New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

ReALLY Cajun?
You dropped by and didn't enlighten us on your coco comment? Bad Cajun... :laughtwo:

Nah, not making waves my friend.
Not using coco is fine. It's a better product than peat moss in several major ways. Peat at least amended with coco is superior to straight peat moss.
I thought you mixed it yourself & was surprised. Didn't know it was a kit. The creator of the kit probably won't care for the suggestion I'd think, so I'll keep quiet.... or start. Lol.

PHOTO SHOOT​
BIG TENT​
Oct 27, 2015​

IMG_00019805.jpg

STREET GIRL Day 124 / Day 82 under 12/12

IMG_00019732.jpg

IMG_00019739.jpg

STREET GIRL Day 124 / Day 58 under 12/12

IMG_00019750.jpg

IMG_00019754.jpg

LEMON HAZE
(Clone) Day 121 / Day 71 under 12/12

IMG_00019742.jpg

IMG_00019746.jpg

BAGSEED
Day 97 / Day 50 under 12/12

IMG_00019760.jpg

IMG_00019769.jpg

BAGSEED
Day 89 / Day 46 under 12/12

IMG_00019723.jpg

IMG_00019725.jpg

MYSTERY X CRITICAL SENSI STAR (Grown entirely under 12/12) Day 11

IMG_00019773.jpg

LIBERTY HAZE
(Feminized, Flux) Day 257

IMG_00019776.jpg

IMG_00019779.jpg

DALE'S BLUE BLOOD (MEDICANN BLUE BLOOD grown in honor of SWEETSUE'S DALE) Day 111 / Day 32 under 12/12

IMG_00019708.jpg

IMG_00019710.jpg

IMG_00019720.jpg

DOUBLE / WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD (Clones) Day 106 / Day 32 under 12/12

IMG_00019784.jpg

IMG_00019788.jpg

IMG_00019793.jpg

And we also dropped some more beans of Mystery X Critical Sensi Star this evening since last week's didn't tap-root.

IMG_00019703.jpg

I'm also contemplating changing the light schedule of the Big Tent from 12/12 to 11/13. Dr. Ziggy has pointed out that the shorter light cycles brings out more characteristics of the different strains.
If I take that route we'll be going from 18/6 in the Veg Tent to 12/12 in the Bloom Tent & then to 11/13 in the Big Tent during the last stretch of all plants. In other words it'll be a 3 tent rotation. Any thoughts on that idea?

Nah, not making waves my friend.
Not using coco is fine. It's a better product than peat moss in several major ways. Peat at least amended with coco is superior to straight peat moss.
I thought you mixed it yourself & was surprised. Didn't know it was a kit. The creator of the kit probably won't care for the suggestion I'd think, so I'll keep quiet.... or start. Lol.
Oh knock it off Cajun.. Anything that can improve our grows needs to be discussed! In what ways is coco better than peat moss? The only wave you're going to create is the one for not getting into detail. :surf:

I think it's a really good idea. If you're not going to go straight 11/13 (I'm actually down to 10/14 and seeing marvelous stuff) then at least you'll get the benefit during the last month or so. It speeds everything up some though, so you may want to modify your lead-in schedules to give more time in the final stage. Just a thought born more of instinct that insisted I register it, so there might be something to it.

Dale would be proud Reg. It chokes me up with pride to see it. Beautiful job.

Thank you all for the loving thoughts. It's my pleasure to give back. We'll all learn so much from his playing with this kit and it's going to be such fun to watch. We should buy more popcorn, or have Ziggy make some. Ooooo..... Better idea. :laughtwo:

Oh knock it off Cajun.. Anything that can improve our grows needs to be discussed! In what ways is coco better than peat moss? The only wave you're going to create is the one for not getting into detail. :surf:

Isn't the soil we're discussing here PeeJay's mix? You haven't started to mix the kit soil yet, have you? That means you're not stepping on anyone's toes Cajun, so spill.

LOL... There's no way I could switch to 10/14 without switching my whole light cycle from day to night. Don't forget I have a job; if that's what you want to call it. I just made the plunge to 11/13 though. Instead of lights on at 7:15am it's now 7:45am which is going to only leave me 45mins to garden the Big Tent on weekday mornings. Lights out will now be at 6:45pm instead of 7:15pm which will cut into my plant staring time in the evening.
But it shouldn't be too much of a hassle since the final stretch is pretty much just watering and waiting. Thanxx for the encouragement Sue.
Isn't the soil we're discussing here PeeJay's mix? You haven't started to mix the kit soil yet, have you? That means you're not stepping on anyone's toes Cajun, so spill.
What she said...

Cajun:shhh:... ...:hmmmm::hmmmm:Us

I see it difficult in a perpetual grow.
I like it if a plant takes longer to cut that a bit and it works with 11/13.
Currently running 11/13 from flip and my Blue Dream is 1 week early.
Rest are sativas I did not grow before but look great and ready 10 day before breeder advice.
The Blue Dream are clones from a mother and I have 6 grows with her.

But I go back to 11.45/12.15 for perpetual grow cause most I grow now will be 50-60day plants and I don't want to speed up fast plants.

LOL... There's no way I could switch to 10/14 without switching my whole light cycle from day to night. Don't forget I have a job; if that's what you want to call it. I just made the plunge to 11/13 though. Instead of lights on at 7:15am it's now 7:45am which is going to only leave me 45mins to garden the Big Tent on weekday mornings. Lights out will now be at 6:45pm instead of 7:15pm which will cut into my plant staring time in the evening.
But it shouldn't be too much of a hassle since the final stretch is pretty much just watering and waiting. Thanxx for the encouragement Sue.What she said...

Cajun:shhh:... ...:hmmmm::hmmmm:Us

I understand. Yeah, that cut in time available in the tent is frustrating. That life has the audacity to demand we not spend every waking moment admiring and tinkering with our gardens. LOL! I am so lucky to have the access I do.

You're going to have to call Cajun on it again, I think Reg.

Hahaha! I read that last sentence and realized how strongly the syntax of the region sometimes comes through. The Pennsylvania Dutch influence is a distinct flavor in our region. My grandfather once explained it to me like this: most people would say "toss some hay over the fence for the horse." The Pennsylvania Dutch would say that as "toss the horse over the fence some hay". We just switch the language around to suit our whim. :laughtwo:

I see it difficult in a perpetual grow.
I like it if a plant takes longer to cut that a bit and it works with 11/13.
Currently running 11/13 from flip and my Blue Dream is 1 week early.
Rest are sativas I did not grow before but look great and ready 10 day before breeder advice.
The Blue Dream are clones from a mother and I have 6 grows with her.

But I go back to 11.45/12.15 for perpetual grow cause most I grow now will be 50-60day plants and I don't want to speed up fast plants.

Does that mere half hour difference really make an appreciable decrease in finish times Darkgrow? Have you charted this and noticed a pattern of faster finishes under 11.45/12.15?

No I just decided to go that way and give it a try.
Most I run will be fast strains + some sativa for myself and I cant change time schedule in perpetual.
So this is just a compromise out of a stoner mind:cheesygrinsmiley:

If that's what you're selling but only because I had a crush on Mary Ann as a kid.

No I just decided to go that way and give it a try.
Most I run will be fast strains + some sativa for myself and I cant change time schedule in perpetual.
So this is just a compromise out of a stoner mind:cheesygrinsmiley:

All the folks on Gilligan's Island used coco & they thrived a long time.
Thought it might be the same for cannabis.
You buyin' that?

If that's what you're selling but only because I had a crush on Mary Ann as a kid.

You guys are on a roll tonight. Three good laughs in a row! Ahhhhh......., :laughtwo: geez, nice time to stop. Thanks. Made the top of my head tingle. Sweet! :laughtwo:

PHOTO SHOOT​
THE VEG TENT​
Oct 28, 2015​

IMG_00019856.jpg

IMG_00019861.jpg

UPPER DECK​

IMG_00019817.jpg

LOWER DECK​

IMG_00019822.jpg

IMG_00019824.jpg

IMG_00019826.jpg

MAIN DECK​

IMG_000198291.jpg

JACK HERER
(4th Generation Clone) Day 41

IMG_00019834.jpg

BLUE BLOOD (Clone) Day 42

IMG_00019836.jpg

PINEAPPLE CHUNK Day 48

IMG_00019839.jpg

*Swoon* Geez Reg, warn a girl first won't you? This kind of stuff gets my blood boiling. Concise, visually stimulating, expertly labeled. I didn't stand a chance. You keep raising the standard. You have us making sure to get real light photos, you have me seriously thinking about labeling and group shots. Gosh B A R. I'm impressed. Thank you for caring enough to put so much into it. :hug: :circle-of-love:

Reg, where did you get the bags? Forgive me for not paying closer attention, but on my third pass through your garden - yeah, third - I suddenly found myself caught up in those bags. They look like a great choice. I went with Geo Pots, and I'm happy with them, but I've always wondered if thinner ones would work better.

As promised Sue, that's all 3 tents... One each day. I hope it all makes sense now. I kind of got caught off guard when the Big Tent shut off early though, meant to do a finally pic of all 3 in one group shot.

There 3gal Smart Pots from Cramazon. The reason I chose that particular brand was because they're only $24.95 per 10pk.

I think you definately got your money's worth. That material should hold up well with care. It's nearly indestructible unless you come at it with scissors.

Yes, you made it easy to follow and in the end it's like a mini-tutorial on how to pull off a perpetual grow. Excellent. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom