New to growing and need to make/buy a grow box for my closet

KingLegalize

Hey everyone this is my first post on this site and i've learned a TON from some of the other threads that i've gone through and read
I'm new to growing (Never tried it before) and I need to find either a design for a simple, odorless growbox or even just one that i can buy online. I dont need anything too elaborate, i just need something simple that is somewhat stealthy, odorless, and can fit 1-2 plants.
I also would really really really appreciate some tips on how to get decent yield out of the one or two plants that i will be growing.
Thanks in advance everyone, I'll be making a growing journal as soon as i get started and I'll post pictures every step along the way of the grow.

Hey KL welcome to 420 easily the best site in the world for likeminded people that are willing to help. Im pretty new on here too, firstly id ask do you really need to set up a grow box? I made do with just a few basics on my first few grows till I got ahandle on it. To your question of yeild and techniques, id go with loads of lst from really early on in the plants life. It gives amazing results, I use gardening wire to tie back to the pot rim as she grows, thick enough not to cut into her limbs.
Also for stealth you can for a cheap option use active carbon pellets hung inside your area, you can even use tights to fill and hang.
Sorry if this sounds basic its just too many people spend too much money on things they dont perhaps need just yet and miss things you really do need. Such as ph meter etc. Heres a pic of my baby grown using LST
20130715_162238.jpg

Whatever u do don't go with college grow box , the worst receive ever and when u want to return they'll just bullshit u around or won't answer at all , the owner is dee. Just reflective paper in a plastic walmart cabinet , never deal with them

best to build your self almost every reddy to grow box has bad air flow and you always need to fix it so it functions right ... or it has just bad lighting... the only reddy to go stuff i like is the box made by norther lights super closet or something like that but never workt with it ....

you cant beat a home made box that fits your needs perfectly

Hey KL welcome to 420 easily the best site in the world for likeminded people that are willing to help. Im pretty new on here too, firstly id ask do you really need to set up a grow box? I made do with just a few basics on my first few grows till I got ahandle on it. To your question of yeild and techniques, id go with loads of lst from really early on in the plants life. It gives amazing results, I use gardening wire to tie back to the pot rim as she grows, thick enough not to cut into her limbs.
Also for stealth you can for a cheap option use active carbon pellets hung inside your area, you can even use tights to fill and hang.
Sorry if this sounds basic its just too many people spend too much money on things they dont perhaps need just yet and miss things you really do need. Such as ph meter etc. Heres a pic of my baby grown using LST
20130715_162238.jpg

Don't let LA fool you. He is no Newbie. He is a master grower and king of the FLUX!!!!! :high-five: :peace:

I have a similar issue. I am about to start one in a closet myself, but am more looking on what to do with my walls, or instead build a box. The way I am thinking is to use 3 of the closet walls, and then build one wall myself to make a box. I am debating between painting it all flat white, or possibly getting this inch thick all white foam insulation from the store I seen. It was cheap, large, if possible could even do all of the walls for fairly cheap since it is already white, and can be easily moved around and cut into for things such as fans. Or, mylar? Black/white poly?

My first grow by the way, so I'm also confused a bit :p I did get two 300w LED's though, and a nice pH testing meter, and pH up and down. I also have a bag of MG soil, but, I was told I should go to my local hydro store and buy Foxfarm or Root Organics soil. Should I do that also? Thanks. I'd prefer not to buy a tent currently, as I'm already $350+ in with buying nice auto seeds, lights, etc. I also bought chains for the lights etc. I still need to get a filter for the smell, but it seems that will also run me over $100.

Get the foil covered foam if you can.. I bought 1"x4'x8' sheets at Home Depot that was foil covered on one side... You can move it closer to the plants when they're young if you hang it, and don't attach the foam to the wall... I hung reflective panels close to the plant in my led grow and it bounced a lot of light back on the plant..... I was running a 185 watt led and needed all the light i could get... It was like hanging a reflective box, with no top and no bottom, around the plant... The closer you get that first photon bounce the better...

Back
Top Bottom