Mmmmick HGL 126W Demo SCROG 4 x Super Skunk x Grape Crush

Re: Mmmmick HGL 126W Demo SCROG 4xSuper Skunk x Grape Crush

IMG_3201-1.JPG

Now that's a pretty picture :thumb:

Are you still vegging? I think I threw mine into flower too soon last time. No stretch, and pretty small (4-6") buds. You have a very healthy looking screen going on there, nice.

:peace:

thanks Horse

I flipped to 12/12 on Dec 1st. app 80% full screen. I may have to raise the screen a notch or two before the stretch stops. Lots of budsites just out of view that need a little tweaking.

Bud size will be smaller but they should be more numerous with SCROG style growing, theoretically resulting in more yield due to more light hitting buds that would have been lower and possibly hidden in shadow. Of course the strain will make a difference. You may grow a strain that stretches minimally, which will require a more full screen before flipping to flower. A different strain with more stretch might require flipping earlier.

thanks Horse

I flipped to 12/12 on Dec 1st. app 80% full screen. I may have to raise the screen a notch or two before the stretch stops. Lots of budsites just out of view that need a little tweaking.

Bud size will be smaller but they should be more numerous with SCROG style growing. Theoretically resulting in more yield. Of course the strain will make a difference. You may grow a strain that stretches minimally, which will require a more full screen before flipping to flower. A different strain with more stretch might require flipping earlier.

Yeah, I had been looking at Papa Green's scrog. He musta had 18" buds... tangled, but terrific!

Yeah I've seen scrogs that looked like a solid mass of 12" buds. Too many plants for the available space. Or a strain that just isn't suited to Scrog. If I pack them in that tight I'll probably lose most of it to PM/bud rot. Part of the reason I went to scrog growing is to keep the buds smaller so I don't have the PM or mold issues that tormented my first plants, although the primary reason was lack of penetration by leds.

Yeah I've seen scrogs that looked like a solid mass of 12" buds. Too many plants for the available space. Or a strain that just isn't suited to Scrog. If I pack them in that tight I'll probably lose most of it to PM/bud rot. Part of the reason I went to scrog growing is to keep the buds smaller so I don't have the PM or mold issues that tormented my first plants, although the primary reason was lack of penetration by leds.

Know your limitations and grow to your strengths!

Holy shyte that looks awesome Mmmmick! How many plants are under there?

Sorry for all the newbie questions but this threading you're doing is basically to let the colas through the screen right?

I've had terrible bud rot & mold issues too, but I was dealing with awful temps and humidity last summer. I'm hoping it will be way better this time around. I'll take smaller buds too if it means no mold or rot.

Keep up the great job, it really does look great, so green and healthy. :peace:

Thanks BlueDog, there's 2 Rocklocks under there. I think they're gonna load it up.

Newbie questions are what this is all about, ask away. If I can help, great, if not somebody else can.
I'm trying to open up as many budsites as possible until the stretch fades, by tucking fan leaves so they aren't shading any nodes. LST - Low Stress Training is used to direct the tips were they need to be fill the screen.

I had the nasty summer here also, 5 or 6 weeks of unusual temps and high humidity. PM was a continuing fight. Serenade or Bud Rot STop are supposed to be great for mold/mildew and bud rot, both use the same bacterium, safe for humans, dies in 2 weeks. Used right at harvest it should be pretty much gone by the time a week cure is finshed. I may have finally found a way to get some locally. It's restricted in Canada, unless you know somebody in a greenhouse, etc.

This is a much better time of year for a grow, for me. I can heat the place but there's no A/C for summer.

Thanks again BlueDog, things are going great so far.

oh yeah, there's no actual weaving going on just positioning under the screen and in grid holes.

Welcome Butch, it's gonna be great to see your journal rockin again.

Looking very, very nice as usual, not going to have any issues filling that screen. Great job...

Thanks sisco. At least another week of stretch, so I'm hoping they'll load up.

Thanks sonzor, they'e coming along pretty well so far.

hey mmmmick, i was just wondering about the scrog, do u set ur screen at a certain height u want it at, then let the plants just grow into it , keeping the plant under and just feed the bud sites thru the screen? and u start ur flower just as the bud sites are above the screen ?
:grinjoint:

Mmmmmick can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the way this was done was: put the screen in place, flips to 12/12 shortly after, and then adjusts the screen upward if the flowering stretch makes things too crowded.

Of course each strain varies, so there may be some strains you would let veg a while with the screen in place..

hey mmmmick, i was just wondering about the scrog, do u set ur screen at a certain height u want it at, then let the plants just grow into it , keeping the plant under and just feed the bud sites thru the screen? and u start ur flower just as the bud sites are above the screen ?
:grinjoint:

hi staffy.
If the plants are small enough I set the screen height at 8-10" and let the plants veg until 75-80% of the screen is filled, then flip to 12/12 and guide the plants as they stretch. As the stretch slows the plants are primarily left to do their thing as the budsites will mostly be positioned and growing where i want them.
These two Rocklocks were big enough to require some supercropping to get them under the screen and growing in the right direction to populate the screen. As JG said in the previous post, my screen can be raised to accommodate strains with more stretch than I initially expected. These plants needed 6-7 days to veg until the screen was sufficiently loaded.

Mmmmmick can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the way this was done was: put the screen in place, flips to 12/12 shortly after, and then adjusts the screen upward if the flowering stretch makes things too crowded.

Of course each strain varies, so there may be some strains you would let veg a while with the screen in place..

that sounds good to me.:)

Hi Mmmmick! :cheer:

I was just thinking if I grew your way, that screen would be much higher, I don't think I could crawl under there to straighten things up. I think Papa Green did one like that. Would need a great deal of space to do it though.

Yours is still looking great. OMM :blushsmile::blushsmile:

Hi OMM, good to see you survived the storm.:cheer:

Yep, I'm already regretting that I didn't mount this side of the cabinet with a pull out scrog as well. It makes the underscreen maintenance so much easier on the big side of the cabinet. I use a pair of 11" long-nose pliers to get to the rear of this side.

Thanks OMM, I'll do what I can to keep them that way.

Back
Top Bottom