Morty's Photographic Journal Of Dubiousness & Rickity Science - Blue Bud

Urb, all this talk of grey cards inspired me to dust off the ol' Photoshop and install it after slumming it with paint.NET since I joined up here. I broke out the grey card and got the basic gist of how it all comes together in Photoshop. Should make for some better photos once the plants get too big to move much from under the blurple.

.See this is stuff I need help with. I have a decent camera (Nikon D7100) and Ms Stank just bought me a nice Macro lens but I just don't know enough to use this thing to a fraction of its potential. Any advice or recommendations to help me learn some basics and build upon them is greatly welcome!!! Assign me homework!! Give me lessons...I want to learn how to use this thing.

I have a decent eye for taking good pictures (with cell phones or the nikon in perfect conditions) but I just don't know how to use camera's ability or resources.

.See this is stuff I need help with. I have a decent camera (Nikon D7100) and Ms Stank just bought me a nice Macro lens but I just don't know enough to use this thing to a fraction of its potential. Any advice or recommendations to help me learn some basics and build upon them is greatly welcome!!! Assign me homework!! Give me lessons...I want to learn how to use this thing.

I have a decent eye for taking good pictures (with cell phones or the nikon in perfect conditions) but I just don't know how to use camera's ability or resources.

Check out the intro post by kelticBlue on the photography thread. He posts a link showing how to use the grey card. Thats a good thing to learn. The rest, we can show you, you will love the control you have after a while. I think we could start you off on the User Settings (Aperture, Shutter, DoF, Auto). You learn what that setting is doing and how to do it manually.

Pop over to the photography thread, and start with a question, we should do something like an assignment eventually.

Well an interesting development in the positive intent grow.

This is an incredible survival story. The unlikely hero. In the pot labeled “healthy”. Back from the brink of death. We officially have two Gods Blue Warp.

GBW_IMG_9213_survivor.JPG

The other Blue Bud are also doing fine. Gave everyone a drink of RO. How big can they get in 4” containers before I should put them in 1 gallon pots?
GBW_IMG_9215.JPG

GBW_IMG_9217.JPG

Things are looking good in here Urb! Looking forward to seeing all these grow up, and with your camera skills its always a joy to peruse your journal .. As for transplant timing, I can't tell you much I'm afraid, but if I had to guess I'd say they look good to pot up in the next few days to a week...Take care bro .

Check out the intro post by kelticBlue on the photography thread. He posts a link showing how to use the grey card. Thats a good thing to learn. The rest, we can show you, you will love the control you have after a while. I think we could start you off on the User Settings (Aperture, Shutter, DoF, Auto). You learn what that setting is doing and how to do it manually.

Pop over to the photography thread, and start with a question, we should do something like an assignment eventually.

I was thinking about that. I was thinking perhaps I could take pictures of my setting dials and post them on there and something simple as once a week we can go over a setting or two and what it does, why I would use it and then give me homework of pictures to take using that particular setting. I look at them and tend to be overwhelmed because I don't know what any of them do.

I was thinking about that. I was thinking perhaps I could take pictures of my setting dials and post them on there and something simple as once a week we can go over a setting or two and what it does, why I would use it and then give me homework of pictures to take using that particular setting. I look at them and tend to be overwhelmed because I don't know what any of them do.

Great idea, sometimes I use one of the easy settings, say Aperture priority, normally the Av setting. This limits the changes you can make in camera to just the Aperture, which controls depth, and the camera auto sets the rest of the settings.

So with the dial on Av you can learn about depth of field while shooting. The camera will automaticaly adjust the ISO, or light sensitivity, as well as the shutter speed. Makes it easy to learn about the connectivity between ISO/Aperture/shutter speed. They are all connected. But yeah post something like that or a question and that will generate some good discission.

Well I continue to care after the future of Mortys offspring. I believe the experiment is providing exactly as expected. Interesting results. Mind you its just started so time will tell.

Here is a link to reference my previous discussion point and the inspiration for this experiment. Interesting stuff. Except I watched mine on a cool show like Into the Rabbit Hole or something with Michu Kaku. Love sciencey theoretical physics and space stuff.
masaru emoto

Anyway here is the posse. Again, the pot with the word Big on it, is the tallest plant. The plant with Strong on it is doing very well and second largest. The plant with the word Happy on the container has excellent node spacing and is doing just fine. Those three make up the Blue Bud. Go team.

The Gods Blue Warp will be a week behind I think. The amazing survivor is on the far right. All plants got some water. Snow melt and RO.mixed. Temps are around 83F and the RH around 50%. Still the odd fly so I do have traps out. When I finish harvesting the current flower tent and put the veg plants in there I will order some predatory mites to do their thing.

53DFE5B4-68E3-4559-9C6F-8B23D8B8D227.jpeg

Ok time for a proper update.

Took a group shot of the blue bud. Few more days and they may be ready for their first up pot. Picked up a coconut and will make a coconut water/aloe plant smoothie for a graduation present.

Also did a bit of leaf tip spreading just to expose the next leaflets. I hear it talked about so see if I can bush these things out or promote tight nodes.

The Gods Blue Warp are two weeks behind but that might be a good thing. Those are my best bet for an outdoor series of clones. Texada timewarp is a hearty outdoor strain.
Lets have a look.

blue_buds_IMG_9418.jpg

Blue Bud #7
BB7_IMG_9395.jpg

BB8_IMG_9402_full.jpg

Blue Bud #8

BB8_IMG_9392.jpg

BB7_IMG_9403.jpg

Blue Bud #9
BB9_IMG_9400.jpg

Gods Blue Warp #12
GBW_12_IMG_9406.jpg

Transplanted some of the babies yesterday. It was a bit of a train wreck. Two of them got some biogold mycos before being covered in soil. The rest had some sprinkled on top.

The roots were definitely looking happy. They were then fed with coconut water and fresh aloe.

The soil has been sitting in a large garbage bin for 6 or 7 months now. Baby worms are everywhere. So I won't be feeding the babies anything other than water for a while.

7fe31b750bad4cbb2c5d7ce4d89b444f.jpg

Transplanted some of the babies yesterday. It was a bit of a train wreck. Two of them got some biogold mycos before being covered in soil. The rest had some sprinkled on top.

The roots were definitely looking happy. They were then fed with coconut water and fresh aloe.

The soil has been sitting in a large garbage bin for 6 or 7 months now. Baby worms are everywhere. So I won't be feeding the babies anything other than water for a while.

7fe31b750bad4cbb2c5d7ce4d89b444f.jpg
They are growing fast and looking good, great job...️

Well not a lot to report. But they are pretty happy. Despite me not providing enough airflow in the veg tent. The humidity was up in the 90s without the fan on. I have remedied that. Got the panels open and the fan exhausting air.

I will say these plants are strong and quite bushy. The stems are very thick already and node spacing tight. I have been spreading the leaf tips apart as well just to help it along. I think one of the Blue Bud is taking off, a potential male, or just a beast. All plants will be cloned to find a mom.

Here is the tent.
morty_IMG_9589_full.JPG

Gods Blue Warp.
gbw_IMG_9579.JPG

Back
Top Bottom