Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Saaaweeet!! I think I got a buzz just from seeing those girls, looking good man. I just had a test bowl of a WW popcorn myself, oh yeah baby!

BC

Hi BC, thanks man.

I hope your WW tester is heavy duty. I'v managed to stay away from the WW so far. Had a small Mango tester a few days ago. It was decent but could use a little amber. I'm taking the widows before they get that far.

Hi Joeey, this is the best place to ask grow questions.

Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine

I would raise the light and not use nutes on seedlings.
Can't tell how close your light is from the pic. You might want to run some water through your cups if they have nutrient mix in them, just in case. I'm not sure what your ph should be in rockwool.(assuming thats what they are in, I've never used it)
good luck. try to add as much detail as possible when asking for assistance.

thanks!

Hi wct, thanks.
The 2 widows I plan on taking first have been flushing about weeks. Started a little early I guess. Learn as I go.
Every time I open the cabinet up I want to let them go longer. They're still slowly trying to put out foxtails.

Bumping the update.

76 days since the flip. Around 10 weeks on average since first pistils.

Maybe 80-90% milky/cloudy 10% clear trichs on the widow center left. I'm gonna take that one down tomorrow(Sunday), or most of it, at least. The front left widow is close also, but not quite ready yet. I want to let one of them go long to check out the difference. The widow in the back and the Mangos have some time left.

Couple of screen shots and a few ww buds.
IMG_26602.JPG

IMG_2646-1.JPG

HPIM3752.JPG

IMG_27193.JPG

IMG_26416.JPG

hi mate thanks for the pics with the ruler......they are indeed a good size....id be happy with a screen filled with that size colas......my girls are stretching like mad...and starting to scare me with my height restrictions fingers crossed ill be ok....thanks again mate..........be lucky weedtastic

no problem weedtastic. Thanks, I think they're doing all right. Always room for improvement.:cheer:

I thought the White Rhino grew short and fat. have you changed something other than increased wattage? Hope you can slow them. Good luck.

Looking Wonderful Mmmmick Great pictures too! Yummy! :cheer:
Let one or two get a bit amber, just in case you can't get to sleep some night!:)

I must have been into the meds in a big way. I cruised past your post without a reply. Apologies, OMM and thank you.

It never hurts to have a variety of strains in the stash. I'm unfamiliar with both strains so I tried an early chop on the smaller spare mango. 75% cloudy or so. I've put off taking any of the widows yet, seems I change my mind every day.:grinjoint:

125.9 g's wet with a finger trim. It was almost bald anyway, didn't take long to trim. I cleaned it up a bit with scissors before hanging. Around an oz dry probably, better than tossing it out.

Mango_2_sep13_126g_wet.JPG

Mango_2_sep13_126g_wet_trimmed.JPG

I must have been into the meds in a big way. I cruised past your post without a reply. Apologies, OMM and thank you.

It never hurts to have a variety of strains in the stash. I'm unfamiliar with both strains so I tried an early chop on the smaller spare mango. 75% cloudy or so. I've put off taking any of the widows yet, seems I change my mind very day.:grinjoint:

125.9 g's wet with a finger trim. It was almost bald anyway, didn't take long to trim. I cleaned it up a bit with scissors before hanging. Around an oz dry probably, better than tossing it out.

Mango_2_sep13_126g_wet.JPG

Mango_2_sep13_126g_wet_trimmed.JPG

Looking tasty:blunt: Cant wait to see how mine turn out starting to flower soon. Hope they look as nice as those. You going to start another grow with LEDs?

Hi Anomoly, thanks. I still have all 6 plants under the scrog. This mango was one of 2 extra females that I was planning to give to a friend but he passed on them so I stuck them in a temporary cabinet with little ventilation and let them finish in 2 gallon pots instead of putting them in the 3 1/4 gallon bags. They've had a mixed bag of lighting during flower, but I figured whatever they produce is just a little extra stash.

The 2 extras didn't go through a reveg attempt like my primary plants did, so they are finishing a little faster. Although this one was taken a little early. Since these 2 are outside the focus of this journal, I can play with chop times on them instead of the main set of plants.

I plan another led grow when these are all finished. I lost most of my clones in the heat this summer but I have a couple of WW's taken since (taken in flower) and a couple of Y2K clones that should be here in a few days. I may add a couple of Afi Hindu Kush as well. Not sure if I want to do 6 plants again or drop it to 4 with decent veg time under the screen, which this grow didn't get.

Hi Anomoly, thanks. I still have all 6 plants under the scrog. This mango was one of 2 extra females that I was planning to give to a friend but he passed on them so I stuck them in a temporary cabinet with little ventilation and let them finish in 2 gallon pots instead of putting them in the 3 1/4 gallon bags. They've had a mixed bag of lighting during flower, but I figured whatever they produce is just a little extra stash.

The 2 extras didn't go through a reveg attempt like my primary plants did, so they are finishing a little faster. Although this one was taken a little early. Since these 2 are outside the focus of this journal, I can play with chop times on them instead of the main set of plants.

I plan another led grow when these are all finished. I lost most of my clones in the heat this summer but I have a couple of WW's taken since (taken in flower) and a couple of Y2K clones that should be here in a few days. I may add a couple of Afi Hindu Kush as well. Not sure if I want to do 6 plants again or drop it to 4 with decent veg time under the screen, which this grow didn't get.

I highly recommend a low plant count and longer veg for ScrOG. Gives a more controlled and even canopy IMO.

Hi Munki, I agree.

This grow was more to ensure a somewhat full screen so we could get a handle on coverage for this led. Plants didn't get veg time under the screen as they should have because I screwed up the sexing. My first seed grow and I thought they would show preflowers faster than I could sex them and reveg. But I didn't have room for 18 plants in bigger pots, which left them rootbound too long and that stress kept them from preflowering. I ended up flowering them for sex and went right under the screen while in flower, after repotting. So 6 plants were used instead of 4 with proper vegging.

Next run I should be able to veg 4 plants under the screen as they should be. I expect a much better looking scrog, more uniformity and still full coverage of the screen with fewer plants.

I made poor decisions from the start by popping too many seeds to ensure having enough females, then added to the mess with more poor decisions. If these plants weren't so forgiving they'd pull up their roots and move out. :rofl:

None of the above is meant as an excuse just an explanation of some of the many ways I messed this one up/learned in the process.

I appreciate your feedback and I'm pretty thick skinned so don't be shy to point out areas where I can improve. You had a 2 plant scrog a while back that filled a good sized screen and I recall being quite impressed with the size of the stems. ooops... rambled editing while sampling...:lot-o-toke:

Right on. It is recommended for ScrOG to use clones as the starting plants. Easier to get even growth especially if higher plant counts are used. There is less worry about getting even growth out of the plants if there is only one or two going, so that a great reason for the low counts.

With your ScrOG and many others I have seen, the screen has acted more like how LST tie downs go. Helps to spread the budding stems out from the center, but does not lay those stems out horizontally forcing the little buds to rise like a small forest over the screen. To get that forest effect, the branches are trained to grow underneath the screen which is done mostly during the stretch phase of flower.

I think you are aware of this already, but wanted to state it for the other readers of your thread. If the buds rise more than 3 to 4 inches above the screen, it isn't a classic ScrOG as the grow technique was developed to maximize the growing potential of florescent tube lighting (low penetration lighting).

Exactly. The veg that I had to skip would have allowed me to lay those branches out with time to develope the budsites. There are only a couple of spots in this screen where that took place partially and I did little trimming of congested areas. The last two to show allowed a little tweaking.

It's got a screen but it's not really scroggin' until properly vegged and manicured. I know what I want it to look like and I knew that wasn't happening this round but I'll get there. I could have had major strain differences to deal with as well, lucked out there. They're similar in size.

That is why the technique suits wide dispersion leds so well. No serious depth required, it's more about coverage.

Exactly. The veg that I had to skip would have allowed me to lay those branches out with time to develope the budsites. There are only a couple of spots in this screen where that took place partially and I did little trimming of congested areas. The last two to show allowed a little tweaking.

It's got a screen but it's not really scroggin' until properly vegged and manicured. I know what I want it to look like and I knew that wasn't happening this round but I'll get there. I could have had major strain differences to deal with as well, lucked out there. They're similar in size.

That is why the technique suits wide dispersion leds so well. No serious depth required, it's more about coverage.

Yep. Hope to demonstrate that with a light mover within the next year.

Back
Top Bottom