Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

Happy New Year to you and the family, babygirl :thumb:
:party:
Happy New Year to you and CJ and your whole family! Here's to a happy and healthy 2022. :high-five:
Happy New Year to my sweet little American cookie ❤️

I am really looking forward to learning and growing with you in 2022!

Xo
Happy New Year BG!! :surf: right into 2022! Go Team Mars!
Hap hap happy new year folks! For the first time in years hubby and I actually made it to midnight; hopefully making that effort will bring us a bit of luck for the coming year!

New year blessings to all!

Quick update on Liv, here we are at day 56 :oops:

She’s up to 21” tall, didnt drink as much over the last 24 hours compared to what she HAS been drinking, PPM is up for some reason (1310), but the ph for some reason is staying low (5.4-5.6 range).

Remember how I said that I was having a hard time getting the humidity UP? Well for the last few days its been WAY up … like at 62%! From us running the humidifier in our bedroom? Maybe. From a few days of damp weather? More likely. I AM eyeballing a small dehumidifier on the Zon because I know the further into flower I go with that humidity level, the more likely I am to encounter bud rot or powdery mildew - NOT something I want to deal with. Suggestions appreciated! It does look like her buds are starting to build - here are two shots:

It's our weather BG and being by the beach during it...once it cools off again, it should drop. Mine was up to 78 in the grow room with this damn humid and unseasonably warm weather we are having..honestly been at 66 a few times now in the tent before catching it but not concerned long term...open a door a little or if it has a side zip...that helps too...but she looks great!

..edit...it's me and everyone will tell you no except for me but maybe snip her a little...I know you won't and everyone else probably wouldn't but I would be

It's our weather BG and being by the beach during it...once it cools off again, it should drop. Mine was up to 78 in the grow room with this damn humid and unseasonably warm weather we are having..honestly been at 66 a few times now in the tent before catching it but not concerned long term...open a door a little or if it has a side zip...that helps too...but she looks great!
Thanks - but not sure opening the tent will help because of the humidity here in the house - each time I open the tent the humidity goes up and 2-3%! Wondering if I should be running that exhaust fan at high or low; waiting for my new tent pole accessories to get here so I can get my two 6” fans and camera back in there!

BG your Livers are budding up nicely! She's a beaut!
Thanks Stone - she’s pretty much on cruise control at this point I believe! I wont be doing any more defoliation unless absolutely necessary :)

She is beautiful:)

I aim for 62% humidity. You would die if you saw my flower room yesterday. Humidity 91%! The air was so thick you could cut it.

Perfect mould growing conditions. I sparked my humidifier up and got that thickness down to 63% quick smart.

Wishing all my 429 friends a safe and happy new year! If you’re heading out to celebrate, please drive safe - I want to see you all again tomorrow! Thank you everyone for all your help and support to this still wet-behind-the-ears 420 grower! You all are THE BEST!!!

@420 Ceasar @Bill284 @bluter @Carcass @charliewaffles @Cola Monster @DeeBoy @Dr Fish @FelipeBlu @Grand Daddy Black @InTheShed @Jack420 @Jon @Krissi1982 @LKABudMan @mk2SMOKEY @MochaBud @Moony @Paul Squiggle @PGA Caddie @PlanetJ @ppm Charlie @Rexer @sneekymofo @StoneOtter @Tokin Roll @Trala @Verbalist @West Hippie
@Mars Hydro
Happy New Year's to you and your love ones hopefully it will be a healthy and productive year for you and Liv

New year blessings to all!

Quick update on Liv, here we are at day 56 :oops:

She’s up to 21” tall, didnt drink as much over the last 24 hours compared to what she HAS been drinking, PPM is up for some reason (1310), but the ph for some reason is staying low (5.4-5.6 range).

Remember how I said that I was having a hard time getting the humidity UP? Well for the last few days its been WAY up … like at 62%! From us running the humidifier in our bedroom? Maybe. From a few days of damp weather? More likely. I AM eyeballing a small dehumidifier on the Zon because I know the further into flower I go with that humidity level, the more likely I am to encounter bud rot or powdery mildew - NOT something I want to deal with. Suggestions appreciated! It does look like her buds are starting to build - here are two shots:

Hey CJS - so I faced the same problem a couple grows back. I'm not sure of the situation altogether without seeing the entire room the tent is in and all that, but here's a couple things that MAY help...

- I would definitely turn off the humidifier in the room. If you are making the room the tent is in more humid, the inside of the tent will be more humid. Think of it as a system that is made up of the tent and the room, and tune the two together. That's just another way to think of it that I kind of keep in mind. Can you live without the humidifier in the room running? Is it drier outside than inside by chance (sometimes in the winter it is...)? Is opening the window a crack to get drier air in the room an option? See what I mean? I think of my garage, now with two tents and two AC units going 24/7, as that kind of system. The extent to which I open the garage door, or the door to the house, or how far I unzip a tent door during the day, or how high my exhaust fan is set, etc....all of these go into the "tuning." But before long you'll find the sweet spot. Takes a little experimenting.
- I went the cheap dehumidifier on Zon route. There's a trillion of them. You would want something that produces no heat and can be inside the tent with no lights on the outside if you go that route, or at least lights you can cover with duct tape. A small one won't overflow the reservoir with one plant and that tent, you could likely get away with one that has a reservoir of around a gallon. Trust me, it won't pull a gallon a day out of the air, even if you want it to. Lol. The cheapies on Zon are just that. Mine was around $35 and reduced the rh a mere 8-10%. I thought that sucked. I don't use it now. At some point I'll get a better one, just saying to be careful and do your homework before you pay money for garbage. You'll find a ton of it on the Zon in this particular item. It's maddening. Lol.
- You're only in the first few days of flower. 62% is not going to hurt your buds or your plants, at this point. No rot concerns yet or anything like that. But yes, of course you want it lower. Just saying that's not emergency situation level at this point in my opinion. If you were growing outdoors in the summer your Rh would always be that or higher, and they do fine. So if It were me I would work on it like you are (nice attention to your grow!!!), but don't get too stressed. It's not like you're at 80% with water dripping down the inside walls of the tent. Lmao!!

Hope some of that eases your mind and is maybe helpful.

Thanks for the tag on the NY message!

Good morning Jon!
- I would definitely turn off the humidifier in the room. If you are making the room the tent is in more humid, the inside of the tent will be more humid. Think of it as a system that is made up of the tent and the room, and tune the two together. That's just another way to think of it that I kind of keep in mind. Can you live without the humidifier in the room running?
The humidifier is in our bedroom; the tent is in another. Currently the humidifier in our room is off because the bedroom is finally at a comfortable level *for us*. I’m also considering shutting the door to the room the tent is in to see what that does; having that inline fan and passive intake may be sucking the moist air INTO the tent. If that’s the case, that may be another way to help mitigate some of the issue.

Is it drier outside than inside by chance (sometimes in the winter it is...)? Is opening the window a crack to get drier air in the room an option?
Right now we’ve had foggy, misty, rainy conditions for days on end so at the moment I seriously doubt its drier outside. When it does stop, I’m try opening the window, but I also want to be careful with that for temperature reasons - then tent is running between 68-72 degrees max. If I open the window and it gets too cool in there, I’m not sure how that will affect the grow.

I went the cheap dehumidifier on Zon route. There's a trillion of them. You would want something that produces no heat and can be inside the tent with no lights on the outside if you go that route, or at least lights you can cover with duct tape. A small one won't overflow the reservoir with one plant and that tent, you could likely get away with one that has a reservoir of around a gallon. Trust me, it won't pull a gallon a day out of the air, even if you want it to. Lol. The cheapies on Zon are just that. Mine was around $35 and reduced the rh a mere 8-10%. I thought that sucked. I don't use it now. At some point I'll get a better one, just saying to be careful and do your homework before you pay money for garbage. You'll find a ton of it on the Zon in this particular item. It's maddening. Lol.
Yeah - I found one that holds about 52 oz of water so I’m assuming it would do well - and with 14k+ reviews with an average rating of 4.5 stars and only a $70 price tag I think it should suffice ;)

You're only in the first few days of flower. 62% is not going to hurt your buds or your plants, at this point. No rot concerns yet or anything like that. But yes, of course you want it lower. Just saying that's not emergency situation level at this point in my opinion. If you were growing outdoors in the summer your Rh would always be that or higher, and they do fine. So if It were me I would work on it like you are (nice attention to your grow!!!), but don't get too stressed. It's not like you're at 80% with water dripping down the inside walls of the tent. Lmao!!
Yeah, its still early flower stage so I’m not too terribly concerned - YET. But I do want to have a mitigation plan in place for when it IS a potential problem. :). I’m not the greatest at dialing in all the variables so that everything is 100% perfection at all times - but I do try to work with the “issue of the moment” so I don’t drive myself directly to the funny farm!

Thanks - but not sure opening the tent will help because of the humidity here in the house - each time I open the tent the humidity goes up and 2-3%! Wondering if I should be running that exhaust fan at high or low; waiting for my new tent pole accessories to get here so I can get my two 6” fans and camera back in there!
Oh see my house is dry as we have oil heat so I don't have that humidity issue in the main part of the house!

I'm curious why everyone is against letting some light in Liv? I'm not saying go de fanning crazy but there is really no one out there that thinks she would benefit from it? Not trying to blow up BGs thread I'm just curious since she is trying to flower and not vegging necessarily anymore. I'm no Guru by any means idk Boo about anything but my plants always get trimmed and I never have an issue so why the apparent adamant no no no?

I'm curious why everyone is against letting some light in Liv? I'm not saying go de fanning crazy but there is really no one out there that thinks she would benefit from it? Not trying to blow up BGs thread I'm just curious since she is trying to flower and not vegging necessarily anymore. I'm no Guru by any means idk Boi, but my plants always get trimmed and I never have an issue so why the apparent adamant no no no?
Maybe. Time and place in my tents. Before light flip I like to clean up. Also three weeks after, a good second look and branch taking.

Maybe. Time and place in my tents. Before light flip I like to clean up. Also three weeks after, a good second look and branch taking.

Me too...that's what I'm saying though, she is an auto and almost 60 days now...she's just so big I feel a little in the middle and under the carriage cleaning would help get her all those rays and boost her flower production

Oh see my house is dry as we have oil heat so I don't have that humidity issue in the main part of the house!
Yup - we run oil heat too!
Me too...that's what I'm saying though, she is an auto and almost 60 days now...she's just so big I feel a little in the middle and under the carriage cleaning would help get her all those rays and boost her flower production
Really? You dont think any more defoliation would stunt her? And how much would you say would be too much (though I know that’s hard to say - which is why I would LOVE to be able to have someone who could come over at LOOK at her and SHOW me what to do *lol*)

Yup - we run oil heat too!

Ahhh hence the humidifier in your room duh...sorry no coffee yet....I almost bought a big ol humidifier for the grow room but I've managed through higher humidity just fine. I feel like there is so much concern with the numbers being perfect all the time. My numbers are never perfect all the time so I guess I'm not that leary when I see a creep...kind like what @Trala Said...her plants are pretty damn fine and there were some wow faces given to her post like her plants were in danger idk.. Maybe I'm the odd one in the bunch but I think my girls over time have truly benefited from changes in the environment around them and they have all seemed to adapt to the changes well.
Really? You dont think any more defoliation would stunt her? And how much would you say would be too much (though I know that’s hard to say - which is why I would LOVE to be able to have someone who could come over at LOOK at her and SHOW me what to do *lol*)
Again...everyone is going to read this and say man she has no idea what she is doing...at least that's how I feel sometimes when I open my mouth about what I do with my plants. Prolly why I don't go into numbers often, either....buuut...the scraggly leaves I'd get rid of. I'd open up her bottom some and let some of that light reflect off your tent and hit her from underneath. I'd also look into the top and see what is blocking the middle from getting some light (now that she is stretching)....I'm not saying go ham..I'm saying a few leaves...she clearly has a ton. When I look at mine, the ones that are like on their side or flipped backwards I trim..the ones that have a purple color to their stem, unless it is a plant with all purple stems (Gigi), I trim. I see a bud site and a big ol leaf over it, I get rid of it...that's me. I'm telling you what I do not saying you should do it. There was a time when people told me to get rid of leaves and I said no no no lol my grows have gotten better since I stopped worrying so much

Back
Top Bottom