Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog

Step Two

Getting her ready too go under the net. Let the weaving begin.

If you notice the center of the plant watch what happens with a bowl shape scrog.

SCROG step 2.jpg

SCROG step 2b.jpg

So a little side step in the journal.

How do you celebrate 4.20.

I play 420 darts, which is a game I made up about 5 years ago.

You have to be a real smoker to play, because it can get as high as 10 joints per player, per game.

So two people that try and we (son & I) do, we will smoke a joint each to start.

We both start at 420 and the next smoke number is 320, then 220, 120,20 and game ending smoke.

When you land on a smoke number play stops until after you both smoke. When my son and I play we normally smoke about 9 to 10 joints for one game of count down with special stops.

So what will you do to celebrate 4.20?

So are you going to give the better half a assortment of buds?

My wife birthday is on the first, so once she gets her second shot we're going out to dinner and a movie.
Na she gets that everyday. Ill make her a heart shaped hunk of hash out of some sativa that she likes, clean her bong and rub her feet.

Dinner and a movie does sound great. Feels like ages since we been out like that.

I have only been doing DWC for a few years or so, and the three most important things I can tell you is:

1. You have to know what is going on with your bucket. temp, ph, ppm's are a good start.

2. With DWC/ Hydro period you can loose a plant allot quicker than most other mediums; so patience plays a key part
of success. Pay attention to the leaf development.

3. Just because I listed this third, does not mean that if you are not aware of your tent/grow area environment it will terminate your little lady just as fast.

Nutrients play a part when needed, but like I said when needed.

Tok..
So out of curiosity, where does your plant go while pumping nutes in & out while doing a res change ? Seems like you would need a 2nd bucket to set the plant in while changing the res so not to leave the roots in the light very long.
When I did DWC I had a 2nd bucket for each plant & just swapped buckets out for a res change. Have you used this method before ? I'm just thinking a water pump in the same container with roots will get clogged up by the roots. But I've never tried that method so don't know 1st hand.

So out of curiosity, where does your plant go while pumping nutes in & out while doing a res change ?
Thanks for stopping by @Buds Buddy. Too answer your questions, I have switched out the buckets during solution changes.
Once it goes under the scrog net it stays there. I have a airline size hole drilled near the top of the buck and I use a 60 or 70 cc syringe to inject nutrient into the solution. If you are wondering, I do have a hose that drops about half way down inside the bucket.
With DWC and only doing one plant in a 4x4 net it can get tight in the tent. That's the main reason my plant have long stems; to elevate the net high enough to work under it.

Seems like you would need a 2nd bucket to set the plant in while changing the res so not to leave the roots in the light very long.
When I did DWC I had a 2nd bucket for each plant & just swapped buckets out for a res change. Have you used this method before ?
Changing buckets would make my process a lot easier, for solution changes, flush roots, nutrient feed, solution temperatures and more.
When I do a solution change, it is normally lower water level and I drain about 3 gallons, after preparing the solution, I place a pump inside the new solution and fill her up.

I'm just thinking a water pump in the same container with roots will get clogged up by the roots. But I've never tried that method so don't know 1st hand.
If my three 2x4 air stones get sucked up in the root ball, I can just about guarantee the pump would also.

DWC is an interest way to grow, but it requires daily monitoring (lights on and before light s off); but I enjoy watching how fast they can grow.

The only problem I have with growing only one plant at a time is, if the seed is not strong, I sometimes grow it out any ways to fill my jars.

Hope this helps.

Tok..

Happy 420 Tok :passitleft:
Thanks for stopping by GG.

I will probably hookup the Bestva soon, my TSW-2000 isn't big enough to flower my tent without a little help.

Have you hooked up your new Mars-Hydro light yet? She a beauty and I am jealous, but in a good way.

Tok..
Sorry for the late reply. I did hook up the light. It's pretty impressive and the light distribution is really even. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do flowering something :)

Your 420 game sounds really cool. I usually head down to the local park with some friends/family/whoever and get blazed with the other random people who have turned up. This year, we just did it in the garden with those closest to us, it was good fun. Some normality. Something that has been missing for quite some time.

That's a bummer about the timer. I've had this happen before too. It's one of those moments, all you can do, is slap your hand against your forehead, close your eyes and laugh. She looks like a nice size though. Hopefully she proves herself so you let her stick around :popcorn:

:peace:

@GoogleGenie it's all cool.

I am currently smoking some 7 month cure Green Crack that is kicking my butt.

I'll post some bud images once I come down,

Oh, I forgot yes I set up the light, but I was not able to use it.

My current grow turnout to be a weak plant, it happens.
So, I have one in the veg tent that will make an appearance in due time.

Be cool, stay safe, and grow well, brother.

Tok..

This is what I was smoking the other night.

6 month cured Green Crack.

420 6 month Green Crack.jpg

420 tray 6 month cured Green Crack.jpg

Looks great Tok! I've yet to have enough stock to make it to the 6 month cure (ill be adding that to the Bucket List!)

Hows the grow going?

Back
Top Bottom