New person, and have no idea what I'm doing

SarahJane211

tv box.jpg

I've made a grow tent out of some old TV boxes and sticky back plastic, and stuck an HGL 240 with two Chinese 'quantum boards' on the top. Can vary the lux from 2,000 to 47,000 using the dimmer, currently on 10,000 lux (according to my phone app)
Tall plant on the right, Amnesia auto, top right Thai brick clone, bottom middle Red Diesel photo, top Lemon Kush photo, centre left both Orange Punch photo. Everything growing in 70% coco +30% perlite.

It's hot as hell where I live and twice as humid.

Hi Sara, Welcome to 420 !!! 1st off you'll need to start a grow journal. Looks like you have the basic idea down to me since you have already cloned. So you are growing in Coco & hand feeding? Hope you have time to feed 2 - 3 times per day. My last grow was in Coco & I wont do it again without an automatic feed system. Too much time feeding every day for me.
Anyways, Never use just water on Coco & Never let it dry out. Feed nutrients every time (2-3 times per day) (You can't over water Coco). Keep the pH around 5.8. That's the most important part of growing in Coco.

Hi Sara, Welcome to 420 !!! 1st off you'll need to start a grow journal. Looks like you have the basic idea down to me since you have already cloned. So you are growing in Coco & hand feeding? Hope you have time to feed 2 - 3 times per day. My last grow was in Coco & I wont do it again without an automatic feed system. Too much time feeding every day for me.
Anyways, Never use just water on Coco & Never let it dry out. Feed nutrients every time (2-3 times per day) (You can't over water Coco). Keep the pH around 5.8. That's the most important part of growing in Coco.

Thanks for those tips, I'm using coco because my first attempts with potting compost/soil/organic all died a root rotting death. Where I'm living almost everything mentioned in these forums is prohibited by law from import or sale. So I have to use local materials. Cal-mag, rooting hormone, chemical fertiliser that has been locally produced are all a bit mysterious in their content. Seeds are easily available as Customs don't look in envelopes, but any boxes from the west are opened (I've been buying from Grizzly and Attitude).

I've been adding citric acid (locally available) to the tap water PH 7.8 to reduce it to between 6 & 6.5.
I haven't been feeding nutrients every time, just a little bit in the coco to start it off (also a handful of potting compost to bulk it up slightly), so I'll try your advice and increase the nutrients a bit.
I only water the plants every 3-4 days, humidity rarely gets below 50% here so they don't dry out very quickly and my plants are still small.

6:30am now, temp 25c, humidity 58%
supplies.jpg

I have no idea what those nutrients are. Never seen them before. I'd use something for tomato plants. There's also a plant food for a certain type of flower that works well but I can't think of the name of the flower at the moment.
Both have similar nutrients to what you use to grow weed.

Hi New Girl!

I am not nor do I profess to be an expert in any phase of growing. Looking at your photo of the nutrients you have available one especially caught my eye.

If the NPK values are the same in your country as in the USA then the fertilizer I circled I would put away till the plants are in the flowering stage. My personal feeling is for vegging plants I would look for something with the NPK in the 7-3-5 range or thereabouts. The Potassium (K) should always be higher then the Phosphorus in veg and flowering.

And NEVER take the advice of someone on this or any other site without second and third or more opinions. I would hate to give someone bad information and always ask others to chime in on my thoughts. Ask for help from the experts like our back to back, two time Member of the Year @InTheShed or guys in his crew. All filled with knowledge and willing and happy to share.

About 75% of the people who posted on your thread are the people I learned from over the past 3 years. @Old Salt is another great grower who has guided me through past grows. I'm just passing on the things I've learned, tried & know works. But yes, you should still get others opinions because different growers do things differently. Between the differences you'll find what works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom