LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Date: 1/26/22
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 24 Inches away - 25-30k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - Vivosun 8x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan
2 Oscillating fans + 1 Tower oscillating fan + 1 12" floor fan

I got my new AC Infinity 6" cloudline in the mail yesterday! I removed the old Vivosun extraction fan, which was mounted inside the tent, and installed the new one outside of the tent. It leaves so much more room for the plants and the lights.

I got the controller69 hoping I could control the AC Infinity booster fan I am using as an intake fan, but no luck. The controller69 takes a UIS (Universal Infinity System) plug-in that the booster fans do not have. I really wanted the controller to be able to control the fan from my phone, which it does. I probably should have gotton the 67, but we will see what I can do with this in the future.

Right now I have the extraction fan set on auto. It will stay on low unless the temperature get higher than 82f or the humidity gets higher than 70%, at which point it will turn up. So far it has stayed on low and the VPD is much better.

I took the scrog net out and I do not think that I will put it back in. There are two main reasons I would use a net:

1. To keep the canopy spread out and even. Right now the canopy is already spread out and pretty even from the LST I have done so why do I need the net?
2. To support the buds as they grow. If this becomes a concern I can always add the net later.

The cons of adding the net:
- Harder to water and get runoff
- Harder to reach the plants for defoliation
- Plants must stay static and cannot be moved/turned to expose more evenly to the light
- Cannot lift the pot to gauge if ready for watering
- I can't take my ladies out and play with them ;)

So, for now at least, I am keeping the net out. If I see them stretching unevenly in the next few weeks I may put it back in. Or, I may just use LST/Supercropping to try to keep everything even. We will see what happens in the next few weeks.

The plants are looking fantastic. It has been 5 days now since their last watering so they will get a good soaking later this morning. Other than that just waiting for flowers :)

Happy Growing.

Date: 1/29/22
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 20 Inches away - 30-45k LUX
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Weekly Temperature

So far I am loving the new AC Infinity exhaust fan. I have it set to increase speed if the temperature gets above 82 or the humidity get above 68. It runs on low most of the time and keeps a lot more heat and humidity in the tent. I can finally get my basement tent up into the 80s and still keep the VPD in the correct range. Since the exhaust fan stays on low most of the time I worry that I am not getting enough fresh air into the tent. Right now the girls look to be loving it, though. I may consider putting a co2 source in the tent for flower.

The first week of 12/12 is almost over. Since the uppot to 5g I am watering about every 5 days. The girls are still looking nice and green. I am still feeding the @Prescription Blend at the late veg level. Next week I plan to move to the flower schedule and start adding the 'big data'.

I wanted to avoid the SCROG net for now due the the reasons in the last post but I also want to keep the canopy as even as possible. So I am keeping the LST on all of the girls. It probably would have been much easier to use the scrog net. However, I rather enjoy the process of LST. I go down to the basement, turn on some good music, smoke a nice pipe, and just lose an hour or two with the plants. Sometimes it is nice to escape from life for a bit. I tried to spread them out as much as possible and keep them at the same level. My goal is to make sure there are no buds higher than the rest.

Jenny (Purple Haze) is the biggest and got LST'd the night before the others (1/26). By the next day she had already turned all of her buds up and needed a little fine tuning.

Betty (White Widow) is the smallest and tightest. Her nodes are super tight and her branches are thick so she is hard to do much with. She only had a couple of her branches tied down initially (1/27). I just tied her up fully today. She was getting to be taller than the others, and she really needed to be spread out a bit.

Abby (Hindu Kush) had a couple of buds in the middle that were hard to tie down so I supercropped them and just laid them down. The next day you can see the bend but they are already standing back up.

You can see in the pictures how quickly they recover from the LST. I also continue to take a leaf or two, especially if they are growing in toward the middle and covering bud sites or growing down and in the shade.

My plan is to maintain the LST and supercrop through the stretch to try to keep the buds separated for good airflow and the canopy as even as possible. If any bud grows higher than the rest in the next two weeks, it gets put down! Other than that just waiting to see some flowers ;)

Happy Growing.

Date: 1/29/22
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 20 Inches away - 30-45k LUX
Weekly Temperature

So far I am loving the new AC Infinity exhaust fan. I have it set to increase speed if the temperature gets above 82 or the humidity get above 68. It runs on low most of the time and keeps a lot more heat and humidity in the tent. I can finally get my basement tent up into the 80s and still keep the VPD in the correct range. Since the exhaust fan stays on low most of the time I worry that I am not getting enough fresh air into the tent. Right now the girls look to be loving it, though. I may consider putting a co2 source in the tent for flower.

The first week of 12/12 is almost over. Since the uppot to 5g I am watering about every 5 days. The girls are still looking nice and green. I am still feeding the @Prescription Blend at the late veg level. Next week I plan to move to the flower schedule and start adding the 'big data'.

I wanted to avoid the SCROG net for now due the the reasons in the last post but I also want to keep the canopy as even as possible. So I am keeping the LST on all of the girls. It probably would have been much easier to use the scrog net. However, I rather enjoy the process of LST. I go down to the basement, turn on some good music, smoke a nice pipe, and just lose an hour or two with the plants. Sometimes it is nice to escape from life for a bit. I tried to spread them out as much as possible and keep them at the same level. My goal is to make sure there are no buds higher than the rest.

Jenny (Purple Haze) is the biggest and got LST'd the night before the others (1/26). By the next day she had already turned all of her buds up and needed a little fine tuning.

Betty (White Widow) is the smallest and tightest. Her nodes are super tight and her branches are thick so she is hard to do much with. She only had a couple of her branches tied down initially (1/27). I just tied her up fully today. She was getting to be taller than the others, and she really needed to be spread out a bit.

Abby (Hindu Kush) had a couple of buds in the middle that were hard to tie down so I supercropped them and just laid them down. The next day you can see the bend but they are already standing back up.

You can see in the pictures how quickly they recover from the LST. I also continue to take a leaf or two, especially if they are growing in toward the middle and covering bud sites or growing down and in the shade.

My plan is to maintain the LST and supercrop through the stretch to try to keep the buds separated for good airflow and the canopy as even as possible. If any bud grows higher than the rest in the next two weeks, it gets put down! Other than that just waiting to see some flowers ;)

Happy Growing.
Good evening @LKABudMan I hope everything is OK with you.
your update is spectacular. :adore:
And your garden looks perfect my friend :love:

Stay safe
Bill

Dang budman. Your sht it G. uP.
Thanks @7Dust2 I'm going to take that as a compliment ;)
Good evening @LKABudMan I hope everything is OK with you.
your update is spectacular. :adore:
And your garden looks perfect my friend :love:

Stay safe
Bill
Hi @Bill284 It has been a rough week. The company I have worked for 20 years ran out of money this week. I had to tell my staff that there were no paychecks. On the same day I finally got the offer I have been waiting for. I was able to resign immediately and I start my new job next Monday. It worked out, I suppose. I am being told I will get paid on Wednesday but we will see. All I know is that I am excited to go to work next week and that has not been true for a while.
Hope everything is well for you and you are staying warm. The garden has been great therapy this week. As has the previous garden:bongrip:

Happy Growing.

Hi @Bill284 It has been a rough week. The company I have worked for 20 years ran out of money this week. I had to tell my staff that there were no paychecks. On the same day I finally got the offer I have been waiting for. I was able to resign immediately and I start my new job next Monday. It worked out, I suppose. I am being told I will get paid on Wednesday but we will see. All I know is that I am excited to go to work next week and that has not been true for a while.
Hope everything is well for you and you are staying warm. The garden has been great therapy this week. As has the previous garden:bongrip:

Happy Growing.
:woohoo: that's exciting my friend.
I hope everything goes well for you.
I'm sorry about what happened, 20 years then boom that's rough.
I'm enjoying your journal.
All the detail is terrific. :thumb:
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

Happy Growing.
Dang @Bill284 ran out of money. That's odd . They couldn't tell y'all before make few cut backs to save something . Just one day hey we can't pay y'all so leave. Lmao. But then again sounds right . Raytheon did me same way 25 years ago told us we do t have 401 k no more . Sorry. VP stole it and ran. People lost thousands

:woohoo: that's exciting my friend.
I hope everything goes well for you.
I'm sorry about what happened, 20 years then boom that's rough.
I'm enjoying your journal.
All the detail is terrific. :thumb:
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks @Bill284 that means a lot.
Dang @Bill284 ran out of money. That's odd . They couldn't tell y'all before make few cut backs to save something . Just one day hey we can't pay y'all so leave. Lmao. But then again sounds right . Raytheon did me same way 25 years ago told us we do t have 401 k no more . Sorry. VP stole it and ran. People lost thousands
Well @7Dust2 I can't say it was a surprise. The company has been looking for funding for years. For the past six months it has been "funding will be here next week, the week after that at the latest". We are down to bare bones for staff and have not been paying any vendors for the past two months. And funding is still supposed to be here next week or the week after that. It just became too late.

Life took a turn, but I also got the job offer I had been waiting for on the same day :) I am going from being the EVP of all of IT to being a coder again. No personnel issues, no budgeting, no trying to keep a dying company afloat; just doing what I do best. It is a bit less money but a LOT less stress. At my age that is a trade I will make any day.

Happy Monday everyone ;)

Thanks @Bill284 that means a lot.

Well @7Dust2 I can't say it was a surprise. The company has been looking for funding for years. For the past six months it has been "funding will be here next week, the week after that at the latest". We are down to bare bones for staff and have not been paying any vendors for the past two months. And funding is still supposed to be here next week or the week after that. It just became too late.

Life took a turn, but I also got the job offer I had been waiting for on the same day :) I am going from being the EVP of all of IT to being a coder again. No personnel issues, no budgeting, no trying to keep a dying company afloat; just doing what I do best. It is a bit less money but a LOT less stress. At my age that is a trade I will make any day.

Happy Monday everyone ;)
Yeah I run a non profit for past few years. Motorcycle association chapter and we have hard time getting funding also. But our cost is low low low. Vuturely my pocket book. . But we did 7k last year we gave out had big events but it's hard bro. Really is. But least they could have heads up.

Looking good here as well .. its hard to believe this is just your second grow. Awesome stuff man, great to read that your situation sorted as well .. dealing with code is always better .. its just as unpredictable as the average human, but it wont start crying :p You might :p

Looking good here as well .. its hard to believe this is just your second grow. Awesome stuff man, great to read that your situation sorted as well .. dealing with code is always better .. its just as unpredictable as the average human, but it wont start crying :p You might :p
Thanks @PlanetJ My company has been going downhill for several years now. The grows over the last couple of months have really helped me take my mind off of it, so it really has been my therapy ;) I am glad to be done with management for now (where I did have to deal with crying) and am really looking forward to the new job. Now, if I can only get away from the old job...

Date: 2/4/22
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 20 Inches away - 35-40k LUX
Weekly Temperature

The AC Infinity exhaust has been keeing temps and humidity pretty good this week. When the plants get dryer you can see the humidity get too low then it goes right back up when they get a good watering. I am still feeding them the full dose of @Prescription Blend every watering and they seem to be loving it.

It has been a busy week trying to get out of my current job and get ready for the next. <Rant>WTF is up with banks I spent several hours trying to open a new business account online only to be told I need to go into the branch got up early and went to bank but they can't see me without an appointment so I need to drive 40 minutes to go to a branch just to show ID then they make me start the application all over takes over an hour ugh </Rant> I have not had much time for 420mag or even the plants. Luckily I didn't have to do much with the plants this week. I can no longer stretch them out because they are filling up the tent as much as three plants can. So all I do now is maintain the LST and the occasional supercropping to try to keep the canopy as even as possible. I also move them around and rotate them to try to keep the canopy growing even. They are all stretching and flowering nicely.

Abby (Hindu Kush) always seems to be a bit more droopy than the others. She also stretched the most and flowered first so I am not too worried about her.

Betty (White Widow) has really filled in since her last LST. She needs a bit more defoliation in the middle/bottom but her canopy is looking fantastic.

Jenny (Purple Haze) has a HUGE trunk. She has a few buds that are bunched together that I either need to separate or get rid of.

I am near the end of the second week of flowering. I am trying hard not to pinch any leaves for the next week or so. At 21 days I will get rid of all of the LST and give them one final clean up. Then I will leave them alone for the rest of flower. I will be starting my new job next week so who knows how much time I will have. Luckily I still work from home so I can always take a plant watering break if needed ;)

Oh, and what ever happened to the cuttings I took almost two weeks ago (1/24) ? Well, stay tuned, that is for another journal ;)

Happy Growing.

Wow bro. And a hydroponic for clones. . Dang. I never learned hydro. And I have a small setup I never could get anything to grow in it
My first clones I grew in the kitchen windowsill in a clear glass. My dad just flipped those plants to flower :)

Date: 2/9/22 - Day 17 of Flower
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 18 Inches away - 35-45k LUX
Weekly Temperature

Temperatures and humidity is staying right where I want it to this week. I am going to drop the humidity over the next week or two to the low 50s.

The second week of 12/12 is finished and there are buds everywhere. Not a ton of stretch going on so I have not really had to do anything with LST or the canopy this week. They are getting fed every 4 days now with week#2 blend of @Prescription Blend and they all still look incredible. They are not showing any deficiencies or tip burn, everything is just green :) Well, except for a few leaves that were messed up with LST and some wind burn.

Right now I still have all of the LST on them and am watching them through the stretch. Next week I will take the LST off and do one last trim. Then we are in the home stretch.

Abby (Hindu Kush) is stretching the most right now. She has grown a couple of inches and you can really see her buds popping up.

Betty (White Widow) is the smallest and, right now, the tightest. I defoliated her last and she really filled in since then. She has a very pretty canopy.

Jenny (Purple Haze) has grown the least in the last couple of weeks. She is still eating and drinking and still looks good, so I am hoping she will have a growth spurt soon.

It has been a LONG week. I am still trying to get away from my old job and started my new job this week. Since I had been using my work phone for the past 10 years, I got a new phone this week with a better camera. I also pulled the trigger last week on a PA Hydroponics RDWC system. I have been looking at RDWC for a while now and really do not have the time (or patience) to put it together myself. I was amazed that I ordered it around noon on Friday and it arrived by 9am the next day. I will be using this for the next grow with 4 clones.

I am trying to hold off as long as possible before putting clones in buckets for the next cycle. I still have at least 6-8 weeks on these girls, maybe more, so I do not want to put the clones in DWC for another week. That means I will be keeping them in the DWC cloner under a weak light and under a dome. They still look green right now, and all 24 rooted. I have no idea what I am going to do with 24 clones. I need 4 for my next cycle. I will pot 3-4 to play around with. After that I need to either find someone to give them away or they will be going in the scrap pile :(

Happy Growing.

Back
Top Bottom