Mexicokate Gifted Seeds Soil 1st Grow!

My set up has arrived!! This is the before.

Will be setting it up today, cant wait to get her into it!

Also the dude recommended these

Have made up a feed solution of Canna Rhizotonic and Goliath Vege part 1 and 2 which I have been applying with a spray bottle.

Interested to see how she will take off!!

Will keep u posted

I finally have assembled my tent, everything is a go!

I have questions.... so many questions....
  • When should I open up some of the ventilation holes? It has 1 on the roof and 2 on the sides, it also has mesh down the bottom.
  • Do I need to bring my light down while they are so small?
  • So I have 1 in there approx 3 weeks since germination and another 4 that are 1 week since germination, is it ok to have multiple seedlings in there atm? The 4 young ones I am planning on putting outside... will probably start a second journal for those.
  • The light cycle recommended at this stage is 18/6, my baliste is set to 250, it been suggested that I give them a good feed a couple of hours after they are awake, and again before I put them to bed, what are your thoughts on this?
I'm getting nervous now after spending so much that I will fuck this up :/

Thanks for your feedback!!

I think you'll need to do more than open the vents to keep your temperature down. Do you have a thermometer and hygrometer for your tent?

I suggest leaving the socks open, and checking the temperature every few hours. If it gets too hot, open the bottom vents as well. If the temperature doesn't drop, you'll need to add an extraction fan.

nice looking setup. Very clean.

the vent holes are for inline fans to help control the environment. With the 600w you should look into one for when you go full power.

you are perfect running it at 250. I used a 250 in my veg tent with good results. I usually kept it around 30” at the seedlings stage. They don’t need tons of light at this stage.

I however don’t love that watering advice. At the seedling stage it’s ok to keep them moist but you want to let the soil dry so the roots develop as expected.

:green_heart:

I think you'll need to do more than open the vents to keep your temperature down. Do you have a thermometer and hygrometer for your tent?

I suggest leaving the socks open, and checking the temperature every few hours. If it gets too hot, open the bottom vents as well. If the temperature doesn't drop, you'll need to add an extraction fan.
No thermometer or hygrometer... what is the ideal temp and humidity? I'm gonna go get one now

Because each environment is different so you will need to see what suits yours best so could be opening one vent, or both, or having your exhaust on 24/7 or on a timer....all depends on your setup. Checking every couple hours like old salt said will enable you to see how your environment is and you should change one thing at a time to make it suit your needs.

For seedling and veg you want higher humidity and slight higher temps
60+% humidity and 75-80f. Your night temp can be slightly lower but ideally not lower than 65f

During flower you would want to lower those numbers.

All looking good, have started to establish a wet dry cycle with this plant, she is approx 18 days sprouted.
I am planning on mixing her up a pot size today, have got this prepared.

When does everyone suggest to turn up my light?

Am I right that the second stage of vege is from approx 3 to 7 weeks?

This will no doubt coincide.. but you cant always believe everything you read on the internet right?

Have started a second journal for my second grow as well Mexicokate second grow

My seeds arrived from Crop King :) sprouting 2 as we speak. They are an auto flower lambs breath. Am very interested to watch them, apparently 7 to 12 week cycle... will start that journal soon

Any recent pictures? What is your light on now? How high above the plants?

I’m not sure on second stage of veg I don’t worry much about that. You’re either in veg. Or you’re transitioning to flower. Or your in flower.

Positive vibes

All looking good, have started to establish a wet dry cycle with this plant, she is approx 18 days sprouted.
I am planning on mixing her up a pot size today, have got this prepared.

When does everyone suggest to turn up my light?

Am I right that the second stage of vege is from approx 3 to 7 weeks?

This will no doubt coincide.. but you cant always believe everything you read on the internet right?

Have started a second journal for my second grow as well Mexicokate second grow

My seeds arrived from Crop King :) sprouting 2 as we speak. They are an auto flower lambs breath. Am very interested to watch them, apparently 7 to 12 week cycle... will start that journal soon
Im growing lambs breath auto currently, around day 20. Im doing LST, so far so good

Because each environment is different so you will need to see what suits yours best so could be opening one vent, or both, or having your exhaust on 24/7 or on a timer....all depends on your setup. Checking every couple hours like old salt said will enable you to see how your environment is and you should change one thing at a time to make it suit your needs.

For seedling and veg you want higher humidity and slight higher temps
60+% humidity and 75-80f. Your night temp can be slightly lower but ideally not lower than 65f

During flower you would want to lower those numbers.
Hygrometer arrived, my humidity is low!! 29%... and sitting round 85F....

So to remedy this I have placed some extra water in the tent, and have a little fan that I've chucked in too. The tent is pretty small. Any other suggestions of how to raise the humidity?

85f im pretty sure is too hot....is your exhaust turned all the way up? Whats the temperature of the room your tent is in?

Its in the garage, and it's not an overly warm room, was told not to worry about an extraction fan until later on, but think I will have to invest early.
I've opened up all the panels around the tent and have the door cracked to bring the temp down. Basically sitting here watching the temp drop and the humidity rise.

Learning, learning always learning!!

If you can create negative pressure itll constantly be getting air exchanged. I had a fan blowing at bottom vent just enough to create that pressure. Have another fan in there oscillating if possible at the plants. Keeps the air circulating and should bring heat down. If you have min and max on your hygrometer you will know the range throughout the day. Just continue to monitor and changing one thing at a time was what I was told and its worked well for my environment.

Here is a wee bit of a progress report on my unknown seed.
I have started some of that low stress training I've seen around the place... im thinking this plant is the Guinea pig, once I started LST I realised I'm going to need to repot her at some stage too, can I repot at this stage without fucking her up?

I think it looks like there are some pistils there too... hopefully

Seem to have worked out the humidity during this phase.
Need to start doing some research as to what happens next.
Wish me luck

Back
Top Bottom