Morty's Photographic Journal Of Dubiousness & Rickity Science - Blue Bud

I finally made it over. Everything looks spot on in here. It seems that your positive vibes work as well as the rhythms of the solar system. Beautiful garden UA!

Thank you Ripe! Its been a while since I have given a proper update. However I have had higher priorities lately. Lots of work in the personal arena.

I have chopped two of the four adults in the flower tent for being males. Two females remain, with their two clones in the veg tent, and 1more adult in the veg tent. I planned on taking some photos later tonight.

Hopefully my energy cooperates. Cheers folks.

I have a ton of reasons and excuses as to why I haven’t been as active lately. None of which are important enough to pass on to you folks. My energy is starting to rebound from the peak of the winter blues. Hard to get motivated when you go to work when it’s dark out and is pretty much the same on the way home. Eventually your energy reserves are drained.

We are down to 2 adults in the flower tent. I suspect the 1 adult in the veg tent is a male. We have one Blue Bud and one Gods Blue Warp starting to bud. I made the switch a week or so ago.

Last night I fed them some water with a bubbled kelp tea added. I also gave them a bit of a light defoliation on the bottom. Temps have been in the mid 80s with both lights on. Also have had a few instances of the plants wilting from lack of water. They are drinking a lot more than the last group.

lol just a cell phone shot of the current situation. Blue Bud on the right, Gods Blue Warp on the left

High Urban - good to see you buddy!
Hard to get motivated when you go to work when it’s dark out and is pretty much the same on the way home. Eventually your energy reserves are drained.
I know - isn’t that the worst!!? Sunlight really is a thing for mood and energy (not even sunshine... just light is good eh?). You should lie down in the grow room for some rays!! ;)
a bit of a light defoliation
:rofl: Oh dear - I actually spent about 1.5 seconds wondering how you defoliate light when I read that. Haven’t had any Cannabis today either... that must be the problem :)

Your girls should recover ok from wilting ... if you keep em happy and fed from now...

Hope things keep picking up for you. Sending well wishes and good vibes (man I need that hippy emoticon back )

:Namaste:

Welcome back! I missed seeing you around. I ran across a few other journals you follow and was wondering about you. I'm glad you're back. They'll be fine for sure. They look great. I let mine wilt a little twice on purpose a couple weeks ago for two reasons; so I could see what stages they go through when they needed water and I'm new new grower, the best way to gain knowledge is through first hand experience. Yours aren't even near where I let mine get the 2nd time. They stood back up in an hour like nothing happened. It was a sight of appreciation on both sides.

Hey UA, have you gotten your prize from Seedsman yet?
I have not received my prize from the January contest.
I'm starting to feel things.
Get in touch with Ruth, she will have you taken care of real quick. She is good stuff!

Hey UA, have you gotten your prize from Seedsman yet?
I have not received my prize from the January contest.
I'm starting to feel things.

lol no I haven’t, just letting things roll along. I will follow up soon if I don’t hear anything

Salutations friends,

Before heading off to work today I checked on the veg tent. I suspected this already, but confirmed it today, my second Gods Blue Warp is a male and therefore was recycled.

I chopped it and placed it into my “ready for action” soil bin with the other dead males. While placing it in the bin something caught my eye.

Turns out the plants kept growing. This is a photo of one of the plants that was chopped a week or so ago. in a garbage bin 2/3 full of soil with a lid. In the dark lol. The males had enough energy and continued to produce flowers at the very least. These were not even near as developed when I chopped them.

Finally saw a root coming out of the rock wool of the two clones. So I planted them directly into one of the recently vacated 5 gallon geopots. Which means I have one Blue Bud and one Gods Blue Warp female, with a clone of each.

A wise man once said, “Life, uh, finds a way”.

How’s the Amnesia x OG serving you UA? Mine is so slow to move along the process... I feel like she’s going to finish 2-3 weeks later than the rest of my tent. I really didn’t expect this, I must have a really Amnesia Haze-like pheno. Everything stacked up well but looks very leafy. I’m hoping the buds fatten up and fill out the colas nicely or I feel like trimming is going to be a pain.

A wise man once said, “Life, uh, finds a way”.

How’s the Amnesia x OG serving you UA? Mine is so slow to move along the process... I feel like she’s going to finish 2-3 weeks later than the rest of my tent. I really didn’t expect this, I must have a really Amnesia Haze-like pheno. Everything stacked up well but looks very leafy. I’m hoping the buds fatten up and fill out the colas nicely or I feel like trimming is going to be a pain.

Well I have been hesitant to do a smoke report on any of my strains due to what I believe was some grow/cure mistakes.

My Blue Dream and Green Crack didn’t bulk up or increase density. The buds are light and fairly airy. The buzz is good, although mild, but lacks flavour.

My Amnesia OG ended up giving me the most yield. It also smells great. The buzz is great and the taste is decent. Overall I am happy with my first effort. lol I did order some NYC Diesel last week to mix it up. I haven’t smoke any of the GC or BD in the last week or so, hoping that it continues to improve.

In order to help me figure out what went “not so right”, I have made some adjustments in my growing (previously discussed) and will NOT wash this round. I have spent a fraction of time in the tent and haven’t given them foliars. Pretty sure this round will provide some denser Indica nugs anyway.

Not really much of a bummer, since I wanted the glory of winning the contest, but I just read more details about customs and shipping of the prizes. Seems that I will be out of luck with regards to receiving the Terpinator and the 10 Gallon Geopots as both companies only ship within the US and not to us lowly northern neighbors. My little 3 x 3 flower tent can’t handle the 10 gallon pots and using terpinator in my LOS was not gonna happen. Makes me wonder if Growant ships here or not. I wonder if I could donate the geopots and terpinator to a grower in need that lives in the US of Eh?

Here is a shot showing off my trophies.

Nice nug jar!!! :thumb:

Makes me wonder if Growant ships here or not. I wonder if I could donate the geopots and terpinator to a grower in need that lives in the US of Eh?
Conradino23 got his GROWant to Europe just by paying the shipping so you should be good there. Message @GROWant and get it going.
Prize ‘gifting’ isn’t possible anymore apparently...

:Namaste:

My Amnesia OG isn’t dense like my others, and is super leafy. I’m hoping she’ll finish strong, she’s kicked it up a bit lately.

My LA Confidential ended up airy and not as potent as I hoped. I bet my 24K Gold could be a lot denser and stronger too. First grow, I’m convinced you need to make some mistakes before getting this stuff right so I don’t sweat it too much. I bet these will come out closer to your liking based on what you learned with your first batch.

Did you consider JAH Seeds when your when with JOTI? Both are treading similar ground with genetics, it seems. I’m thinking of giving JAH a try.

Back
Top Bottom