New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Thanks B A R,
Your perpetual grow needs more than skimming the first and last pages. I will check in soon.
Best
canyon
Hello Canyon and welcome aboard. To catch up on what's going on now you'd only have to go back to "HERE" which is only 7 pages in arrears. That's when we started the conversion from a 2 tent, 2lt Soda Pop Pot Perpetual Grow to a Bigger & Better 3 tent, 3gal Smart Pot Perpetual Grow. It's a work in progress.

THE OL SWITCH-A-ROO...​

The great thing about Autos is you can bounce them from tent to tent (18/6 - 12/12) without any ill effects. This morning we took the Mystery x Afghan Kush auto from the Bloom Tent and tossed her in the Veg Tent. The ULTRA LEMON HAZE from yesterday's Bonus Round took her place.

IMG_00019442.jpg

BLOOM TENT ULH Back, right corner
IMG_00019446.jpg

One of the two auto tap-roots we planted in the Auto pot sprouted already so follow me to the Veg Tent...
First thing I did was take a cutting before flipping the ULH and am attempting to clone the top and bottom half separately.

IMG_00019470.jpg

MYSTERY X AFGHAN KUSH (Auto) Day 13 with two more MxAK auto beans added

IMG_00019447.jpg

IMG_00019464.jpg

IMG_00019461.jpg

GREAT WHITE SHARK Day 35

She has one week left to get her act together or else it's lights out.

IMG_00019466.jpg

Wow BAR took some time out to checked out your journal. MAN you got it going on. Keep up the great work.:thumb::goodjob:
What's up LB, you know I'm still holding on to my raincheck for our next lunch & smoke meeting in Little Italy. Was out there last week but did the seafood thing instead of pizza.

Thanks for tip about autos & going to/from 18/6 & 12/12. :thanks:
Anytime Brightlights.

Can't think of another way of saying "looking good" so... :goodjob:
You're not doing too bad yourself around at your place Mr. Amazing. Such a fitting username.

QUICK UPDATE​
Oct 25, 2015​

As I was telling Cali Dreaming a few days ago we were at about 75% germinating in soil but looking more like 99.9% since we started using rockwool cubes; guess it still holds true.
Out of the two Mystery X Afghan Kush tap-rooted beans we buried in the pot of our first one only 1 sprouted.

IMG_00019496.jpg

IMG_00019474.jpg

But both Mystery X Afghan Kush in rockwool cubes tap-rooted beans sprouted...

IMG_00019478.jpg

ULTRA LEMON HAZE
(Cutting) Day 3

This was 1 cutting that I cut in half to try and make 2 clones from but I guess the head has to be attached (un-topped) to survive. I'll try it again soon though.

IMG_00019502.jpg

And this morning we threw in the towel on the Great White Shark; dug her up and planted a JH clone in the same pot of soil.

GREAT WHITE SHARK
IMG_00019511.jpg

JACK HERER Clone (4th generation) Day 37

IMG_00019517.jpg

IMG_00019523.jpg

Damn Reg, you make me look like I'm standing still. How do you keep up? Geez, there's no keeping pace with you. I'm utterly amazed. I'm gonna shut up now and look over all that again.

Damn!

Dang you're busy. Looking great my friend.
I saw the mix ya got brewing. I wondered why you didn't use coco instead of the moss or at least in addition to it.

Gotta ask - what's the advantage of including coco in the mix?

I saw the mix ya got brewing. I wondered why you didn't use coco instead of the moss or at least in addition to it.
Hello Cajun. It's an Organic Customized Mix calculated by PJ with what I had on hand along with what I could easily get. I'm with Sue; why do you mention coco? The best run I had to date was in this same mix.

Damn Reg, you make me look like I'm standing still. How do you keep up?
Really it's not that complicated Sue; every pot is labeled with the strain, start date, and flip date. We look at each tent as an individual entity and feed & water the light pots as necessary one tent at a time.
To give you an example and make it not look so overwhelming I'll update one tent each day for the next 3 days.

PHOTO SHOOT​
THE BLOOM TENT​
Oct 26, 2015​

IMG_00019655.jpg

ULTRA LEMON HAZE Day 108 / Day 3 under 12/12

IMG_00019573.jpg

IMG_00019578.jpg

JACK HERER CLONE (3rd generation) Day 107 / Day 13 under 12/12

IMG_00019641.jpg

IMG_00019538.jpg

STREET GIRL (Clone) DAY 70 / Day 27 under 12/12

IMG_00019540.jpg

IMG_00019543.jpg

KUSH (Re-veg) Day 96 / Day 30 under 12/12

IMG_00019583.jpg

IMG_00019587.jpg

BAGSEED Day 102 / Day 40 under 12/12

IMG_00019558.jpg

IMG_00019566.jpg

BAGSEED Day 96 / Day 46 under 12/12

IMG_00019594.jpg

IMG_00019599.jpg

BAGSEED
Day 96 / Day 56 under 12/12

IMG_00019613.jpg

IMG_00019625.jpg

AND NOW FOR THE BONUS ROUND...​

Some of you may already know that I was discussing doing a run of Doc Bud's HB Kit going side by side with the same strain from the same batch of beans, in the same environment, up against PJ's Organic Soil Mix.

It was a convo we had over on Sue's thread and being the amazing person that she is instead of just saying "I'd like to see that" she's making it happen!
Today I received enough of Doc's kit to do this "side by side" courtesy of
SweetSue.

IMG_00019651.jpg

And a Bigger Hug back to you Sue...

Great Reg. Let the fun begin. I believe you're in for a surprise. I wasn't prepared for the energy these plants put out, but you have much more experience than I do. I didn't send instructions, because that's pretty much how I got it and I wanted to see how you handled the initial acclimation process. I've grown much more comfortable with the Kit and can be available for any questions you may have. My savior was Graytail. I'm sure he'd be the same voice of reason for you B A R.

It's a joy to be able to finally give something back to a community that's been so generous to me. This is what we do here. The Great :420: Share.

How many plants do you have going right now? Just curious. I have 19 charges and I've only posted the wrong name once, which quite frankly surprises me. :laughtwo:

I like the labeling idea, and I'll institute that ASAP, as in tomorrow. I'm still getting the documentation down too. Thank you for stretching out the updates to one tent a day over three days. That makes it a more valuable teaching tool Reg. I gotta give you reps for that. Good work. You make the teacher in me proud. :love:

That is a really nice thing that happened there and I love the little hug note. It's good to see the community working together like that, what a wonderful place this is. I love how healthy your plants are looking too BAR, I'm watching with interest :thumb:

ReALLY Cajun?
You dropped by and didn't enlighten us on your coco comment? Bad Cajun... :laughtwo:

Sue you bloody rock!

Sue is Sweet Isnt she :high-five:

As always BAR :bravo: Isn't SweetSue just the greatest :love:

Here here...

I didn't send instructions, because that's pretty much how I got it and I wanted to see how you handled the initial acclimation process. I've grown much more comfortable with the Kit and can be available for any questions you may have. My savior was Graytail. I'm sure he'd be the same voice of reason for you.
Gray & I go back a few moons. He's another one that helped me out a lot when I was still a virgin grower so I'm sure he won't have a problem walking me through it.

How many plants do you have going right now?
To tell the truth I stopped counting and naming my plants awhile back when I got over 10. It didn't seem to matter anymore but now that we're phasing out the 2lt pots it won't be as many. I'm quite sure we were running in the upper 20's to low 30's on a regular basis though.

That is a really nice thing that happened there and I love the little hug note. It's good to see the community working together like that, what a wonderful place this is. I love how healthy your plants are looking too BAR
It's been a long and winding road up to this point Kraize. I just hope the road ahead is a little smoother.

Every time I come here 420 magick :thumb:
Good on ya Sue and I look forwards to seeing the outcome have a great day Reg:high-five:
It'll be a minute Jaga. Once I get this 3gal Never Ending Harvest up and running we'll start.

:ciao: Fifi.
The Mystery X Critical Sensi Star beans haven't sprouted after 5 days in the paper towel. I'll try a few more this evening; be patient with me dear.

IMG_00019682.jpg

It's a little busy this week so I'll try to catch up on everyone's threads this evening.

I'm really looking forward to your side-by-side with the HB stuff. Should be a fun run!

Back
Top Bottom