Morda Grows Blacken Blueberry Rose With The ZE250 Sponsored By ParfactWorks

I think I will take that advice, I'll get caught up later.

Was just talking to my boy (stepson), it is his birthday today and got, what he said, was best Birthday ever... He got his commercial aviators license today! :yahoo: I am so proud of him for following his dream and making it happen! WhoooooT! :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's so totally kool! I’d be proud too!

I think I will take that advice, I'll get caught up later.

Was just talking to my boy (stepson), it is his birthday today and got, what he said, was best Birthday ever... He got his commercial aviators license today! :yahoo: I am so proud of him for following his dream and making it happen! WhoooooT! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Wow!! That is wonderful news!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday to him!!!

Thank you... Ok cool we have a couple Dollar Trees around and did not see them. I will have to look better I guess. LOL In case I don't see them at Dollar Tree, Yes, Walmart had them that was where I saw to loop ones I mentioned above.
Morda what week is Audrey at, that plant is beautiful

Morda what week is Audrey at, that plant is beautiful
Thank You! Audrey III is now 38 days old or, 5 weeks 3 days. Compared to the others well...

Groupshot-07.jpg

Groupshot-07-02.jpg

Just WoW... :thedoubletake:

I started feeding this week with a 1/4 recommended mix of Nutes. I found that I was over feeding my outdoor plants at a 1/2 mix so these are getting a 1/4 mix. The small plants are showing they are hungry? Or, are having other issues. I think this will be the last time I use small cups for starters on indoor grows. Though Audrey may be an exception, it size is so much more advanced than the others. It makes me wonder if it is the pot size that is stunting the others. The smaller plants are at 6 nodes now and half the size Audrey was at the same point. IMO, Audrey III is at the point of going 12/12 on lighting. With others so small, I may just let them be small going into 12/12.

Any advice other growers can give at this point would be very helpful. My thought is I want one male. The male does not have to be big just provide pollen. If any other of them are female, it will just have the top bud on it.

I also have used Safers on them and have seen no new signs of Thrips. I am still looking for them once a week. the next Check day will be Sunday.

I messed up the dates on the smaller ones, but they are so close to the same age I'm not going to bother with a new pic I will just correct it here:
Seed 3 is 35 Days
Seed 3-2 is 33 Days
Seed 5-2 is 34 Days
Seed 6-2 is 35 Days

If you're not happy with the growth rate on the smaller four, why would you want to breed them?
I am not happy with the growth of any of the smaller ones compared to Audrey.

That thought has crossed my mind as well. I'm not sure if it is the pot size at this point or genetics. If it is the pot size then it really don't matter. However if it is genetics, you are 420% spot on in just trashing them and let Audrey III just have all the room to thrive. Could be because the seeds were still fresh (green) as well.
They're all looking green to me! Might want to raise the shorter ones to bring them closer to the light and level with Audrey.
If I re-pot 2 of them to the 3 Gal pots I can get them closer to the light and give the roots more room or just raise all 4 in the pots they are in now. Then I must think too that because I'm not happy with the way they are going, why bother with re-potting them. Tough call but I need to make it very soon I would think.
I'm glad the Safers is working. :high-five:
:high-five:

just raise all 4 in the pots they are in now. Then I must think too that because I'm not happy with the way they are going, why bother with re-potting them. Tough call but I need to make it very soon I would think.
Best way to see if the pot size is making a difference is to slide out the root balls and take a peek. If they're not due for transplanting then I'd put them on a box and see how they respond to more light. I've never found pot size to be a constraint for growth, but light could be a factor.

Best way to see if the pot size is making a difference is to slide out the root balls and take a peek. If they're not due for transplanting then I'd put them on a box and see how they respond to more light. I've never found pot size to be a constraint for growth, but light could be a factor.
They will be due for a watering on Sunday and that would be a good time to also check the roots. When they were in the cups, they were closer to the light than Audrey was that whole time. During that time as well they were slow and behind. That kinda swings me back to genetics or some other unseen factor too.

Hummmm... It most certainly will not hurt to check the roots then raise them up and see if there is improvement first though.

Thank You! Audrey III is now 38 days old or, 5 weeks 3 days. Compared to the others well...

Groupshot-07.jpg

Groupshot-07-02.jpg

Just WoW... :thedoubletake:

I started feeding this week with a 1/4 recommended mix of Nutes. I found that I was over feeding my outdoor plants at a 1/2 mix so these are getting a 1/4 mix. The small plants are showing they are hungry? Or, are having other issues. I think this will be the last time I use small cups for starters on indoor grows. Though Audrey may be an exception, it size is so much more advanced than the others. It makes me wonder if it is the pot size that is stunting the others. The smaller plants are at 6 nodes now and half the size Audrey was at the same point. IMO, Audrey III is at the point of going 12/12 on lighting. With others so small, I may just let them be small going into 12/12.

Any advice other growers can give at this point would be very helpful. My thought is I want one male. The male does not have to be big just provide pollen. If any other of them are female, it will just have the top bud on it.

I also have used Safers on them and have seen no new signs of Thrips. I am still looking for them once a week. the next Check day will be Sunday.

I messed up the dates on the smaller ones, but they are so close to the same age I'm not going to bother with a new pic I will just correct it here:
Seed 3 is 35 Days
Seed 3-2 is 33 Days
Seed 5-2 is 34 Days
Seed 6-2 is 35 Days
The biggest pot of my grow is the biggest plant as well. They might be smaller but they look great too, Audrey is twice their size, that’s crazy, I can think of worse problems than having a monster plant

The biggest pot of my grow is the biggest plant as well. They might be smaller but they look great too, Audrey is twice their size, that’s crazy, I can think of worse problems than having a monster plant
Thank you. I'm not sure it is all pot size. Like @InTheShed said that may not necessarily the issue, at least with these. When I compare I would say at this point Audery may be more like 5 times the size of the others. Even Audrey's smallest beaches are bigger than the others. Every time I look at her now I hear "FEeeD ME SEeeYMOUR!" :rofl:

So I have been doing some thinking of what my next step will be. In the mean time I raised the 4 smaller plants. I added enough height so I could lower them as needed.

Groupshot-08-raised.jpg

I also decided to check for sex while I was at it.

Seed 3 looks to be Female:
seed3-05-female.jpg

Seed 3-2 looks to be Male:
seed 3-2 03-male.jpg

Seed 5-2 Female:
seed 5-2 03-female.jpg

Seed 6-2 Looks to be Female on one side and male on the other. The way I am determining the sex if by the shape of the pre-flower. If it is Female it will pointed and the bulbous part is close to the stem. If it is Male it will be round on the top of the pre-flower. You will also notice a small stem setting it off away from the main stem.

6-2 Female Side:
seed 6-2 03-02female.jpg

It looks female, just not sure if that point is a leaf tip or pre-flower tip:
seed 6-2 03-01female.jpg

Having seen that I only have one for sure male in the bunch. Seed 3-2 will be named Seymour. As far as the others go, I'm really debating just taking 2 out and keep the best looking other female for a 3gal pot along with the only male.

Thank you. I'm not sure it is all pot size. Like @InTheShed said that may not necessarily the issue, at least with these. When I compare I would say at this point Audery may be more like 5 times the size of the others. Even Audrey's smallest beaches are bigger than the others. Every time I look at her now I hear "FEeeD ME SEeeYMOUR!" :rofl:
I'm glad to hear she didn't eat your precious wife yet...sheesh...you better keep to feeding her yourself at this rate

I'm glad to hear she didn't eat your precious wife yet...sheesh...you better keep to feeding her yourself at this rate
I was meaning I would be the one eaten by my own plant. :rofl: I got the nick name Frankenstein years ago, 1995ish, when I started customizing my computer case and used old computer parts to do it.

Morda are you growing the male for seeds or are you cross breeding different strains. I’m curious , I don’t know anything about either subject.
Tell you what your not kidding about Audrey, that plant dwarfs the other ones.
Have you ever had a plant do that before, maybe you should cross breed her, maybe there’s something different in her genetics. I think getting proficient in growing and knowing how to cross breed these plants has to be fun ,

Have you taken into consideration that Audrey is being bottom fed constantly & the 4 small ones aren't. Between that, pot size & light it probably makes a big difference.

On another note.... I can't seem to understand how this bottom feeding works. I've heard over & over that plants in soil need a wet / dry cycle for root growth & to prevent root rot. To me Bottom Feeding a plant makes the wet / dry cycle thing False. Even Coco grows defy that reason-ality.

Morda are you growing the male for seeds or are you cross breeding different strains. I’m curious , I don’t know anything about either subject.
Over time both. The goal of this grow is for what is called an F2 cross. The F2 in breeding is the first cross of a brother & sister plant of your first cross of two Parents.

Parents Cross:
Blueberry Smoothie (Male)
Creating----------------------------------> Blacken Blueberry Rose (referred to as the F1)
Black Sugar Rose (Female)

Once you have the F1 Your next step is creating the F2 of that first cross which is what this current grow is.

Crossing a Sister & Brother of F1 creating the F2
F1 Blacken Blueberry Rose (Brother)
Creating-----------------------------------> Blacken Blueberry Rose (referred to as the F2)
F1 Blacken Blueberry Rose (Sister)

The goal in breeding is to select the most healthy plants to cross. Looking for the traits you want to bring into the cross. These would be things like Color, Size, Terps... etc. With my male being a weak grower, it is not the best choice. This is where I need to think and ask myself... Is this the plant I want to cross? Or Do I want to wait and try and grow a better male?

If I decide to wait on the F2 Cross, my optimal choices are:
Continue with just Audrey III and try my luck at making Feminized Seeds.
Or
Continue with just Audrey III and grow it out to bud and harvest. Maybe taking a clone or Re-Veg and attempt that.

Granted these are not my only choices, just the most logical IMO. One of my goals is to try my hand at Feminizing Seeds with Colloidal Silver. This was a secondary goal if, like is the case, my males turn out weak or have no trait to pass on that I want. This is the Pheno Hunt part of my adventure into crossing and breeding. With Audrey III being a strong plant, I may be better off feminizing the seeds to use the genetics of her in future grows.

Have you ever had a plant do that before, maybe you should cross breed her, maybe there’s something different in her genetics. I think getting proficient in growing and knowing how to cross breed these plants has to be fun ,

I have just started my journey into breeding since I got the @ParfactWorks ZE250 light. It is not that I couldn't do it before, having the light allows me to control things better. Like you I'm just starting this adventure. This is only my third serious grow and only my first serious indoor grow. Having said that, I had 1 Very strong plant this summer that did as Audrey III is doing but, it was an outdoor grow. I was not growing for breeding, it was for yield. I have always been a geek/nerd and find the breeding aspects interesting and yes Fun as well. Where you can always grow a plant for yield and such, The geek in me has to dive deeper into this than just that. I do not want to have to depend on Seed Banks. I want to have my own personal seed bank being a long term goal, not to sell seeds, just personal use and pass on to local friends. I also want to breed what works well for my needs and the personal feeling/satisfaction of "I created it."

Have you taken into consideration that Audrey is being bottom fed constantly & the 4 small ones aren't. Between that, pot size & light it probably makes a big difference.

Yes I have, If these are the results of that, I need to test it further. I think my next grow indoors will be two plants in these buckets and see how they go.

On another note.... I can't seem to understand how this bottom feeding works. I've heard over & over that plants in soil need a wet / dry cycle for root growth & to prevent root rot. To me Bottom Feeding a plant makes the wet / dry cycle thing False. Even Coco grows defy that reason-ality.
This may help, the soil is not Always wet. I have to keep the reservoir full. I let all/most the water get pulled out of the reservoir before refilling while indoors. This summer when they were outside, I had a big problem with over watering issues using these buckets. Between liquid feeding and rain, it was a juggling act. When it comes to the roots they look for water. I do top water on the sides as well. My thought is that is not only send roots to the sides but also deeper.

Yes I have, If these are the results of that, I need to test it further. I think my next grow indoors will be two plants in these buckets and see how they go.

This may help, the soil is not Always wet. I have to keep the reservoir full. I let all/most the water get pulled out of the reservoir before refilling while indoors. This summer when they were outside, I had a big problem with over watering issues using these buckets. Between liquid feeding and rain, it was a juggling act. When it comes to the roots they look for water. I do top water on the sides as well. My thought is that is not only send roots to the sides but also deeper.
My buddy swears by that bucket method. Says his plants grow twice the size way faster then in just soil pots. I'm getting tempted to try 1 bucket to see for myself.... lol.

Back
Top Bottom