New City Grower 2.0

After one day under the Top Led 96x3w reflector the plants on the lower level of our Veg Tent already appear to prefer it over CFL's. All heads are reaching for the sky & the branches don't seem to be whisking from the breeze of the fan as much. What a difference a day can make. Thanxx for convincing me guys.

IMG_00004758.jpg

IMG_00004764.jpg

I also added a strip of fly paper to catch some of those harmless yet annoying Leaf Hoppers.

IMG_00004760.jpg

FLUXY MOMMA (Power Flower, Flux style) Day 296 / Day 39 under LEDs

I pulled her out of the Bloom Tent to check the trich's color ratio; No sign of amber, mostly cloudy with maybe a third still clear. I just don't want to over ripen her since she started her bloom cycle outside, even though it was late into the bloom season. Plus the fact that she's smelling ready isn't helping me relax any.

IMG_00004847.jpg

IMG_00004797.jpg

STREET GIRL #1 of the FIRST WAVE
(Unknown Strain) Harvest on Dec 17

Wet Weight 63.4 grams
IMG_00004657.jpg

Dry Weight 15.2 grams

IMG_00004867.jpg

QUICK UPDATE​
Dec 19, 2014​

The plant I lollypopped nearly 2 weeks ago. Since it doesn't appear to be recovering & is taking up real estate that can be occupied by a healthier tenant we've decided to trash her.
This is the first plant I've thrown in the towel on other than males. All of her flaky buddage will be placed into our trim & popcorn freezer bag.

IMG_00004874.jpg

IMG_00004894.jpg

IMG_00004890.jpg

The roots look half decent but hey; It is what it is.

IMG_00004898.jpg

ROYAL MEDIC CLONE #4
Day 45 / Day 1 under 12/12

This is her replacement. I hope Royal Medic is as good as the rumors I've read about it here because I'm going to have a truck load of it in the near future with all the clones we took.

IMG_00004878.jpg

IMG_00004887.jpg

Royal medic sounds like an awesome strain Reg, and your plants are looking great, especially the ones you moved under the topLED. I wouldn't doubt that it'll be a long time mainstay for you in the future, I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Too bad about the trash-plant. We all mess up sometimes. Its spot will be filled by a better candidate. :love:

Congrats on the half-zip dry street girl! Looks pretty dang good! Let us know how she smokes :) .... I'm really looking forward to this upcoming BG Flux! that will be awesome! Take care! :circle-of-love::cheer:

Well folks, here we go again. Sorry to keep bombarding you with every single detail but our journal is also our log. Even more importantly I would've died to find a thread that post's every little thing step by step when I found 420 Magazine.

I knew nothing about growing cannabis so I'm thinking of the "me" from a year and 1/2 ago.

I forgot to say this a few days back when the seedlings popped up.

After trying the soaking the beans in water for 24 hours before dropping them in the dirt, trick, I have concluded that putting the bean anywhere before dropping it in the dirt is a wast of time. Every time I have dropped seeds, they start to pop on the 4th day. I soaked the beans for 24 hours and then dropped them in he dirt, and it was still 4 days after putting them in soil before the joined the world. Thus adding a whole day to the process.

For me, there is no point in wasting time with these other methods. I just can't see the point in adding the extra steps.

Any-who. Hope you all have a good day. It's off to work I go :)

IMG_00004911.jpg

IMG_00004906.jpg

IMG_00004916.jpg

IMG_00004923.jpg

Thanxx for dropping by my long time cyber friend & just for the record; We don't talk with an accent, people from out-of-state do. Ask anyone from NY & they'll verify that. LOL...

hahaha thats wat everyone says..... use guys talk like joey trivianni right?? lmaooo
:laughtwo: I slips every now & then with the S's but I try to speak correct grammar.

Thanxx Mr. Dirty Dreamz. The training advice will come in handy. She told me to tell you she's growing this one for you.

Plants are looking tight! Tent looks nice too. For Fluxy, she looks like a normal plant that's about 2.5-3 weeks away - where she's got 50/50 fresh pistils, and the brown ones aren't receded into the calyx. Maybe she wasn't flowering properly outside, and some streetlight was interrupting her. Give her some time here at the end, in full darkness, and she might ripen up. I don't recall what harvest procedures you presently employ - but I'd give her a week and a half, then flush for a week and a half. Hang in there! :cheer:

Thanxx Carestaker. Now we have another option or should I say an additional option to decide when a plant is ready.
What you said about the streetlights make sense. Unlike Pepé Le Pew, Fluxy Momma didn't start on the Fire Escape. She vegged inside & then was put outdoors. This helps verify the theory of consistent stray-light.

Since Pepé Le Pew spent her entire life span under the streetlights it had no effect on her production; (Still my best harvest to date). On the other hand Fluxy Momma had adapted to total darkness during lights out and the move to the Fire Escape was inconsistent as far as stray light goes. I gather she didn't hermie because the new inconsistency was consistent if that makes sense to you.

SMOKE REPORT​

IMG_20140818_5_5.jpg

3rd WAVE STREET GIRL / Solo Cup Run (Unknown Strain) Harvest on Dec 4

She rolls in at a 7.2 The reason why I give her such a high rating is because she has this psychedelic type of high I haven't experienced since back in the early 80's. I don't even remember what it was I smoked so I can't identify the strain. I only took 3 good hits of the joint but we have to take into account that it's my wake & bake for today.
The aroma is a mild flowery scent yet the taste is much lighter. She's smokes as smooth as a baby's bottom side; so clean I can actually taste the RAW hemp paper.
I might start drying whole plants, trunk & all like we did with this one because of it's size. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but this is by far our smoothest cure.

I really wish we could grow this again. We'll have to take clones of every STREET GIRL still in veg starting today.

I'm with you my friend B A R !
:high-five:

"I really wish we could grow this again. We'll have to take clones of every STREET GIRL still in veg starting today".

When you find a good one......you want to keep it! It sounds so 1980s. Maybe 70s.:bravo::goodjob:

Hello Fifi, just the lady I wanted to see!

Happy to inform you that your Paper Towel Method of germinating worked, maybe to well. Our Russel tin might take less time than your great American Flag tin & we may have to cut it down from 72hrs. One of the beans even took off her helmet.

IMG_00004929.jpg

So we only put the tap-roots themselves in the medium. Lets hope they make it.

IMG_00004936.jpg

IMG_00004947.jpg

IMG_00004940.jpg

They will be fine... I have had it happen several times... I had just the opposite happen on the Blueberry OG... She had a great tap root but she didn't loose her hat when she popped soil and I ended up having to help pull it off then the membrane was still keeping the leaves closed so I had to keep misting it with water till I could easily pull it off but she was perfect in less than an hour after that... so that made it 5 for 5 out of the paper towel method and all have popped soil now...:yahoo:... Congrats on the beautiful tap roots.... ya got to admit it does work....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom