Lightworker's Indoor Perpetual Grow

Lightworker81

Hello everyone,

Aussie grower here. Thought I'd get a journal set up early or I might keep putting it off. I've been growing indoors for about 2 years and had a year before that growing outdoors with bag seed and limited success, though it was a good learning experience.

I have a 2x2x5ft tent for veg and 3x3x7ft tent for flowering. Fluorescent tubes for veg and LED for flowering. Soil grow and organic as possible.

I'm growing mostly for medicinal purposes, though I find almost any strain (of decent weed) to be medicinal.

I currently have 2 Blueberry's, a CBD-Hash Plant, and a Blueberry x Cinderella 99 in flower, all @SeedsMan genetics, and clones of these a few weeks into veg. I did have a Jack Herer I ran a few times but the last clones didn't take so I lost it. Due to limited space and the love of growing I've run a few other strains though ended up dropping all the others and kept these ones (though I'm running the BBxC99 for the first time). I'll hopefully be adding in some new seeds and genetics soonish. I'm running 4 plants from a 2x2ft into a 3x3ft so I'm not getting massive plants or buds but can still get 1-2 ounces per plant, so I'm happy with my set up (for now).

These aren't my nicest looking plants cause I kept them in the veg tent to long and they grew more up than out, but I'm more interested in the effect than the temporary look. Going clockwise starting at the back left is a Blueberry and CBD-Hash Plant at 6 weeks, and Blueberry x Cinderella 99 at the front right with another Blueberry next to it both at 5 weeks.
DSCN1342 (BB1.7 BBxC99 CBD1.6 BB1.6).JPG

Blueberry @ 6 weeks
DSCN1359 (BB1.6).JPG

CBD-Hash Plant @ 6 weeks
DSCN1355 (CBD1.6).JPG

Blueberry x Cinderella99 @ 5 weeks
DSCN1352 (BBxC99).JPG

Blueberry @ 5 weeks
DSCN1346 (BB1.7).JPG

Blueberry and CBD-Hash plant at almost 9 weeks. Will be harvesting the BB in a day or two. I think there was a few days of high heat which stunted their growth a little cause they haven't gotten as big as they have before, but the BB is frosty as usual.
DSCN1452 (BB1.6).JPG

DSCN1448 (CBD1.6).JPG

Below is the other BB clone and BBxC99 a week behind the others. The BBxC99 is the only plant of the 4 that didn't seem to get stunted flower growth. I haven't checked the trichomes but she's chunky and supposed to be fast so I might harvest the BBxC99 soon.
DSCN1426 (BB1.7).JPG
DSCN1429 (BBxC99).JPG

I love that. I need more soil wisdom so count me in lightworker
do you have any updates?

I've been meaning to but haven't gotten around to updating my grow journal for a while. Been busy. Kept taking pictures of my grow, but didn't keep up with the naming and organization of them.

I harvested the Blueberry, CBD-Hash Plant, and Blueberry x Cinderella 99 Fast plants mentioned above. Got about an ounce to ounce and a half from each. Not a lot, but it's usually enough for me.

Tried a few other seeds to add some new genetics in, but most of the seeds failed. Some had tails, but failed to grow after put in soil. Only new seed I got to grow was a second Green Crack. Hopefully this GC will be better than the last, and doesn't give killer dry mouth.

Currently have a Blueberry, CBD-Hash Plant, Blueberry x Cinderella 99 Fast, and Green Crack growing. Took clones of each, gave them a trim, and flipped to flower only a few days ago. (CW from top left, BBxC99, CBD, GC, BB).
DSCN2052 (BB1.11 GC2.00 CBD1.11 BBxC1.04).JPG

I didn't get a whole lot of great pics from the last grow. Only the BBxC99 looked nice, the others weren't as pretty as they have been before. Still smoke good though. Hopefully they'll look better growing in the cooler months.

I should try to get into the habit of taking pics more and updating. Been busy with work.

Here's a few pics of my current grow. Going clockwise from top left, there is a Blueberry x Cinderella 99 Fast, CBD Hash Plant, Green Crack, and Blueberry. I also have clones of each vegging. I've been lazy with note taking and record keeping, so not sure what week of flower they're in. Week 5 I think.

DSCN2099DSCN2052 (BB1.11 GC2.00 CBD1.11 BBxC1.04).JPG

BBxC99
DSCN2116 (BBxC1.04).JPG

CBD
DSCN2114 (CBD1.11).JPG

GC
DSCN2107 (GC2.00).JPG

BB
DSCN2103 (BB1.11).JPG

Looking good mate! Great genetics too! I’m an Aussie too currently living and growing in Canada. Nice to see more aussies on here!

What's it like being an Aussie in Canada? Did you grow outdoors in Australia before you moved? Very different weather. I can't wait to start growing outdoors in the Aussie sun, though I might need a bit of space far from people.

Here is group photo of the current ladies in flower. Clockwise from top left is BBxC99, CBD-Hash Plant, Green Crack, and Blueberry. Thinking I might harvest the BBxC99 within the next week, Green Crack maybe a week or two later, and the BB and CBD another week or two after that. The BB and CBD are for meds so I don't mind if they grow a bit longer.

DSCN2151 (BB1.11 GC2.00 CBD1.11 BBxC1.04).JPG

BBxC99
DSCN2166 (BBxC1.04).JPG

CBD
DSCN2162 (CBD1.11).JPG

GC
DSCN2158 (GC2.00).JPG

BB
DSCN2154 (BB1.11).JPG

I up-potted clones of each of the ladies yesterday. Clockwise from top left is a Blueberry, Green Crack, CBD, BBxC99, and another Blueberry.
DSCN2144 (BB1.12 BBxC1.05 CBD1.12 GC2.01 BB1.13).JPG

I chopped the BBxC99 about a week ago and jarred it up today. Got 40g. She produces fast and a decent amount. I was out of meds so this will keep me going until I chop and jar the others.
DSCN2188 (BBxC1.04).JPG

DSCN2203 (BBxC1.04).JPG

The Green Crack will be the next to get the chop.
DSCN2215 (GC2.00).JPG

I also put out 2 White Widow regular seeds to grow, but only 1 sprouted so far, and is now about 2 days out of the soil. I'm hoping it will be a male so I can get some crosses and seeds. I might also try to spray a Blueberry clone with colloidal silver in the hopes of getting some pollen so I can use the Blueberry to seed.

I chopped and jarred up all the ladies. I'm happy with the results from 4 plants in a 3'x3' tent.

Got 40g from the BBxC99 a few weeks ago.
Got 50g from the Green Crack, which has been curing for a week or so.
Got 59g from the Blueberry, which has been curing 2-3 days.
Got 51g from the CBD-Hash Plant, which has been curing 2-3 days.

I have clones of each vegged out and ready to flip to flower any day. Took clones of those yesterday for the veg tent.

I was thinking of trying to do a seed run, except I seem to have bad timing. Was thinking of spraying silver on a Blueberry clone to turn it into a male for pollen. Not sure how much time I'd need to try to convert it for pollen for this round. I also have a White Widow regular (only 1 of the 2 sprouted) a few weeks old I was hoping to get a male and pollen from. Not sure if I'll have enough time for the WW to sex and produce though. I haven't flipped to flower the grown out plants yet, so I can wait a few weeks, but not sure if that would be enough time.

I might not do a seed run, which I don't think I could do this round anyways. I've found a few seeds from every plant from the run I recently jarred up. I'm thinking the Green Crack, which was the new addition, grew a few nana's and pollinated everything. It wasn't a hermie, but I got seeds. Hopefully all those seeds will be fine and not hermies, and if so, I'll just keep whatever seeds I accidentally got and not bother with an intentional seed run.

Nice grow mate. Looking at grows never gets old. How does this grow compare to your old ones? Ya got any pics of your old ones? Just curious.

This grow was pretty good compared to some of the others. On the higher side of weight. I've noticed during the hotter summer months the yield tends to drop a bit. The ladies don't like the heat, but love the cold (Aussie hot and cold).

I've run these genetics a few times already, and got pics from every run. I'd have to look over them all to find some decent pics. Both the Blueberry and CBD I've run 10+ times so far after cloning off the previous plant. I had a nice Jack Herer I ran about 5 times but the clones didn't take and I lost it.

Harvested the Blueberry x Cinderella 99 and Green Crack today. The BBxC99 has some really dense flowers. It's a decent yield, but I'm thinking I'll stop running it. Got another vegging which I'll likely flower out one last time, but I won't clone it for another run. The Green Crack might not be run much longer either, cause she growed nanners. The last flowering run got me seeds and this run might too. I wanted some seeds, and last run and this one should give me enough. Decent smoke and smells great, but dunno if it's good enough to keep running. I've got a White Widow in veg I'm not yet sure is a male or female which might replace the others, depending on what it's like.

Was thinking I might try cobbing some of the BBxC99 and GC. I tried cobbing once or twice before but each time molded, so I been hesitant to cob again. I'd hate to waste another 1-2 ounces. The problem might have been not drying out enough after the initial sweat, ferment, or cure. I'm fairly sure it was humid when I tried it. I also used oven bags instead of corn cobs. But the problem was more likely not drying enough. I've also got different equipment since the first time I tried, so I might have better luck this time. I'll see how I feel in 2 or 3 days when they've dried a bit.

Still got 2 Blueberry's and the CBD in flower. Will harvest those in another week or two. Won't cob the CBD. Not sure about the Blueberry. Love the Blueberry as flower, so a cob could only get better, unless I molded it. Has anyone cobbed a Blueberry?

Well I done goofed.

I harvested the Blueberry x Cinderella 99 and Green Crack last week. Had them drying for a few days. Then I thought I'd give cobbing another go. Last times I tried it I got mold, and didn't want that to happen again and waste so much. Anyways I took 30g from each and compressed and wrapped two cobs. Put them in the cob-o-tron for 10 hours @ 40C, took them out to dry for 2 hours, then wrapped and sealed them again and back in @ 30C. They've been in for 2 days now. Will check on them near the end of the week. I wanted more active and speedy cobs, so I went with more sativa leaning plants, and did a shorter cook time.

Here's where the goof happened.

The other plants in flower, 2x Blueberry's and the CBD, were looking about done, or the CBD was looking very done, so I harvested them today. While I was trimming the CBD, I noticed the name tag on the plant. It wasn't the CBD. It was the Green Crack. Somehow last week I accidentally mixed up and harvested the CBD instead of the Green Crack. I must have looked at the name multiple times while trimming, washing, then grabbing some to cob, and it didn't even register it was the CBD. I wanted less amber on the GC for speedy, and more on the CBD for meds, but harvested in the wrong order. I cobbed the CBD instead of Green Crack. I wanted CBD flower for meds. The Green Crack has a big yield I wanted to reduce in cob form. I'm also thinking of no longer running the GC and wanted to see if it would be better and more active inducing cobbed. But I mucked it up.

Since I've already got 2 cobs going at 30C which I'll run for a week, and just harvested and hung the GC and BB's up to dry today, I can't cob up the GC for the initial 40C sweat without halting the ferment on the other 2. It was a stupid mistake, and bad timing. If I only run the cobs for 5 days at 30C, and if the GC hanging up doesn't dry out too fast, I might be able to cob up some GC for a cob run after the other 2. Would such a short run time on the BBxC99 and CBD be a bad thing? I want the CBD for meds, would it still be effective with such a short ferment? Should I go for a lower ferment time on the BBxC99 and CBD so I can cob the GC which is what I wanted to cob for a speedy active cob? I've got lots of GC, and the flower isn't super special. I've also got 2 Blueberry's I harvested today with the GC, so I could cob some BB with the GC. I could try for 4 cobs of 4 different varieties, if I don't muck it up and mold it again.

I Jarred up what was left after cobbing, now fully dried, and got 21g for the BBxC99, and 29g for the CBD (which I thought was the GC).

Here are pics from the cob adventure. I didn't get any pics after the 10 hour sweat, because I stuffed up the timing on that too. I woke up at 4am to end the sweat and dry them out, and at 6am they were vacced back up and put back in. I really couldn't be arsed taking pictures at that time of morning. I'll take more pictures at the end of the week long ferment. Hopefully next time I'll get the timing better.

BBxC99 cob:
DSCN2470 (BBxC cob).JPGDSCN2474 (BBxC cob).JPG

CBD cob:
DSCN2475 (CBD cob).JPGDSCN2478 (CBD cob).JPG

And here are both vacced up into vac bags using a small portable hand-vac. The cobs were too bloody long when rolled up and wouldn't fit into the bag properly, hence the bend. Not sure if I'll keep them that long in the future, or try to make a shorter fatter cob. Guess I'll wait and see how they turn out.
DSCN2479 (BBxC and CBD cob).JPG

Back
Top Bottom