Mello's Mystery Seed Party Cups Grow - 2nd Grow

Good evening Mr Poppins. I hope your well and not working too hard.

Baby greens looks good. Questions....

1. Should I keep vegging? I know, I know. I nag about this a lot. My fear is cultivating another male and wasting a 40 day veg period. Ouch!

IMO, yes. I feel your fears with the male but SHE will be better with a longer veg. Can you take some clones and put them straight into flower for confirmation?

2. I've noticed that the center most top is about 2 in higher than the rest. I was thinking of topping it, or fim, in order to slow it down while the rest catch up, but, with the flower switch coming up I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. What do my mentors think?

If you veg for longer top it and train the new tops. If not follow dank lead.

3. Was the whole un-bondage and re-bondage before the flip ok? I just wanted to give her a break and let her stretch up some before I start controlling the flower stretch.

what happens in veg, stays in veg. I don't take ties off once there on until harvest, I keep pulling them tighter if anything to control how tall they get.

4. She is uber mega bushy! What do I do? I've been defoliating underneath and leaf tucking above but she covers herself up again within an hour or two.

Have a look what LA does when he tucks leaves, he crimps the back of Leaf stem with his thumb nail. Kinda like super cropping the leaf.

Rootie looks a little over watered also. Nice color in her new growth.

1. Is she rootbound?

pull her from the pot and have a look

2. Since last feed was plain water, do I nute her this time?

I would but at a reduced level

3. I find it difficult to pay attention to the watering in these small pots, what do you guys suggest I do?

pay more attention :rofl:

4. Was pruning a bit a good idea or too much stress for an already stressed lady?

probably not but what's done is done. Give her a few days to dry out. She looks a little over watered to me.

New life does look a little sad. Let her dry out a lot.

1. WILL she be ok?

of course she will.

:circle-of-love:Congrats on your finals results my friend. I'm sure you will smash the last one. Big respect for you, I don't know how you find the time to do all you do. Keep on growing :circle-of-love:

I tried the PM but it wasn't working. I think Baby Greens just told me she was a girl. If you have the ability to zoom in to pics please help confirm this for me.....

Zoom in on red square.

Signs_of_gender_2.jpg

or brightened up a bit if it helps any

gender_2-1.jpg

The one I'm pointing at is on the opposite side of that branch and the one in between what your pointing at and what I am is the thing no one ever knows the name of lol :rofl: I think its a stipule if I'm not mistaken. Also, I'm not sure what your getting at with what your pointing out..... could you elaborate a little? :blushsmile::popcorn:

Thought about adding my 2 cents on all of your questions but between Dank, Mr Am4zin and Nivek, there really was nothing to add, it would be just repeating what they have said.

And like they said, I believe she will be fine, just give her a little TLC

Grats on your education also. I am proud of anyone who finishes their education, it is not easy.:hug:

Boy I sure hope I'm wrong but that might be the start of some ball off to the right of the square. Didn't really see any pistils. Throw that Momma into flower and lets see.

Yea I would have to agree here with Justalittle. What you have highlighted are common little hair-like things but they are not pistils. I wish I knew the name of them. Perhaps someone will but what I think I do see is the formation of a little ball at the intersect of that hair-like thing, I wish I knew the name of, and the stem.

Sorry Holmes. I don't wanna tell you that.
:love:

You think? It's really pointy though, not round. The male from my first grow had round nubs. This one is more tear drop shaped but with an elongated tip. No pistils. We are just looking at the calyxes right now. I'm using the pic below as a reference. They look almost exact, when in the primordial stage and premature stage before the pistils.

user65379_pic216721_1258049628.jpg

I think mellos right, about that thing.. A stipule.

You could be right about the left side..after a second look i see what ur pointing out. Coullddd be.
And the thing i was pointing out just looks like a calyx, i wouldnt go as far as saying balls just yet!

Wow, what a timely topic,, i have an afghani reg I am waiting to sex, the Ole fashioned way, time,,:Namaste:,, 56 days old,, no confirmation,, yet,, i see all those same indicators,, last afghani I swore was male, but turned female, at 8 weeks,, like the book said, two months to maturation,, i would say thats female,, but sure would not guarantee it,, funny thing is,, of my reg seeds, I have yet to have a male, so dunno a male indicator,,

Great topic,, cheers

Well niveK, I have grown a male and I believe that the indicators are more round and grape like rather than an elongated tear drop. I sure hope I haven't wasted my time. I really should of just bought seeds from a 420 sponsor but I wanted to get the power first. Thannks for stopping by bud. Don't play keep a way now. :rofl: :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom