MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

My condolences.

I've got a couple NL X Skunk and Blue Bloods going in flowering. So far so good although I think yours have been blooming longer. When your schedule permits, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of yours---new strains for me as well.

Keep your head up brother.

:Namaste: :peace: :420:

Great buds, they look reallly wonderful.:circle-of-love:

Sorry about your losses. :peace:
Thanks Lester!
Congratulations on your harvest!
Thanks John!

Great looking garden as always mrbub :Namaste:

So sorry to read man, life is too damn fragile.. it really hits close to home in what happened man motorcycles have been a big part in my life and not for the good. 28 years old man way too young, Will be keeping you in our prayers mrbub keep your head high brotha.

Thanks CA! I lost a couple of my best friends all under 20yo. The good do die young brotha!

great, how much space do you have below the stairs?

No longer under the stairs anymore. I was running a 2x4x5 tent under there originally.

My condolences.

I've got a couple NL X Skunk and Blue Bloods going in flowering. So far so good although I think yours have been blooming longer. When your schedule permits, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of yours---new strains for me as well.

Keep your head up brother.

:Namaste: :peace: :420:

Thanks Josh!

My blue blood, critical mass, and Bubba kush are my recent flowers. NLxSkunk and Kerala x Skunk will be next :)

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Update:

The last week has been crazy. Besides working 40 hrs a week and 20 hrs a week in the garden we've been extra busy with the passing of our friend. Not only was he someone we loved but he also someone very important. My best friend and him were partners in the industry. Now my best friend is lost. I'm faced with the dilemma of taking what I've learned the last year and moving to CO to become his partner or to stay at my current job and to keep learning/waiting for medical to pass in our state.

Personally I am very modest and feel like I have a lot more to learn but my friend from Denver was really impressed with my flowers. He even showed me how to make some of my UltraSour buds into absolute shatter. It was amazing guys! He had some. Solventless c02 oil from the dispensary and my shatter was just as good! :)

To make things even more complicated over the weekend I had the opportunity to meet a lot of influential people in the Denver cannabis industry. A few of them were dispensary owners. It really opened my eyes. One owner I met goes by the name Johnny Trill and he won a bronze cup at the 2013 Amsterdam cannabis cup for a Solventless extract that he made in collaboration with essential extracts. This guy was so cool to talk to. I'm supposed to get a tour and meet him in a few weeks when we go to the cup!

Needless to say I'm really struggling to decide what to do. Hopefully after my trip in a few weeks I'll have a better idea.

In the meantime I'm going oil all the way guys. Going to be blasting all my flowers going forward. It's really the future of the industry imo so minds well learn it now.

A dilemma indeed mrbub, I'm sure you will make the right decision buddy, family first.
I really do enjoy concentrates/extracts and feel the same way, a lot of the people are really getting into the dab hype.
Some proper shatter/fullmelton the ti nail is amazing, prefer it over a joint any day. One hit on the nail resulting with a sweet smelling cloud of vapor, or a joint resulting in a smoke filled room with ash everywhere sticky resin lips and a butt cherry you need to extinguish LOL :rofl::tokin: I do love my doobies though... ;)

Have a great trip brotha sounds like you are going to be quite busy :Namaste:

A dilemma indeed mrbub, I'm sure you will make the right decision buddy, family first.
I really do enjoy concentrates/extracts and feel the same way, a lot of the people are really getting into the dab hype.
Some proper shatter/fullmelton the ti nail is amazing, prefer it over a joint any day. One hit on the nail resulting with a sweet smelling cloud of vapor, or a joint resulting in a smoke filled room with ash everywhere sticky resin lips and a butt cherry you need to extinguish LOL :rofl::tokin: I do love my doobies though... ;)

Have a great trip brotha sounds like you are going to be quite busy :Namaste:

Life is a dilemma bro lol

Initially I was against BHO. I strive to be a naturalist as much as I can be. After researching all the various methods of extraction from QWISO, RSO, bubble bags, dry sift, C02, and now BHO I've come to realize they all have their merits.

Ideally I'd be running full melt dry sift and water hash all day but prohibition style growing as doc puts it prevents me from being able provide myself with a consistent supply using thosr methods. Not only do I get lower returns but it's a lot more work lol. After following Brett mlMaverick I'm starting to realize the role of caregiver isn't just growing the med's it's also knowing all the different methods of use.

As you know I try learn holistically meaning I don't learn one way and stick with it. I run 5 different grow methods at a time usually. My opinion is there are too many growers with single minded education. They grow one size , one strain, one method, etc... I feel like this limits their abilities. I believe that professional growers need to understand how to grow every way possible so no matter what situation their faced with they can make it work. That's how I'm approaching all my medicine now. I want to master every extraction method and every possible way of taking the medicine. That includes making CBD pills, tinctures, RSO, edibles, topicals, and all forms of hash. I know I've got a lot to learn lmao.

As far as the dabs debate in general the argument has already been settled. It's the fastest growing movement since thai stick and Afghani hash. Denver is commonly called dab city. As a business man I see the opportunity behind the movement but more importantly as a patient/caregiver myself I see the huge medicinal value of concentrates over flowers. Imagine a daily CBD vitamin thst just turbo charges your neuro system, boosts your immune system and puts you in a great mood all day. We are just beginning to explore the benefits of large doses of thc vs the miniscule doses were used to under prohibition.

I'll never pass on a joint though. No better way to taste the crop then a fresh raw paper. Now I just take a few dabs while I smoke it so I only need 1 vs 3 to get medicated lol.

I'm so excited for this trip dude. The cup is actually sold out with an expected 37000 people! Expect lots of updates next week when I get back.

:Namaste:

Short update for you guys and a few pics.

Been crazy busy lately with weekly harvests, making concentrates, and getting ready for the cup this weekend.

You may notice in my pics that some plants look under fed. Im running about 3 different experiments rights now. The good news is they're getting better and better. The bads news is I have some reviving to do lol.

Basically what I've done is stopped using the Fox Farm line. I now mix my soil using promix, a compost plus manure mix, and a dry all purpose organic fertilizer. The first was with OC+ which isn't really organic and earth worm castings. The second batch only has the compost and a Jobes Organic Biome rated 4-4-4 with micros included. These ones are doing fantastic! It's the exact system I've been striving for. A simple just add water and occasionally top dress recipe or big bloom. So much simpler than mixing nutes. It's a work in progress and I know tons of other amendments could be added to improve this but right now I'm looking for the simplest organic method possible. Basically I only use the all purpose for veg and then top dress with the jobes all purpose bloo after transplanting into final containers.

I'm going to run this as a comparison to docs Hb kit which I'll start next week. I've heard the Hb is the best of the best but I want to see if it's worth all the extra effort because so far the foliar sprays and drenches seem like a lot of work compared to my just add water system.

Anyways here's a few pics of the small veg tent and some randoms. I'll try to get some of the flower tent and large veg tent soon..

These first ones are of a Blue OG from about a week ago. It was harvested last night. The second plant is a Northern Light x Skunk going into flower.

20140402_201734.jpg
20140402_201748.jpg
20140402_201758.jpg
20140409_205808.jpg

Here's a few of my homemade shatter. Ghetto tech right now but we'll get there.
20140408_210032.jpg
20140412_154707.jpg
20140415_201826.jpg
20140414_181220.jpg

And finally the small veg tent. The first pic is the GSC, CC, BD, and PW sseedlings.
20140417_180348.jpg
20140417_180353.jpg
20140417_180358.jpg
20140417_180405.jpg
20140417_180413.jpg

That's it's for now. Sorry the updates have been slow. Should get interesting next week when I get back from the cup and start the high brix.

Have a great Easter and a Happy 420 everyone! :thumb:

Beautiful garden mrbub :Namaste: and beautiful extracts :bong: Woo makes me eyes red just looking at it!
I hear your reasoning on the hash making, that's the truth. Have a killer time & be safe brotha!
Lets see some pictures of the jobes girls when you get back :blunt: also anticipating the hb adventure!

Beautiful garden mrbub :Namaste: and beautiful extracts :bong: Woo makes me eyes red just looking at it!
I hear your reasoning on the hash making, that's the truth. Have a killer time & be safe brotha!
Lets see some pictures of the jobes girls when you get back :blunt: also anticipating the hb adventure!

Thanks CA! The cup was insane dude. If anyone doubts hash overtaking flower check out a few cup videos on YouTube. It was all about the dabs :)

The "organic" girls are doing fantastic! I've been in straight water for almost a month now. Some are struggling but that was either plants converted from FF to organic mid cycle or earlier soil recipes.

My current recipe is pro mix, an organic compost with manure added, and the jobes organic all purpose dry fertilizer. Hoping this recipe will work for 4 weeks of veg then transplant to a fresh batch of this soil for 4 weeks and maybe a top dress bloom booster on flower week 4. Trying to limit the photos just cuz it's getting crazy. I know it makes for a boring journal lol. Hopefully in the near future I'll get this under control in the meantime I'm going to consider this journal closed. I am still going to run my high Brix journal which I just updated today. I might start a new perpetual journal soon. Thanks for all your support and positive vibes! Hope all is well for you.

Hey bro, I want to give you an invite to my new journal. I know you're busy and all. Hope you had a blast at the Cup.

Perpetual Pics

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out :)

At this point I would like to conclude this journal. It's been an amazing journey. I've learned so much since the first day I started. This forum has been my number one source for growing knowledge. The members on here are some of the best I've found online. Everyone is always willing to help.

Since I started this journal my goals have changed. At first it was a way for my wife and I to provide ourselves with affordable medicine. Now it has become my life's work.

I'll be running a new perpetual journal in the near future otherwise in the meantime you can follow my high Brix journal in my signature.

Thanks again for everyone who followed and helped along the way. Keep an eye out for some new updates once I get another journal going in a few weeks.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom