoided.
I would think the picture would be blurry. Post a picture here of how you do it please.
I’m another who gets physical pain from pblurple pics.

I did my first grow under a mars plurple. No-one is dis’ing the use of them.

So an “easy as” solution is those cheap green glasses that many LED sellers sell, or even include with their lights sometimes - I’m sure mine were free - are perfect for holding over the lens to take non-plurple pics. No photoshop required :thumb:

And if you have one of those lights you should totally use some of those green glasses anyway - all that intense pink/blue is bad for the eyes ;)

So you can save your eyes and post viewable pics for feedback all at the same time (well not exactly, you take ‘em off to take the pics of course...)

I learned that in order to get help, do as the mohicans, I turn off the lights and turn on a drop light, no problem, and yes I've been helped a lot. Thanks again and no I didn't get offended by you guys asking for better pictures to help. 20190503_192349.jpg20181124_103238.jpg
Big difference
:passitleft:

I don't think it's actually possible to get physical pain from viewing a picture, but you've all made your point...you don't like burples, we get it. The unwashed will take it under advisement. Just curious, how soon do you think you're going to have to make it again?

Edit: burple pics. Not burples, get that too.

I don't think it's actually possible to get physical pain from viewing a picture, but you've all made your point...you don't like burples, we get it. The unwashed will take it under advisement. Just curious, how soon do you think you're going to have to make it again?

It has nothing to do with liking purple lights or not....Jesus, I didn't think it was this hard to understand. It has to do with asking for help with plant issues with purple pictures. It's common sense! I dont mind blurple lights, I grew great weed with blurple LED. I dont think I've ever met anyone here that looks down on someone for using blurples. It just gets old seeing (or not seeing rather) the plants issues and then asking the poster to use common sense and post pictures under normal lighting.

TBI's, traumatic brain injuries, can cause the individual to suffer from exactly that. And a whole bunch of other things.

Back
Top Bottom