Medical Grow

Timing Question for Doc

Doc,
I started my (I'm guessing sativa dom bag seed) plants in closet mid Feb 16/8 hrs timer
Placed out doors early for this area first week May 14 hrs daylight.
Of course mid summer June 21 should be 15 hrs.
Plants started to flower end of July aprox 13.5 hrs.
Harvested a little early, had to, Sep 6 aparox 13 hrs daylight.

Question I have is if you go from lets say 18 hrs to 14 hrs indoor will plants start to flower? And if so would you be able to start plants 14/10 start to finish, gaining 2 hrs of growth a day.

I guess my NL test bud today got me thinking to much, lol

Hey Doc, I was looking at DJ shorts selection of seeds and came across Cocoa Kush. It looks remarkably similar to your black berry. If you get a chance take a look at it and let me know what you think.

Doc,
I started my (I'm guessing sativa dom bag seed) plants in closet mid Feb 16/8 hrs timer
Placed out doors early for this area first week May 14 hrs daylight.
Of course mid summer June 21 should be 15 hrs.
Plants started to flower end of July aprox 13.5 hrs.
Harvested a little early, had to, Sep 6 aparox 13 hrs daylight.

Question I have is if you go from lets say 18 hrs to 14 hrs indoor will plants start to flower? And if so would you be able to start plants 14/10 start to finish, gaining 2 hrs of growth a day.

I guess my NL test bud today got me thinking to much, lol

I did that on one grow....the plants stretched and would have gone into flower, but they would have been really big! My personal opinion is that if you have enough light....IE 1000 watts minimum....grow 12/12 from seed. If you are using less powerful lights then vegging and LST seem like the way to go.

However, plants veg themselves for at least a month on 12/12. For sativa's I think it's a great way to go! Overall yield is less....but the grow takes less time and you can put more plants under the light than with vegged plants.

Hey Doc, I was looking at DJ shorts selection of seeds and came across Cocoa Kush. It looks remarkably similar to your black berry. If you get a chance take a look at it and let me know what you think.

It looks VERY close! Blackberry has blueberry in it's lineage. I bet that Cocoa Kush is really good!

Where do I sign up for the comsultation?

LOL!
You can get a consultation right here!
I'll warn you.....I'm about 4 grows away from knowing what I'm doing. Right now I'm in the copy-successful-growers mode. Give me about 4 more grows and i think I'll know what the hell I'm doing.

I have been lucky enough to deal with problems....and several grow styles. And I have a friend who really knows his stuff.....but I'm not there yet.

LOL!
You can get a consultation right here!
I'll warn you.....I'm about 4 grows away from knowing what I'm doing. Right now I'm in the copy-successful-growers mode. Give me about 4 more grows and i think I'll know what the hell I'm doing.

I have been lucky enough to deal with problems....and several grow styles. And I have a friend who really knows his stuff.....but I'm not there yet.

Ha ha, yeah I hear ya. I missed a grow class about a month ago. I heard about it, and the grower was BOG. As in BOG, from BOG Seeds. I have had his stuff that he has grown, and it is amazing, so I was bummed I found out about the class late, and couldn't make it. I hope he does another one that I can make. I love hearing/learning from great growers like you.

Hey Doc look like you gonna have some crazy buds to smoke on, very very nice looking. just some straight fire!!!!:welldone:

hey i wanted to ask you something real quick, i just picked up 4 Casey Jones clones, ive never smoke or seen the buds in person, wondering if you could shine some light on me about the yield, smoke and taste and maybe give it a grade for me. every review ive read says its a A+. now dose she grow fast and tall??? think 12" might be good to flower at? any info will help my friend.

Hey Doc look like you gonna have some crazy buds to smoke on, very very nice looking. just some straight fire!!!!:welldone:

hey i wanted to ask you something real quick, i just picked up 4 Casey Jones clones, ive never smoke or seen the buds in person, wondering if you could shine some light on me about the yield, smoke and taste and maybe give it a grade for me. every review ive read says its a A+. now dose she grow fast and tall??? think 12" might be good to flower at? any info will help my friend.

I grew CJ two grows ago. The plants are lanky, and they don't look like they're gonna yield...but they fill in! Overall yield was quite good....3 plus oz per plant.

I recommend topping for multiple colas and vegging to about 12-15 inches. When you make the switch to 12/12, increase your nightime temps a bit, so as to control stretch.

Prune them back quite a bit so you just concentrate on the tops....no suckers, no popcorn.

Mine were very tasty.....nice upbeat effect.....very smooth. Buds were not rock hard...but not too airy either. Casey was a modest feeder too.
Overall they were very nice, and I look forward to growing it again.

I thought my trainwrecks would grow in a similar manner, but they're all screwed up.

I grew CJ two grows ago. The plants are lanky, and they don't look like they're gonna yield...but they fill in! Overall yield was quite good....3 plus oz per plant.

I recommend topping for multiple colas and vegging to about 12-15 inches. When you make the switch to 12/12, increase your nightime temps a bit, so as to control stretch.

Prune them back quite a bit so you just concentrate on the tops....no suckers, no popcorn.

Mine were very tasty.....nice upbeat effect.....very smooth. Buds were not rock hard...but not too airy either. Casey was a modest feeder too.
Overall they were very nice, and I look forward to growing it again.

I thought my trainwrecks would grow in a similar manner, but they're all screwed up.

thanks for the good info.. i was just going to LST them like i always do and i always lollipop my plants so it sounds like this strain is right for my style. i was thinking 12" would be a good starting point, just not too sure how their going to stretch with my leds? but i rather be shorter then taller thats for sure.lol.

lets see how these girls do with good organics and TRF's?

i just want my girls to frost up like ur bro:)

ill post pics in a little bit of my new girls on my thread and you can see how the organics are treating them with a few TRF's mixed in.

thanks once a gain for the great info it will be a big help to me

thanks for the good info.. i was just going to LST them like i always do and i always lollipop my plants so it sounds like this strain is right for my style. i was thinking 12" would be a good starting point, just not too sure how their going to stretch with my leds? but i rather be shorter then taller thats for sure.lol.

lets see how these girls do with good organics and TRF's?

i just want my girls to frost up like ur bro:)

ill post pics in a little bit of my new girls on my thread and you can see how the organics are treating them with a few TRF's mixed in.

thanks once a gain for the great info it will be a big help to me

Do you have a new link?

For everyone who reads here:

Hempy will yield more! They'll taste fine, smell good, and be potent.
However organic soil will take it to next level as far as taste, smell and potency.

Straight soil will yield less than hempy in most cases....but as far as I'm concerned, the product will be worth it.

Do you have a new link?

For everyone who reads here:

Hempy will yield more! They'll taste fine, smell good, and be potent.
However organic soil will take it to next level as far as taste, smell and potency.

Straight soil will yield less than hempy in most cases....but as far as I'm concerned, the product will be worth it.

Ya here you go bro 480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

i agree with what was said. i am wondering how a Hempy Hybrid will do with organic soil, kinda like the last hempy buckets i made with SS#4, but with organic soil and perlite in the res for blocking soil from getting down their

i also owe you an apology about the OC+ thing. it is a great product and did better then i thought on my grow. although my DM Red plants will yield more for sure per plant, the OC+ has the better quality buds, a little more frosty and a better color to them. and it still yielded great from the plant that was not LST'ed but not so well with the one that was. i can speak on smell or taste yet on either plant until their dry, but they both smelled the same wet but the OC+ was allot more sticky then the DM red when trimming. so its a trade off between yield or quality IMO! but maybe a mix of the 2 is the key?

i haven't trimmed the DM purple yet so cant speak on it yet, but i will keep you posted.

Top choices

Doc,

I have 2 recent grows under my belt..1 bag seed, and 1 NL currently 8th wk flowering. I consider them training camp so to speak.
Now that I am getting ready for the real season to begin, I wanna get the most I can out of the next grow.
All the factors considered. Most methods I read about seem to work just fine to some extent. So if you consider the strain as one of the top factors, which would be your top 4 or 5 choices for good indoor setup? Something easy for one still getting their feet wet in the grow field. Something more on the stone effect. I suffer from chronic back pain, arthritis, anxiety, stress.... I wanna relax when I smoke. I want to stop or take less of the vikes and zanax that I take now.
My partner wants some skunk, so we will definitely be ordering a few of those, but me, I want something for pain and relaxation.
Any suggestions?

Ya here you go bro 480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

i agree with what was said. i am wondering how a Hempy Hybrid will do with organic soil, kinda like the last hempy buckets i made with SS#4, but with organic soil and perlite in the res for blocking soil from getting down their

i also owe you an apology about the OC+ thing. it is a great product and did better then i thought on my grow. although my DM Red plants will yield more for sure per plant, the OC+ has the better quality buds, a little more frosty and a better color to them. and it still yielded great from the plant that was not LST'ed but not so well with the one that was. i can speak on smell or taste yet on either plant until their dry, but they both smelled the same wet but the OC+ was allot more sticky then the DM red when trimming. so its a trade off between yield or quality IMO! but maybe a mix of the 2 is the key?

i haven't trimmed the DM purple yet so cant speak on it yet, but i will keep you posted.

hey bro....thanks for the words on the OC+, etc. When you check those final weights, I don't think they'll be too far apart, but that's just judging from the pics.

I'm of the opinion that the micronute profile is responsible for the better quality, while the NPK profile of the DM gives the better yield.....but lacking in the micro's, so not as exquisite.

What's the solution?

Well, I'm starting with quality soil, and adding:

Worm Castings
Bone meal
Malibu Compost
Greensand
My micro mix
Dolomite
OC+
Perlite

plus this stuff

Tomato-tone®
3-4-6
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
The Espoma Company - 6 Espoma Road, Millville, NJ 08332
Total Nitrogen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
0.2%. . . . Ammoniacal Nitrogen
0.7%. . . . Water Soluble Nitrogen
2.1%. . . . Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.0%
Calcium (Ca) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5.0%
Magnesium (Mg). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.0%
0.7%. . . . Water Soluble Magnesium
Sulfur (S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
Derived from: Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized
Poultry Manure, Cocoa Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal,
Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and Sulfate of
Potash Magnesia.
*Contains 2.1% Slow Release Nitrogen.
ALSO CONTAINS NON PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
Contains 895 colony forming units (CFU's) per gram of the
following species:
Acidovorax facilis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21 CFU's per gram
Bacillus licheniformis . . . . . . . . . . . . 208 CFU's per gram
Bacillus megaterium . . . . . . . . . . . . . 208 CFU's per gram
Bacillus pumilus . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 208 CFU's per gram
Bacillus subtilis. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 208 CFU's per gram
Cellulomonas flavigena . . . . . . . . . . . 21 CFU's per gram
Paenibacillus polymyxa. . . . . . . . . . . 21 CFU's per gram
While fertilizer materials have unlimited shelf life, the
beneficial microbes in this product are best used within two
years of the production date (see side panel for production
date). After that time their numbers may be reduced.

The NPK of the tomato tone helps our plants.....heavy in Ca and K. Then there's all the microbes.

I'll water with compost teas, molasses, and probably some guano every now and then.....just to feed the soil, etc.

From what i can tell, I'll have enough "crap" in the soil to feed the microbes, and enough nutrition in the OC+ to keep the plants green and free of deficiencies.

This is basically my way of duplicating the results I got with the blackberry.....which was in organic soil then supplemented with OC+ when the soil nutes ran out. I could make the soil even hotter and use bigger pots in order to avoid the OC+.....but why?

I see these CRF's as being the 'secret weapon' in growing. They got yer back and keep your plants healthy.

Re: Top choices

Doc,

I have 2 recent grows under my belt..1 bag seed, and 1 NL currently 8th wk flowering. I consider them training camp so to speak.
Now that I am getting ready for the real season to begin, I wanna get the most I can out of the next grow.
All the factors considered. Most methods I read about seem to work just fine to some extent. So if you consider the strain as one of the top factors, which would be your top 4 or 5 choices for good indoor setup? Something easy for one still getting their feet wet in the grow field. Something more on the stone effect. I suffer from chronic back pain, arthritis, anxiety, stress.... I wanna relax when I smoke. I want to stop or take less of the vikes and zanax that I take now.
My partner wants some skunk, so we will definitely be ordering a few of those, but me, I want something for pain and relaxation.
Any suggestions?

Hmmmm......easy to grow and meeting the profile you give.

The effect of MJ on the central nervous system is the result of an immune response in the body. Not everyone responds the same.

Do Indica's make you wired and anxious? Or, do they give you that way relaxed, stoned feeling?

I think if your physiology is such that Indica's relax you I'd go with these:

Blueberry
Hindu Kush
GDP

I've heard blueberry is a bit tricky to grow, but if you use a CRF it won't be difficult at all.

If you find that Sativa's also relax you, I'd suggest Flo. Flo is like taking advil....no pain at all. But it also gives you a bit of energy. I don't go to sleep right away if I have some flo.

As mentioned by Doc Bud, MJ indeed is nervous system driven "all of us are wired differently." Below are simple description's of TX for Medical issues with MJ.

Medical Marijuana Effects: Indica vs. Sativa
The effects of marijuana can vary greatly depending on which sub-species, or strain, you medicate with. The plant species Cannabis sativa L. has two main sub-species used for medicinal purposes: Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa.

Marijuana Effects: Indica
Indica strains are sedatives/relaxants and are effective for treating the symptoms of medical conditions such as anxiety, chronic pain, insomnia, muscle spasms and tremors. Common strains include: White Berry, Blueberry, Northern Lights, Sensi Star and Gold Star. Indicas have a higher level of cannabinoids than sativas, which results in a sedated body-type effect. Because indica strains may cause feelings of sleepiness and heaviness, many patients prefer to medicate with this type of cannabis at night.

Marijuana Effects: Sativa
Sativa strains are more of a stimulant, and are effective in appetite stimulation, relieving depression, migraines, chronic pain and nausea. Common strains include: Haze, Trainwreck, K2, Kali Mist White Russian and Kiwi Green. Sativas have a higher level of THC than indicas, which results in a psychoactive and energetic mind-high. Because sativa strains may cause feelings of alertness and optimism, many patients prefer to medicate with this type of cannabis during the day.

Marijuana Effects: Hybrids
Hybrids and cross-breeds of indica and sativa strains produce varieties that carry some characteristics of each parent. For example, adding sativa to indica strains adds mental clarity and decreases sedation effects. And adding indica to sativa strains can decrease or even eliminate the sativa tendency to stimulate anxiety. Common strains include OG Kush, Himalayan Gold, Blue Cross, 00 Diesel and Kandy Kush.

Hybrids are often referred to based upon the dominant sub-species inherited from their lineage, eg: pure indica, mostly indica, mostly sativa, or pure sativa. Instead of using pure indica or pure sativa, many patients can benefit from the use of hybrid strains. There are a vast number of strains available for patients, each with a different cannabinoid profile and effect.

Hope that helps.....

Skid

hey bro....thanks for the words on the OC+, etc. When you check those final weights, I don't think they'll be too far apart, but that's just judging from the pics.

I'm of the opinion that the micronute profile is responsible for the better quality, while the NPK profile of the DM gives the better yield.....but lacking in the micro's, so not as exquisite.

What's the solution?

Well, I'm starting with quality soil, and adding:

Worm Castings
Bone meal
Malibu Compost
Greensand
My micro mix
Dolomite
OC+
Perlite

plus this stuff

The NPK of the tomato tone helps our plants.....heavy in Ca and K. Then there's all the microbes.

I'll water with compost teas, molasses, and probably some guano every now and then.....just to feed the soil, etc.

From what i can tell, I'll have enough "crap" in the soil to feed the microbes, and enough nutrition in the OC+ to keep the plants green and free of deficiencies.

This is basically my way of duplicating the results I got with the blackberry.....which was in organic soil then supplemented with OC+ when the soil nutes ran out. I could make the soil even hotter and use bigger pots in order to avoid the OC+.....but why?

I see these CRF's as being the 'secret weapon' in growing. They got yer back and keep your plants healthy.

sounds good, i was going to go with Tomato tone, but IMO i think the Vegetable tone is a better one to use. little lower NPK so its not too much just using it for the micros and micro life

sounds good, i was going to go with Tomato tone, but IMO i think the Vegetable tone is a better one to use. little lower NPK so its not too much just using it for the micros and micro life

that should work too......

I'm going to use temperature to shut off the OC+ later in the grow, so I want some good food in the soil web for that. We'll see.....more than a few ways to grow these plants!

Back
Top Bottom